Fredchuckdave

Breach Missiles are bullshit

Postby Fredchuckdave » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:23 pm

^
ice

Re: Breach Missiles are bullshit

Postby ice » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:25 pm

And why do you think they are?
I always have this great idea to post about when reading a thread, but I always seem to loose the subject while writing a reply, and end up not saying anything at all. I should sleep more. Is that a cookie?
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:05 pm

Breach *anything* is AWESOME, but Breach'd Medbay wins!
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
madattak9

Postby madattak9 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:18 pm

UltraMantis wrote:Breach *anything* is AWESOME, but Breach'd Medbay wins!

Oh no a boarding drone! Oh well Ill just go to the medbay- DAMN HE LANDED IN IT!
Bushman

Postby Bushman » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:48 pm

Meh, they only suck against AI ships.

A breech in the O2 or medbay can be pretty darned harsh to deal with.
GoldenShadowGS

Postby GoldenShadowGS » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:26 pm

They are very powerful. Throw one at the medbay and you can do boarding ops without them heal cycling.
ice

Postby ice » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:17 pm

I remember this time while fighting the boss, had two anti-ship drone mark 1, used fedration cruiser, and had 2 dual lasers and 1 ion blast II. Everything went fine until I got to stage 2, where he used three boarding drones against my human-engi-engi-zoltran-mantis-mantis crew. Naturally, I fought them with the mantis and kept them healing. But then that darned thing landed right in my medbay.

With me being busy repairing the first hull breach, I was unable to attend the medbay before it was fully destroyed and leaked. My drones, laser, and artillery beam finished off the boss at this point (I didn't even pay attention to him), and with the boarding drone turned off, I thought it would be easy to fix this.

I was wrong.

A 150 hp boarding drone in a decompressed room with only six crew and no chance to heal, I tried as much as I could without being able to fix the leak, and at the end I had all my crew with less than 20 hp. I didn't want to sacrifice any of my mastered and extremely great crew, so I went on against the boss with a crew that could die at any moment.

I did actually succeed (and pissed off the teacher with my jump of joy), after the boss managed to kill everyone but my human captain and engi weapons guy, who hid in the few rooms that still had air at that point. My oxygen was completely destroyed and there was fires here and there, and sometimes I think how I were able to recieve these congratulations since my ship has absolutely no way of surviving a few seconds after the flagship went down.

But hey, what was I talking about?
I always have this great idea to post about when reading a thread, but I always seem to loose the subject while writing a reply, and end up not saying anything at all. I should sleep more. Is that a cookie?
Patchumz

Postby Patchumz » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:56 pm

Breach Missiles are harmless with a Defense II drone :). Now, Breach Bombs... those a total bullshit :D. (And that's why I use them religiously)
El Psy Congroo.
Unlucky Scarecrow

Postby Unlucky Scarecrow » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:07 pm

Boarding drones are scary until you realize Defense Drones actually shoot them down en route as if they were missiles. That's pretty damn handy.
Starbug

Postby Starbug » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:43 pm

They do... except the enemy ship with a boarding drone will usually keep sending them until they succeed!

...and then you kill the boarding drone, and he sends another one after!

Best thing to do is to lob a missile or two at the enemy drone bay, then he won't have the power to keep the drone online.