Your "Fuck you, FTL" Moments

General discussion about the game.
AirMage

Re: Your "Fuck you, FTL" Moments

Postby AirMage » Sun May 17, 2015 7:07 pm

Image fuck you ftl))) 8-) My epic meter exploded)
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun May 17, 2015 7:19 pm

AirMage wrote: fuck you ftl))) 8-) My epic meter exploded)

That's nothing. Once they run out of missiles, should be easy enough to deal with, provided you got the Shields and O2 fixed quickly.
Of course that missile might not miss, but yeah at least it can be tanked if you're persistent.

What can't be tanked is that you have 2 layers of shields, piss-poor guns and the Slug bastards have that same layout and systems, except instead of a Heavy Laser II and a missile, it's 3 Burst Laser 1's.

Also: Why didn't you use the teleporter when it cloaked for the first time? I'm not seeing any medbay, so crew-killing would have been easy.
AirMage

Postby AirMage » Sun May 17, 2015 7:25 pm

stylesrj wrote:
AirMage wrote: fuck you ftl))) 8-) My epic meter exploded)

That's nothing. Once they run out of missiles, should be easy enough to deal with, provided you got the Shields and O2 fixed quickly.
Of course that missile might not miss, but yeah at least it can be tanked if you're persistent.

What can't be tanked is that you have 2 layers of shields, piss-poor guns and the Slug bastards have that same layout and systems, except instead of a Heavy Laser II and a missile, it's 3 Burst Laser 1's.

Also: Why didn't you use the teleporter when it cloaked for the first time? I'm not seeing any medbay, so crew-killing would have been easy.

yep,i know about that,just i was little slow and could not disable fire properly)
DarkPhoenix141

Postby DarkPhoenix141 » Fri May 22, 2015 10:43 am

Had one earlier today:

Forgot to turn on my oxygen, everyone died.

FTL should tell you AHEAD of time that kind of thing is happening.
This is no easy mission...

BUT YOU SON. YOU WERE BORN FOR IT.

And remember:

GODS WILL BE WATCHING
Leylite

Postby Leylite » Fri May 22, 2015 4:51 pm

DarkPhoenix141 wrote:Had one earlier today:

Forgot to turn on my oxygen, everyone died.

FTL should tell you AHEAD of time that kind of thing is happening.

Were your crew already at critical health before you turned the oxygen off? Usually there's a loud BEEP BEEP noise, along with the crew manifesto entries on the left side of the screen blinking red.

I don't think you can really blame the game for that one. Sorry.

On topic: A couple of days ago, I had a slightly damaged Zoltan crewman repairing a system, when the enemy ship launched two Small Bombs. Not only did they both hit the ship, and they both hit the room with the Zoltan in it, but the Zoltan was two tiles away from any doors, so I couldn't even move him out of the room before he died. I guess I should have been a bit more careful and started moving him out of the room before the bombs appeared...
Dirka

Postby Dirka » Sat May 23, 2015 10:32 am

DarkPhoenix141 wrote:Forgot to turn on my oxygen, everyone died.

Story of my life.

DarkPhoenix141 wrote:Usually there's a loud BEEP BEEP noise, along with the crew manifesto entries on the left side of the screen blinking red.

And the rooms turning red. So yeah, this one's all you.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sat May 23, 2015 1:42 pm

In his defense, the first few times I'd left my oxygen off in AE was a bad time. Pre-AE, there was a huge O2 LOW! warning (like the nebula, intruders, and other warnings) and an alarm sound when you got below 25% so it was REALLY obvious when your air was running out. So if you're on the other ship and turned your air off to power something else, and were relying on that alert to tell you something was wrong, then yeah, people gonna die.

I wish the current game had the alarm when going from 25 to 24 percent, but no on-screen alert (they took it out because it'd be annoying for Lanius ships to always be telling you air was running out).

That said, AE's been out a year. Glance at your ship sometimes :D
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
Dirka

Postby Dirka » Mon May 25, 2015 3:31 pm

*shakes fist* missiles!
Epsilon Carinae

Postby Epsilon Carinae » Mon May 25, 2015 9:50 pm

Power surge detected.
I am an innocent ant in an unforgiving world.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon May 25, 2015 10:33 pm

Epsilon Carinae wrote:Power surge detected.

Nah, power surges are pretty trivial matters. Oh sure, the Drone Swarm could spell your doom, but the Death Blossom is a joke.

I'm with Dirka on this one. Missiles! Grr!
Although I've never seen the enemy use Pegasus Missiles. Is it possible for them to acquire one or are they just restricted to Hull/Breach Missiles to ruin your day?