Stores.

General discussion about the game.
Sinriel

Stores.

Postby Sinriel » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:02 pm

Make fuel/missiles/drone parts a regular commodity, just like all the other stuff - allow us to sell them, even for the price of 1 scrap. I hate having more than 50 missiles and drone parts combined when I don't use them at all. Even 1 scrap metal per piece would suffice, just for the sake of getting rid of them; or allow us to trade them for fuel at stores. Anything...
UltraMantis

Re: Stores.

Postby UltraMantis » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:30 pm

You can occasionaly find an encounter that allows that. Usually it asks one commodity for another but you never know what will be offered and there's no telling if you will even get this encounter. Sometimes you end up with a load of useless missiles and sometimes you can trade them away. It's down to chance.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Sinriel

Postby Sinriel » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:17 pm

I think letting us sell it for 1 scrap per piece in all the stores would be fair.
nfiea

Postby nfiea » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:46 pm

UltraMantis wrote:...It's down to chance.

maybe getting a decent deal on the trade should be down to chance and being able to sell them for basically nothing should always be an option

you can always buy missles, fuel, and drone parts; why not make it so you can always sell them too.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:46 pm

Sinriel wrote:I think letting us sell it for 1 scrap per piece in all the stores would be fair.

The game isn't fair :)

Don't count on earning scraps by selling useless supplies, but if it happens it's a nice boost. Concentrate on surviving the early sectors because the latter sectors are more rewarding so you'll have plenty of scrap. Sectors 3-5 are definetly the hardest.

But it would be a sensible addition to easy mode if it were made possible.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Sinriel

Postby Sinriel » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:11 am

But it would be a sensible addition to easy mode if it were made possible.

Plus or minus 50 scrap during the whole game wouldn't really disrupt balance in any case.
Dijad

Postby Dijad » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:52 am

I'd like to second the motion for being able to sell the base commodities, which should be done at half price, just like every other item you can sell that you don't need. For instance, my favourite cruiser is the Torus Engi Drone Cruiser, and I don't usually have much use for missles, and I end up with a big stack of about 30+ of them by the games end. Missiles go for 6 scrap a pop, sell them for 3 each and that's 90 scrap over the course of the game that could mean more fuel or drone parts, ship repairs or even a much needed hull repair drone schematic or drone recovery arm. It would work for any specific playstyle that excludes the use of one commodity. Still include the random trades that pop up VERY sporadicly, for flavor's sake, but a set store system would make sense.
wanderthe5th

Postby wanderthe5th » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:17 am

Sinriel wrote:Plus or minus 50 scrap during the whole game wouldn't really disrupt balance in any case.

Agreed. I think the only times this change would cause a significant difference would be when the player is 1-3 scrap short of something they really need/want to buy and have no way of getting it and back to the store in time.
angelocire

Postby angelocire » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:30 am

Devs have already discussed this many times during the beta. There are a myriad of reasons why they don't want to add this as an option.