Dirka

Re: Your "LOL, FTL" moments

Postby Dirka » Tue May 13, 2014 10:10 pm

First run with the Slug C, Sector one drops:

- Breach II
- Burst II
- Anti-Bio Beam
- Anti Drone
- The Ponyville Engi (which I messed up by hitting the wrong hotkey)

To top it off, I failed to take any damage from the ASB supported Rebel Elite after I had overstayed my welcome.

Can't wait to see in which hilarious ways this run will proceed to curbstomp me :lol:

Edit - The drops kept on coming after that:

- 2x Chain Laser
- 2x Ion I
- Ion Stunner
- Fire Bomb
- Fire Beam
- 2x Heal Bomb
- 1x Small Bomb
- 2x Def. Drone II
- Shield Overcharger
- Combat Drone
- Fire Drone
- Anti Drone

On top of that I managed to pick up an almost all-Slug crew, and in the last shop in Sector 7, I finally found the Teleport.

What a run :lol:
Jai

Postby Jai » Sat May 17, 2014 10:58 pm

Let's all take a moment to remember that classic LOL moment:

"Ah, so that's what you're after. Too bad, you followed the wrong ship. The envoy that passed through here was a fake, to trick fools like you. Now let us go!"

Very smart choice of words, rebel-ship-on-the-brink-of-destruction.
Jerjare

Postby Jerjare » Mon May 19, 2014 4:58 pm

While finishing off a slaver, I was trying to kill their crew (which lets you pick from 3 races vs 1 at random).

I was hitting them with a beam and they surrendered right as the last enemy crew was keeling over dead. :twisted: .

I decided to be merciful and accept his dying wish (plus I didn't want to risk a "all the slaves died in the fight" that sometimes happens)
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Mon May 26, 2014 4:45 am

Engi A, caught in an early ion storm. Didn't have enough power to run Combat Drone, Shields & Ion Blast Mk II, so it was all drone. Boom! "I hardly lifted a finger," unlocked on Hard. Wasn't even thinking about it.

Same run, later. Battle near a pulsar, which takes out my weapons. D'oh! While I'm waiting for them to become available, there's another pulse. And Boom! "The guns ... They've stopped." And I hardly lifted a finger to get it. :lol:
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Tue May 27, 2014 5:01 am

Making a run in the Quattropew IV (Red Tail), bought a Flak Gun Mk I early. But as I continued on, that and 3 Basic Lasers were taking longer to do the job. I needed a new weapon.

Sector 5, visiting a store, saw a Weapon Preigniter :o , thought that would help a bit whittling down shields with the first volley. There was also a Glaive Beam. :shock: Hmmm. I don't remember ever buying one (and if I have, probably no more than a Bradypus tridactylus could count on one paw). I had L5 Weapons, so I could have that and one Laser. Then I thought, "Wait, can I get both?" Wanted to hold onto the Defense Drone Mk I I had, but it was looking like it had to go. Throw in the Burst Laser Mk III and one Basic Laser, and I just had enough for the almighty GB/WPI combo - and two fuel. :twisted:

Near the end of sector 6, I maxed my weapons, so I could run the Glaive, Flak I and two Basic Lasers. I saw Cloaking early, when I couldn't afford it, and never saw it later. I ended up buying Drone Control and Hacking in sector 7, leaving me an open slot. Never found the sector 8 store, but I did get my fifth win on Hard.
Teoes

Postby Teoes » Tue May 27, 2014 10:24 am

My last attempt with the Kestrel C got off to a giggly start when a Mantis ship decided to send its boarder into my Engines room to have a scuffle in a vacuum with my Lanius. The poor invertebrate was about to cut its losses and run for its life, when the ship decided to also send a missile my way, hitting the engines and finishing off the Mantis.

LOL, FTL indeed.

Until the next encounter. This ship chose to follow precedent and fire a missile at my Engines again - killing the Lanius who hadn't been able to heal up. Alarms blaze - my Clone Bay isn't powered. Power is duly diverted and no worries, the Clone Bay gets to work on my Lanius. The next missile slams into the Clone Bay and breaks it.

Fuck you, FTL.
huffpuff1337

Postby huffpuff1337 » Fri May 30, 2014 6:47 pm

I'm playing Captain's Edition with ye olde Kestral A. I manage to get some hacking and cloak using my cheated in scrap.
A fight that usually occurs is an enemy ship with Teleporter, One Mantis and One Engi. I'm still using the default two weapons.
As soon as the fight starts, I cloak and hack their teleporter. When the Mantis TP's over, I hack.
Then I blow them up with missiles and lasers.
And the game's too dumm to throw anything else at me, so I get some easy scrap.
Mister Sammy

Postby Mister Sammy » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:15 am

I've got a GREAT one for you guys. So I'm in Sector 7, powering through on Hard mode trying to get the Stealth C (I've unlocked all the C ships on Hard so far save for Stealth C and Slug C, and I'm not going to let the Stealth B defeat my efforts.) Great run, despite losing my Zoltan to some LOLBOARDING shenanigans, I manage to pick up a Flak I and Heavy Laser I, gold pilot+engines, and drone control with a defense I. This is an Uncharted Nebula sector, and I notice an Ion Storm with a possible ship encounter in it. I'm like "....Nope." And try to go around it....only to run into a dead end.

What follows is me running from an encounter with two boarders on me, jumping from one ion storm to the next, sphincter and teeth clenched tightly, fearing the worst...

...and I get the "Rock Ship lost in an ion storm" event.

... Did I mention that gold pilot happened to be a Rock?

Boy, I felt stupid after that. Nice one, FTL.

Dirka

Postby Dirka » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:54 pm

:lol:

That is indeed amazing. Prepare Picard-level facepalm. Engage!
META_mahn

Postby META_mahn » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:06 pm

I have mastered the AI of the enemy crew down to a science, which is surprisingly easy to do.

So here we have the Mantis B with both mantids on low HP vs a Slug Light Cruiser pirate-ified.

I was like, "Oh, shit."
So I started running laps around the center block in the ship with my mantids, and the poor humans didn't even get what we were playing at.

>:D
Back from the dead. After a two year hiatus.