FTL Multiplayer

General discussion about the game.
logisniper98

Re: FTL Multiplayer

Postby logisniper98 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:10 am

I know the mod has already been created but i had an idea what about a game mode i call battle land where every space that isn't a store distress or a quest there is a battle with another player. sorry about the basic name i just came up with this in my head.
haydenhw5

Postby haydenhw5 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:54 pm

Systems:
shopping Beacon:set up a shop for other players to use
Menu Features:
Make/Join faction
Teleport to faction member
Trade resources with faction Member
Join Battle with Faction Member
Augments:
Long Range Radar
Wilhuff_Tarkin

Postby Wilhuff_Tarkin » Tue May 17, 2016 2:17 am

If this is by any off chance still active I do have one idea I really wanted to propose:
Essentially it is a campaign ranging from 2 to 8 sectors, at the end of the campaign instead of a boss each player is put in direct conflict. Pausing could be allowed if it paused both screens, perhaps have that as an option to set as active or inactive, as pausing is a pretty important part of the game. The difficulty would be pacing them each equally to meet at the end. I leave that up to your discretion.
cemf

Postby cemf » Sat May 21, 2016 6:46 pm

logisniper98 wrote:I know the mod has already been created but i had an idea what about a game mode i call battle land where every space that isn't a store distress or a quest there is a battle with another player. sorry about the basic name i just came up with this in my head.

Where is it can you send a link for me ?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat May 21, 2016 11:09 pm

There's some sort of thread about a multiplayer clone here that's gaining popularity...

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=28850

Is that what you were referring to?
Grammisbro

Postby Grammisbro » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:22 am

I got 2 Gamemodes. Gamemode: Co op: Depending on how many people you have. (Up to 4) The ships get weaker but still have the same power as there voted or selected ship when they are together. This will make people work together to make them as strong as possible. Gamemode: 1 Ship Co op. Everyone will control 1 guy on a ship and they can use voice chat or text chat to work to once again, Be the best they can be.
Brolett

Postby Brolett » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:02 pm

Hey, I just had a thought, I looked at this post earlier and was thinking about it almost all day, then it came to me. Have some sort of galaxy war. can have from 2 and above players (max maybe 10) and people choose their race and when they look at the map, its like a spider web with interlinking systems that create a sort of spider web that all the players are connected to. People will be able to make alliances within each other. When someone reaches an enemy home sector, the defenders ship will get alerted and teleported to defend their base and then the PvP would begin. Please feel free to change my idea. But I think it would be a cool addition
Thanks for reading my suggestion. :D
Panthaquest

Postby Panthaquest » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:43 am

OOOOHHHH!!! i have an idea!
I've played FTL for a while, so...
why not make it a in-ship multiplayer, where everyone decides on the ship to be flown (all ships are unlocked except for C) and then when they start, each player is a crewmember, but can change power levels (by adding a new room, the Reactor) or weapons when they move to the correct room and access the thingos your crew use.
so, in essence, say you started ast the kestrel. everyone (there would be four crew members (thus, only four players a game) and they can choose the species) would go to the room they want to command. you walk to the weapons, say, and if no-one else is in there and using the computer in the room, you can aim the weapons and whatnot. then, the guy in Piloting can chose the beacon and when to jump, but the man in a special Command room chooses the options and the crew just walk around doing their own thing. you would also have a little chat box in-game.
CreeperKiller2000

Postby CreeperKiller2000 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:47 pm

Scrap Hoarder. Basically, a couple of players (2-8) has to collect as much scrap as possible and get to the end to deposit it. After that, the amount of scrap you put in generates interest until everyone gets their scrap in(as an incentive to the other players to pick up the pace) If you die, you automatically lose.

Could use some tweaks and suggestions to the idea, but I think it would be a great gamemode.
CreeperKiller2000

Postby CreeperKiller2000 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:53 pm

I have another idea. It's called fleet retrieval. There are two teams. There are the federation survivors, and there are the rebel scouts. there would be about 4- 8 players on each team. One of the Federation ships would have the secret data, and the rebels don't know which one it is. The rebels have to find and kill the crew of the ship with the data. They can destroy the other ships, but if they blow up the federation ship with the data, the data will be lost and the rebel scouts lose. They win if they can take back the data. The Federation wins if they can get the data to the end.

Tell me what you think, and what could be improved.