@DEVS - Apple blocks access to FTL in new iOS update

General discussion about the game.
FDru

@DEVS - Apple blocks access to FTL in new iOS update

Postby FDru » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:37 pm

Apparently access to app files is now restricted to apps that have "iTunes File Sharing" enabled, which means programs like iBrowse and iFunBox aren't able to write to the FTL directory in iPad. So it seems like it's impossible to transfer saves from PC to iPad.

iTunes File Sharing is supposed to be a simple toggle but only the app developer can enable it. Could you look into this?
tkd1221

Re: @DEVS - Apple blocks access to FTL in new iOS update

Postby tkd1221 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:56 am

I'm also quite interested in having iTunes file sharing enabled to transfer my steam save to my iPad. I lost all my progress due to a necessary factory reset but I had a slightly older save ready to put back on. Perhaps this can be reposted in the support forum? I would at least like to know why iTunes file sharing enabling might not be possible.
FDru

Postby FDru » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:45 am

Devs plz

Haven't updated my iPad save in half a year and would love to avoid jailbreaking.
alf887

Postby alf887 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:05 pm

Would really like to be able to do this again, is there any chance the devs will be enabling the file sharing in an update?
EgeBamyasi

Postby EgeBamyasi » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:20 pm

BUMP!

Would love it if the awesome devs allowed File Sharing! Seems like a simple fix.
CygnusPrawn

Postby CygnusPrawn » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:57 am

I emailed the devs about it a while back, and they had this to say:

"For what it's worth, we're planning to enable iTunes file sharing in our next update (it was disabled by an iTunes update last year). Unfortunately, I cannot provide a solid date for when that update will be released, and for this I apologize.

We are a very small team, and currently concentrating all our efforts on other projects before picking up FTL again (thus the delay), but we do hope that when we go public with what we've been working on, that it will have been worth the wait."

That was 3 months ago. Looks like we'll just have to be patient for the time being
"Well, I don't know how many years on this earth I got left. I'm gonna get real weird with it."
jeregrine

Postby jeregrine » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:53 pm

I'm sure this is un-couth for such an old forum topic but I figured it might be better to reply here with context.

Now that Into the Breach is fully out, could there be a possibility of releasing the FTL ios app with Itunes File Sharing enabled?