Slavers have slaves on board, 'factions', 50+ suggestions

General discussion about the game.
wolfboyft
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:13 pm

Slavers have slaves on board, 'factions', 50+ suggestions

Postby wolfboyft » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:45 am

Thank you! This is a suggestion thread!

Colours:

The 3 important literal suggestions.

Important.

Not important.

1. YOU'RE TOO MEAN TO US HUMANS
Humans should be good at manning systems, because of our well-made hands?
--Now I disagree. Yes! Humans should be common and uninteresting.--

2. LITERAL
In all the events where there are slaves or you are going to offload the rest at a nearby station, there are actual crew on board. Like when that merchant slug teleports onto your bridge.


3. LITERALLY EVERYTHING IS LITERAL (it's long, but please read)
If there are too many people (crystals count less) on board a ship, and the 'xygen is too low a level of power, you cannot support that many people and the rooms with people in them have their oxygen go down slowly. That also means that if you lose your oxygen generator, the oxygen should only go down in rooms with people in them too.
If you have just had an event where you saved people, and are to offload the others at a nearby station, and you can't support so many people breathing, all the remainders go in shuttles. If there aren't enough shuttles, then, if you can board the enemy slaver, you slaughter the baddies (with the slave's help), and the remaining slaves GET TO DRIVE IT AWAY, IT SAYS SHIP FTL CHARGING, and then JUMP IMMINENT, and then if you track their jump sigs/have the chance of jumping to the beacon they jumped to, then if you were quick, you get to meet them at the beacon. And if you decide to offload the rest at a nearby station, then you have 'station' or 'store' or whatever and you get there, and they shuttle off/you say 'we have no shuttles' and they get picked up from the station. They actually attach a shuttle to the airlock, and the people AI walk over and WOW THIS WOULD BE EPIC) Shuttles are reusable if your crew can bring them back. Also, sending anyone off in a shuttle has an animation where a small ship with slaves/crew in it flies off. If you go to planets, (an option at the beacon, please, not just improbable events like the horse-animals) you have the screen with terrain and creatures, and your shuttle etc. Wow. Please read the suggestion below as it is linked up to this face: :arrow: . Anyway, going to normal stores will have a shuttle, and all that, where your crew goes up to the counter etc and WOWZA I'D LIKE THE GAME A LOT MORE IF IT WAS LIKE THIS, and also most of the store is race-specific, in creepy but not hostile situations, like mantis, the people in the store drinking at tables all stare at you 'cowboy saloon slightly hostile' style. I mean you actually have terrain, where you got a shuttle attached to an airlock, and multiple other shuttles of other peoples, and the crew sent all walk through the 'glass tube that comes out of the shuttle to attach to the target airlock?' and then the station airlock etc. You control them like on board the ship, also, controlling crew should be tile specific, AND SO SHOULD OXYGEN, BECAUSE IN HUGE CUSTOM ROOMS, 1 PERSON ISN'T GONNA DRAIN 20 TILES VERY QUICKLY. Do you know what I am saying?


4. PEOPLE AND CREATURES ON TERRAIN AND EVEN IN CREATURE CONTAINMENT ROOMS ON BOARD THE SHIP AND SPARE SHUTTLES :arrow:
You go up to the horsie animals, and have multiple options etc to take 'em or what. When you leave, one actually comes up, nudges you away and walks, making follow gestures, you follow him to a very nicely made grid-based Engi crash site, walk through the battered airlock (that reminds me, you gotta check enemy ships to make sure that they have airlocks, room images and floors. Rooms should be allowed to be non-cube/rectangle shapes, and the floor should not require an image but be a simple outline of the rooms made by the game) and 're-activate' the Engi. I want to say this: Engis morphing could be a bit cheaty, if you know what I mean, they could turn into sharp razors etc. Also, RE-ACTIVATE? What the hell! They are ANIMALS! (Just about...) I think he should be trying to survive on this 'hostile, barren' planet, full of waterfalls and trees. Get it? :geek: Also, the ship needs broken blast doors, breaches, damaged systems etc. And a crater.


5. WHEN THE FLAGSHIP KILLS YOU AND YOU KILL IT
You do win, however its a sad victory where you are called heroes etc. :cry: All victories should be permanently saved stats, and the maximum stats should be increased/infinite.


6. CREW LIMIT BEING ABOUT OXYGEN SUPPORT LIMIT AND CLOAKING IN ASTEROID FIELDS
As I said, crystals count less, but the limit to crew should be about how much oxygen you can support, and change the oxygen % evade things to actual variables, not percentages. It makes more sense with evade, because it means you can have more evade than 99%. 100% evade is retarded. Of course, the better the pilot, the better the ACCURACY, which counter-acts evade. Except cloak evade? And cloaking in asteroid fields shouldn't protect you from asteroids, since you are not being accurately attacked by them. Making sense? No... :| .

7. WHEN YOU WIN AGAINST THE FLAGSHIP...
--I now disagree with this. Removed the madness!--

[color=#FF0000]8. EVEN THOUGH IT'LL REMOVE THE POINT OF BEING STRANDED
Shuttle/dock if you have no shuttles, down onto a planet. Is there a re-FTL-fueling station there? I hope so!
[/color]

9. ABOUT THE SUB-MOVEMENT AND FTL-MOVEMENT
I wouldn't like there to be fuel requirements on sub-movement, you know, what shuttle use and what you use when travelling not by FTL.

10. WHAT ABOUT THOSE PEOPLE IN THE HANGAR?
Aren't they the federation fleet? What the hell man!?

11. PIRATES IN CAPTURED FED/REB SHIPS
The event should say that the ship was captured and re-painted.

12. ZOLTAN SHIELDS WOULDN'T RECHARGE EVERY JUMP
No, they'd recharge in battle!

13. HOLD ROOM
Simple, a room for cargo. They have events where it says 'in the hold'.

14. DINING ROOM/KITCHEN AND CREW FOOD?
This idea is like marmite, except most will hate it. In fact, I'm not sure if I like it. Uh... ignore this.

15. FUTURE SHIPS WILL HAVE CABINS, SO WHY DON'T OURS?
Yep! Actually, not player ships, they're for battle, not civilians. Still...

16.
CREW FACTIONS, TAKEN FROM MY DELETED OLD THREAD
People should be split up into many more teams, not just hostile, neutral (please add that, for slaves and civilians etc) and crew, but pirates, rebels etc. And, you should check the sprite sheets for any naughty accidentally placed outline pixels. There are some that I know of on males, females and mantises. Probably more.

Federation: crew/offload at station
Uniform: blue - confirmed by current game

Other crew: crew
Uniform: brown

Slaves: neutral/offload at station
Uniform: green

Civilians: neutral/offload at station, currently I know not of any events like that?
Uniform: brown

Pirates: hostile
Uniform: red?

Rebels: hostile
Uniform: white - confirmed by current game


17. AND, PLEASE, PLEASE!
When you have people on board the enemy ship, and its got 1 point of hull left, if your people are attacking a system, let them teleport away JUST after they kill that bar in the system and JUST before the ship explodes, or, if its the flagship and jumps away, you shouldn't lose the crew, but control them. In their room, however if they are completely cut off from enemy crew, then there's no need. For example, they just killed the enemy crew in a boss artillery room and are now hitting the system. Also, you should be able to stop them from killing the system, if you don't want to damage the ship's hull.

18. WHEN YOU'VE GOT BOARDERS ON THE ENEMY SHIP AND THE ENEMY SHIP'S CREW DIES
You should be able to turn 'kill the systems' back on, with a NO by default tick box saying - make them damage enemy hull too? If you just want to trash the ship's systems and not get your crew killed when the ship explodes, because you didn't pay attention to the enemy ship's hull. Also, trashing the enemy systems will get you to level up. However... the rebel fleet should advance...

19. INTERACTING WITH THE SHIP ON THE ENEMY AREA
Rewritten, for some reason.
So basically, I have this thing called 'mob equality'. What it means, is that all the AIs and NPCs are all just
like players. FTL has achieved this somewhat, I get that lovely feeling when I know that there are people
inside the ship asking for an escort. Yum. Anyway, I think that, even though this doesn't really link to what I just said, there should be more interaction with that ship on the enemy area, like turning on and off 'hide rooms', (I must say: to use level 2 sensors to stare into a civilian ship is most odd, however. So you shouldn't be able to, unless you're a bad person and turn it back on. However you should be able to still use level 3 sensors' power use thing. Anyway, in an event where there is an out of fuel ship, who wants fuel, if you select yes, instead of magically transferring the fuel cells across space, actually board them, without hostility, and then enter the engine room, and see a beautiful animation of FTL fuel cells getting slotted into the tank. There would be a piece of data, like system stations, in engine rooms that shows where to put the FTL fuel. Obviously that would be put into the wierd thingy in the engine room image, you know, the thing that is not a computer? Also, when enemy ships surrender, how come they dodge everything? That should be removed. And, about surrendering, why not turn 'see enemy rooms' back on, and re-power the weapons? :twisted:


20. REASONING WITH THE REBEL SOILDER WHO WOULD HAVE PERSONALLY STUCK WITH THE FEDERATION BUT
IS A SOILDER, SIR, AND IS NO USE WITHOUT A WAR TO FIGHT!
Basically, that event, which I cannot find on any of the wikis, makes no sense. If you rebels win, (which actually that soldier wouldn't be) then there won't be a war. So same with if you go to the federation's side. That means, if that sentence makes no sense, why don't you come on board our ship and aid in the federation's success?
If there is not enough oxygen generation, he and the ship's crew (NAMES AND GENDER AND EXP ETC SAVED FROM REBEL SHIP, FOR GOD'S SAKE) stay in a shuttle. You can access the shuttle hangar and see them :D , while they up their exp in the shuttle's system rooms (I assume that would be pilot, shields, engines, oxygen, doors etc?), waiting to come into the newly oxygen generatorized ship. That's not a word, don't use it. Also, because they are now good rebels (UNLESS THE REST OF THE SHIP'S CREW WOULD NOT HAVE STUCK WITH THE FEDERATION!?) they wear
white clothes. Unless you buy them blue fed uniforms or whatever, in fact, you should have MUCH more cargo for things like uniforms, when your crew's uniforms get bloody from fights etc. Cool!


21. PREPARING YOUR SHIP INSIDE THE HANGAR
You should be able to do everything that you can do in the first jump while inside the hangar.
Opening a door inside the hangar should not have oxygen leak out.
You should also be able to move your crew out of the airlocks, down the retractable stairs, and into the hangar, to walk around, go into other ships, check them out, talk to the feds as they say good luck etc.


22. LOOK AROUND
For example, the event with the fireworks display on the galactic scale? Yay! :mrgreen:

23. ASSIGNING ROLE OF CAPTAIN TO CREW MEMBER
That would be nice, no need however, you can remember. But, better official than memory!

24. WHY DO WEAPONS NOT CHARGE WHEN THE ENEMY CLOAKS!?
It makes no sense!


25. FUEL AS A BIGGER UNIT FOR MORE ACCURATE USE ON DIFFERENT DISTANCES
The amount of fuel you use and get is bigger, by 1 fuel as 50 or 100 units? Why, however, because it makes sense to have more accurate amounts of fuel being used up, depending on how far away each beacon is.

26. WHY DO YOUR WEAPONS DE-CHARGE WHEN YOU JUMP?
Its very daft! However, if that was fixed, what would you do about the problem: clearly, enemy ships do so, events do so, so you are supposed to have your weapons de-powered when you are not fighting - BUT! Then that means that your weapons won't be fully charged when you jump, because they have been de-powered. Unless... weapon charge is kept inside the... nah, weapon charging is moving the power bars into the weapon, see? OR! ENEMY SHIPS AND EVENTS DO KEEP THEIR WEAPONS CHARGED ALL THE TIME?


[color=#FF0000]27. MISSILES PIERCING ALL SHIELDS IS OP, MAKE THEM PIERCE ONLY 5.
That makes no sense? Well, it does to me. I think that the fact that a missile could pierce shields of 1,000,000 is SUPER OP. It should just be said to pierce 5 shields, even though that is the highest shield any enemy has in the game.
[/color]

28. SELLING LOOT
Makes sense. Also, re-fueling stations, other than the fact that they should have a map of airlocks, dock (possibly), BIG FUEL TANKS, and all that, they should have a normal shop GUI, because what if you want to buy a number of fuel not given? Same with repair stations.


29. REALISTIC STOCK
Why do shops have like 5 fuel? Think, would they!?


30. SCRAP RECOVERY ARM
Why do you get extra scrap when its not debris? It makes no sense! Scrap recovery arm should not increase the amount of scrap from non-debris scrap rewards.


31. HOW DO YOU COLLECT SCRAP WITHOUT A SCRAP RECOVERY ARM?
Yeah! (I AM NOT SAYING YOU SHOULD NEED ONE, I AM ASKING FOR AN EXPLANATION)

32. DEATH BY LACK OF PRESSURE, SUCKING BOARDERS OUT INTO SPACE
I agree?

33. LEVEL 4 SENSORS
They let you sense like level 1 in nebula.

34. LEVEL 5 SENSORS
They let you sense like level 2 in nebula.

35. LEVEL 6 SENSORS
They let you sense like level 3 in nebula.

36. ADVANCED FTL NAVIGATION
It makes no sense, it should be removed. I just don't see the point. Of course... I can just not use it, and not sell it, until I gotta replace it. But oh no! The weapon pre-igniter will always be use- hang on, if I don't power my weapons when I jump... oh wait, you would have them powered in sector 8... Argh!


37. DAMAGED STASIS POD
It should not be an augment, but a cargo item. Obviously.


38. WHEN A SYSTEM IS SEMI-DAMAGED
When a system is not fully healed or fully damaged, the darker the shade of orange.

39. SURRENDERING SHIPS DON'T ALWAYS DODGE
When you accept a ship's surrender, for some reason, they always dodge any attacks you've made? You should just be all like: okay, whatever - while your barrage of lasers comes to get them, and you get a reward. However, the reward would not instantly be transferred across space, they'd have to board you and give it to you, but by then their ship would have been blown up, so no reward. :/

40. GET OFF MY SHIP
You surrendered, now take your boarders back home - if you can't just yet, make the boarders neutral. Also have an option for us to turn our crew's 'kill the surrendered boarders' back on, but if we do, and show it, the enemy stops surrendering and tries to kill us again. So do the boarders.

41. I VENTED OF OXYGEN, BUT NOW...
If one has vented the rooms of the boarders of oxygen, then one should be able to close back the doors AND click 'do not regenerate oxygen in these rooms:' to make sure that they still suffocate, but ma doors are closed.

42. AIRLOCKS ARE CURRENTLY DAFT
Why do airlocks have 2 (sometimes more!) exit doors on them? I use 1x1 squares with an inside door and an outside door, however 1x2 rooms is fine, but more than 1 exit door is mad. Truly mad. So is the fact that other ships don't even have entrance doors, let alone airlocks.


43. GENDERS FOR ALIENS
I think we should be able to select sex for aliens too, when in the hangar. And of course, game, select the genders for the other people too. But make sure the specific crew got in events are the right gender! E.g. Araidne/Debbie the rockwoman (http://ftl.wikia.com/wiki/Rock_Bride_Transport). They should have different genders from us humans, too! With possibly different traits?


44. CURRENCY?
Well, I see why scrap is the currency, it allows you to get money from blowing a ship to pieces, BUT! MAYBE... YOU'D STILL GET SCRAP, BUT BE ABLE TO SELL IT FOR CREDITS! AND THEN SCRAP WOULD BE FOR (repairs?) UPGRADES ETC!


45. ROOM IMAGES IN SYSTEMLESS ROOMS
This is important for people who are making civilian ships with crew quarters for fun, like me, because I want to see beds and things in everyone's bedrooms, chairs in the dining room etc. Also, it could be used in the vanilla fighters...


46. Outline colours!
Tiny suggestion, important though.
Make the outline colour for ally crew be green, not yellow. (Take a look, they are yellow, unless you hover/select them) Then the yellow would be for neutral crew, like in the 'interacting with the ship on the enemy area' thing, if you turned on 'see ship interior', you'd see (not wearing white, that's rebel clothing) them with yellow outlines.


47. Pause after each jump!
Why? So that you can power your weapons, and do all that, just like when the enemy power their weapons instantly.

48. RED TAIL COLOUR SCHEME
It seems to me, that the layout B colour scheme for a federation ship is brown and yellow. (Fed cruiser) So why must the red-tail be a rebel ship? Should be like the fed ship b. And then this continues....

49. LAYOUTS FOR THE ENEMY CLASSES, AND POSSIBLY WE CAN SEE THEIR NAME? (You know, something like B6-3R)
Rarer, because I want to see layout A as the main layout, but anyway, layouts for enemy classes.
The enemy area would have 'Class', 'Name', (Read above, however in a ship like the dread pirate Tuco's... read below...) 'Layout' and of course, 'Relationship'.

50. THE DREAD PIRATE TUCO
This event should be coded to never appear twice in a game, except if you let him surrender, he actually may come back, but if he does, then the event tells you and you can say stuff to him like 'WHAAT!?' Also, the man at the helm should ALWAYS be called Tuco.
He ought to have a cool ship, with a non-codey name. Like... The Tuco monster. Don't use that. Perhaps, (I can't do images, sorry) I could do the room layout and stuff in superliminal, and send it to the devs?

51. LANIUS AND GHOSTS
I hope the Lanius replace ghosts. I remember seeing in a Ginger Dragon/VoV playthrough that one enemy ship had a ghost. And then there would be an API or whatever (I know nothing about coding and modding :| ) for adding more races without replacing, when modding. Same for ships.

52. THAT EVENT - A SUGGESTION...
There's an event where a mantis scout is flying at a tiny, helpless ship ('A tiny blip on the radar screen marks its quarry... a tiny blip...) with weapons fully powered. But I see that he does not have fully powered weapons in the 'enemy area'!

53. Drones are OP - especially with their technology.
Drones don't even need to charge? What is this! Technology seems to be advanced enough to have 1 second charge weapons in this game, so why not? Basically, drones are rapid fire, which would obviously be used in ship weapons.

54. HAZARD BEACONS WITHOUT ENEMIES.
It makes a little bit more sense for there to be a chance that there would be no pirate or even another ship with their FTL charging when you jump into a beacon with a hazard.


55. ANOTHER GAME MODE... CONQUEST?
Like... you have to jump around beacons, with a fed fleet, and conquest against the rebel controlled beacons. You can command different parts of your fleet to go to different sectors and beacons etc. Possibly pirate controlled beacons, or neutral beacons etc. Totally unimportant idea.

56. POWERDRAIN BEAM
From StarMade, a beam that lets you drain power from the enemy ship, it lasts long enough to be effective, however it takes a little while to charge? It could be a system that gets ioned once used.

Thank you, please support if you agree!
Last edited by wolfboyft on Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:27 pm, edited 14 times in total.
User avatar
CrashSanders
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: Slavers have slaves on board, Human ability, A LOT of st

Postby CrashSanders » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:53 pm

Fix the bbcodes please. Also remove that public appeal and send this to our community moderator via PM.

wolfboyft wrote:1. YOU'RE TOO MEAN TO US HUMANS
Humans should be good at manning systems, because of our well-made hands?

What did I just read? What exactly do you suggest? To increase bonuses that humans get from manning systems? But this - as long as I know - does not depend on who mans the system, rather it depends on whether it's actually manned or not.

wolfboyft wrote:2. LITERAL
In all the events where there are slaves or you are going to offload the rest at a nearby station, there are actual crew on board. Like when that merchant slug teleports onto your bridge.

Again, what? I do not understand what you are trying to say.

wolfboyft wrote:That also means that if you lose your oxygen generator, the oxygen should only go down in rooms with people in them too.

Then there will be no difference between opening the locks to vent air from all but one rooms.

wolfboyft wrote:and you can't support so many people breathing, all the remainders go in shuttles.

BECAUSE TELEPORTATION IS CHEATY, YEAH? :DDDDD Dude, all the playable ships are actually too small to support shuttles. They are, in fact, could be compared to shuttles in size. =P

wolfboyft wrote:5. WHEN THE FLAGSHIP KILLS YOU AND YOU KILL IT
You do win, however its a sad victory where you are called heroes etc. All victories should be permanently saved stats, and the maximum stats should be increased/infinite.

Who cares about scores?

wolfboyft wrote:how much oxygen you can support,

Life support is not about size of an O2 tanks, it's about venting that O2 around the ship with greater efficiency.

wolfboyft wrote:7. WHEN YOU WIN AGAINST THE FLAGSHIP...
tl;dr

You really miss the idea of FTL. It's not about continuous exploring. It's about surviving the pursuit and destroying the flagship. Period.

wolfboyft wrote:10. WHAT ABOUT THOSE PEOPLE IN THE HANGAR?
Aren't they the federation fleet? What the hell man!?

They are just the friggin' background with no other purpose!

wolfboyft wrote:11. PIRATES IN CAPTURED FED/REB SHIPS
The event should say that the ship was captured and re-painted.

That makes sense, but it is not necessary. The player is able to see for himself that ships are actually repainted. There is no need for Captain Obvious.

wolfboyft wrote:12. ZOLTAN SHIELDS WOULDN'T RECHARGE EVERY JUMP
No, they'd recharge in battle!

They recharge with each jump. Consider this to be a technical feature.

wolfboyft wrote:13. HOLD ROOM
Simple, a room for cargo.

What's the point of physical cargo hold if every possible cargo is displayed in the inventory menu? More over, there's no items except for weapons and drones, which could be pretty much held in the weapons room and drone hub accordingly?

wolfboyft wrote:15. SHIPS HAVE CABINS, SO WHY DON'T OURS?
Yep!

What the frigg you are talking about? What cabins?!

wolfboyft wrote:16.CREW TEAMS, TAKEN FROM MY (HOPEFULLY DELETED) OLD THREAD
tl;dr

That's not teams, that's called factions. =\

wolfboyft wrote:17. AND, PLEASE, PLEASE!

This is surprisingly a bright idea. Auto-returning boarders is a nice touch, but it will ruin the luck and skill dependence of the game.

wolfboyft wrote:18. WHEN YOU'VE GOT BOARDERS ON THE ENEMY SHIP AND THE ENEMY SHIP'S CREW DIES

You seem not to know that killing crew is far more profitable than destruction of the entire ship? What would you prefer, to throw out some olive slices from pizza if you don't like olives or to pick all the pepperoni slices and dump the rest of the pizza?

wolfboyft wrote:24. WHY DO WEAPONS NOT CHARGE WHEN THE ENEMY CLOAKS!?
It makes no sense!

It actually does in context of balance. Enemy weapons are not charging up while you are cloaked either.

wolfboyft wrote:25. FUEL AS A BIGGER UNIT FOR MORE ACCURATE USE ON DIFFERENT DISTANCES

Fuel is needed to open a link between the beacons, not to power the engines to pass the distance. Therefore, it's appropriate to consume one fuel unit per jump. Don't overcomplicate the game.

wolfboyft wrote:26. WHY DO YOUR WEAPONS DE-CHARGE WHEN YOU JUMP?

Because you spend all the energy on the jump and they simply turn on their safety devices?

wolfboyft wrote:27. MISSILES PIERCING ALL SHIELDS IS OP, MAKE THEM PIERCE ONLY 5.

What if I told you that missiles are made exactly for he purpose of piercing them shields?

wolfboyft wrote:28. SELLING LOOT

You can sell weapons, drones and augmentations already. There is no more 'loot' to sell.

wolfboyft wrote:29. REALISTIC STOCK
Why do shops have like 5 fuel? Think, would they!?

Why is that un-realistic? 5 means five units, which is could be five fuel cells, and as I said before, those cells are used to power the jump drive on at a time.

wolfboyft wrote:30. SCRAP RECOVERY ARM

Good logic, but alas, the game have no means to differ sources of scrap rewards.

wolfboyft wrote:31. HOW DO YOU COLLECT SCRAP WITHOUT A SCRAP RECOVERY ARM?

With crewmen going outside in a space suits? Or maybe with a space rainbow unicorn and his magic? Who cares?!

wolfboyft wrote:32. DEATH BY LACK OF PRESSURE, SUCKING BOARDERS OUT INTO SPACE

Realistic physics are for Crysis.

wolfboyft wrote:36. ADVANCED FTL NAVIGATIONIt makes no sense, it should be removed. I just don't see the point. Of course... I can just not use it, and not sell it, until I gotta replace it.

It makes perfect sense as a RARE AUGMENTATION that greatly enhance your experience. I've encountered that aug just a few times out of over 100 hours.

wolfboyft wrote:37. DAMAGED STASIS POD

There is no more items of this kind, so there's no sense for a change you've suggested.

wolfboyft wrote:39. SURRENDERING SHIPS DON'T ALWAYS DODGE

Obviously, surrendering changes ship's alignment to you, and you cannot attack neutral or friendly ships. So weapons are no longer have anything to shoot at.

wolfboyft wrote:41. I VENTED OF OXYGEN, BUT NOW...

That's an interesting idea, I am no kidding.

wolfboyft wrote:42. AIRLOCKS ARE CURRENTLY DAFT

Well, I do apologize on behalf of the devs that they couldn't made layouts less grid-like, that there's a plenty of 2x2 and that there's no 1x2 gates.

wolfboyft wrote:43. GENDERS FOR ALIENS

Nope.
Image
wolfboyft
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:13 pm

Re: Slavers have slaves on board, Human ability, A LOT of st

Postby wolfboyft » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:04 pm

This is obviously not what CrashSanders actually wrote... I wrote my replies from within the quote.

CrashSanders wrote:Fix the bbcodes please. Also remove that public appeal and send this to our community moderator via PM.

wolfboyft wrote:1. YOU'RE TOO MEAN TO US HUMANS
Humans should be good at manning systems, because of our well-made hands?

What did I just read? What exactly do you suggest? To increase bonuses that humans get from manning systems? But this - as long as I know - does not depend on who mans the system, rather it depends on whether it's actually manned or not.

Well, I think that giving humans NO special traits WHATSOEVER is a little mean.

wolfboyft wrote:2. LITERAL
In all the events where there are slaves or you are going to offload the rest at a nearby station, there are actual crew on board. Like when that merchant slug teleports onto your bridge.

Again, what? I do not understand what you are trying to say.

Basically,
1. The events in which there are slaves on board the enemy ship, or you are dropping of the saved slaves after the battle, instead of pretending to be real, they ACTUALLY are there.
2. When you visit a store etc, your crew shuttles into it, and you actually walk up to the counter ect.
3. You can land on planets, for example, the event with the horse-like intelligent lifeforms.

wolfboyft wrote:That also means that if you lose your oxygen generator, the oxygen should only go down in rooms with people in them too.

Then there will be no difference between opening the locks to vent air from all but one rooms.

?

wolfboyft wrote:and you can't support so many people breathing, all the remainders go in shuttles.

BECAUSE TELEPORTATION IS CHEATY, YEAH? :DDDDD Dude, all the playable ships are actually too small to support shuttles. They are, in fact, could be compared to shuttles in size. =P

Really? Well, they could be PODS...

wolfboyft wrote:5. WHEN THE FLAGSHIP KILLS YOU AND YOU KILL IT
You do win, however its a sad victory where you are called heroes etc. All victories should be permanently saved stats, and the maximum stats should be increased/infinite.

Who cares about scores?

No, its about when you die and it dies. Its horrendous (I assume, I've never won/tied), so it should be a kind of sad victory. As I said.

wolfboyft wrote:how much oxygen you can support,

Life support is not about size of an O2 tanks, it's about venting that O2 around the ship with greater efficiency.

Um... I'm saying the crew limit is about the amount of people you can support with your current 02 recycler/generator.

wolfboyft wrote:7. WHEN YOU WIN AGAINST THE FLAGSHIP...
tl;dr

You really miss the idea of FTL. It's not about continuous exploring. It's about surviving the pursuit and destroying the flagship. Period.

I suppose... I am requesting a whole new game. But I'd like it.

wolfboyft wrote:10. WHAT ABOUT THOSE PEOPLE IN THE HANGAR?
Aren't they the federation fleet? What the hell man!?

They are just the friggin' background with no other purpose!

Why are they there then!? Surely if the federation fleet is in sector 8, what are these people?

wolfboyft wrote:11. PIRATES IN CAPTURED FED/REB SHIPS
The event should say that the ship was captured and re-painted.

That makes sense, but it is not necessary. The player is able to see for himself that ships are actually repainted. There is no need for Captain Obvious.

Still, it confused me when I was a newbie.

'The hell? What? So the federation are the baddies!?'


-Newbie me.

wolfboyft wrote:12. ZOLTAN SHIELDS WOULDN'T RECHARGE EVERY JUMP
No, they'd recharge in battle!

They recharge with each jump. Consider this to be a technical feature.

Suppose so. Still...

wolfboyft wrote:13. HOLD ROOM
Simple, a room for cargo.

What's the point of physical cargo hold if every possible cargo is displayed in the inventory menu? More over, there's no items except for weapons and drones, which could be pretty much held in the weapons room and drone hub accordingly?

Your logic is nice.

wolfboyft wrote:15. SHIPS HAVE CABINS, SO WHY DON'T OURS?
Yep!

What the frigg you are talking about? What cabins?!

In the REAL spaceships of the future! And ferries of now etc.

wolfboyft wrote:16.CREW TEAMS, TAKEN FROM MY (HOPEFULLY DELETED) OLD THREAD
tl;dr

That's not teams, that's called factions. =\

Yeah, whatevs, what do you think!?

wolfboyft wrote:17. AND, PLEASE, PLEASE!

This is surprisingly a bright idea. Auto-returning boarders is a nice touch, but it will ruin the luck and skill dependence of the game.

Ruin?

wolfboyft wrote:18. WHEN YOU'VE GOT BOARDERS ON THE ENEMY SHIP AND THE ENEMY SHIP'S CREW DIES

You seem not to know that killing crew is far more profitable than destruction of the entire ship? What would you prefer, to throw out some olive slices from pizza if you don't like olives or to pick all the pepperoni slices and dump the rest of the pizza?

I'm not sure what you're trying to say with that, but I don't like pepperoni.

wolfboyft wrote:24. WHY DO WEAPONS NOT CHARGE WHEN THE ENEMY CLOAKS!?
It makes no sense!

It actually does in context of balance. Enemy weapons are not charging up while you are cloaked either.

Still, balance or nay balance, sense it is NOT!

wolfboyft wrote:25. FUEL AS A BIGGER UNIT FOR MORE ACCURATE USE ON DIFFERENT DISTANCES

Fuel is needed to open a link between the beacons, not to power the engines to pass the distance. Therefore, it's appropriate to consume one fuel unit per jump. Don't overcomplicate the game.

I suppose... still, what did the creators intend? What you say, or what normal cars etc say?

wolfboyft wrote:26. WHY DO YOUR WEAPONS DE-CHARGE WHEN YOU JUMP?

Because you spend all the energy on the jump and they simply turn on their safety devices?

Suppose so... it would kinda give us free pre-igniters...

wolfboyft wrote:27. MISSILES PIERCING ALL SHIELDS IS OP, MAKE THEM PIERCE ONLY 5.

What if I told you that missiles are made exactly for he purpose of piercing them shields?

?

wolfboyft wrote:28. SELLING LOOT

You can sell weapons, drones and augmentations already. There is no more 'loot' to sell.

Missiles, drone parts and fuel :P

wolfboyft wrote:29. REALISTIC STOCK
Why do shops have like 5 fuel? Think, would they!?

Why is that un-realistic? 5 means five units, which is could be five fuel cells, and as I said before, those cells are used to power the jump drive on at a time.

Do petrol stations have enough fuel for ONE car to go not far at all?
They have LOTS more!

wolfboyft wrote:30. SCRAP RECOVERY ARM

Good logic, but alas, the game have no means to differ sources of scrap rewards.

Well, it should! :P

wolfboyft wrote:31. HOW DO YOU COLLECT SCRAP WITHOUT A SCRAP RECOVERY ARM?

With crewmen going outside in a space suits? Or maybe with a space rainbow unicorn and his magic? Who cares?!

Well, I agree with the first part, but you're clearly being a bit mean. :|

wolfboyft wrote:32. DEATH BY LACK OF PRESSURE, SUCKING BOARDERS OUT INTO SPACE

Realistic physics are for Crysis.

Well, in one event 'the smaller ship takes control of the enemy door system and flushes the crew out into space'

Hrm...

wolfboyft wrote:36. ADVANCED FTL NAVIGATIONIt makes no sense, it should be removed. I just don't see the point. Of course... I can just not use it, and not sell it, until I gotta replace it.

It makes perfect sense as a RARE AUGMENTATION that greatly enhance your experience. I've encountered that aug just a few times out of over 100 hours.

Well, not to me. Ah well, as I said, I can not use it, OR, literally make a mod to ban it!

wolfboyft wrote:37. DAMAGED STASIS POD

There is no more items of this kind, so there's no sense for a change you've suggested.

The augment, read the events, and reply again.

wolfboyft wrote:39. SURRENDERING SHIPS DON'T ALWAYS DODGE

Obviously, surrendering changes ship's alignment to you, and you cannot attack neutral or friendly ships. So weapons are no longer have anything to shoot at.

Wai- wha?

wolfboyft wrote:41. I VENTED OF OXYGEN, BUT NOW...

That's an interesting idea, I am no kidding.

Yes, it makes sense :)

wolfboyft wrote:42. AIRLOCKS ARE CURRENTLY DAFT

Well, I do apologize on behalf of the devs that they couldn't made layouts less grid-like, that there's a plenty of 2x2 and that there's no 1x2 gates.

? I'm saying that no real ship-maker in their right mind would make an airlock with 4 doors. Well, maybe 2 on either side, neither opening simultaneously? But thats the user's choice...

wolfboyft wrote:43. GENDERS FOR ALIENS

Nope.

Why!?


And that concludes this post. There may be 100 more suggestions eventually. :mrgreen:
UltraMantis
Posts: 2141
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:17 pm

Re: Slavers have slaves on board, Human ability, A LOT of st

Postby UltraMantis » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:47 pm

You can't request your threads to be deleted. Please use some common sense when posting and stop treating the forum as your own personal playground.
Not caring about warnings is further proof you don't give a monkeys about others or their opinions, and most importantly if you are irritating them or not. A warning was issued for a reason!

The forum only has one rule: Don't be a jerk! Run afoul of that rule and you will get a week's vacation or a permanent ban.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
User avatar
Kieve
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:21 pm
Location: Low Orbit
Contact:

Re: Slavers have slaves on board, Human ability, A LOT of st

Postby Kieve » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:14 am

UltraMantis wrote:You can't request your threads to be deleted. Please use some common sense when posting and stop treating the forum as your own personal playground.
Not caring about warnings is further proof you don't give a monkeys about others or their opinions, and most importantly if you are irritating them or not. A warning was issued for a reason!

The forum only has one rule: Don't be a jerk! Run afoul of that rule and you will get a week's vacation or a permanent ban.


To ammend this slightly: Calling out moderators (or those with mod powers) in bold, red, size-200 capslock is not the way to go about it. There's actually nothing genuinely wrong about requesting a thread deleted, and I think in this case it's probably for everyone's benefit. What UltraMantis says about common sense however is spot-on.

"Don't be a jerk" is a pretty broad rule and somewhat open to interpretation. It's worked well enough for us so far because everyone has a pretty basic understanding of forum etiquette and common courtesy. But you, wolfboyft...
I locked the last topic that called you out for past bad behavior (on other forums), because that's not the kind of thing we want to encourage around here. It's clear to me however, that you lack this basic knowledge of how to comport yourself properly on a forum. Ergo, you are being given a week's "vacation" and some time to let these guidelines sink in:
  1. Be respectful. Not everyone will agree on everything all the time - this is the internet, the opposite is pretty much a given - but it should never devolve into something personal. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, as long as they're stated in a thoughtful and reasonable manner. Fail to do this, and you can expect to be called out on it.
  2. Don't spam. There's really only one cardinal sin on these boards, and that's being a spammer. Spammers get the short end of the Bancannon's barrel, and these days that barrel will erase you from existence. If you don't wish to be vaporized off the face of the forums, take a moment to stop, think, and search. There's no harm in dredging up old topics if you have something valid to add to the discussion (or spark a new one), and if you don't, there's probably no reason in posting it to begin with.
    *It is an acknowledged fact that the "Search" function can be dodgy at times, but at least make the effort.
  3. Use BBCode responsibly. There's only one thing more annoying than forum spam, and that's having to put up with a "legit" post that's been messily and randomly formatted. It's annoying - don't do it. If you can't get your point across clearly with the occasional use of italics, underline, or bold, using extra tags is only throwing gasoline on the fire.

Hopefully this will help you figure out how to join us as a "contributing" member of the community.
User avatar
CrashSanders
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: Slavers have slaves on board, Human ability, A LOT of st

Postby CrashSanders » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:04 am

wolfboyft wrote:Well, I think that giving humans NO special traits WHATSOEVER is a little mean.

I was not okay with this at first too, and my idea was to make them learn faster. But they are remain to be the cheapest crewmembers around the game.

wolfboyft wrote:Basically,
1. The events in which there are slaves on board the enemy ship, or you are dropping of the saved slaves after the battle, instead of pretending to be real, they ACTUALLY are there.
3. You can land on planets, for example, the event with the horse-like intelligent lifeforms.

1. That's too complicated to implement IMHO.
3. Why? The core gameplay is around your ship and your crew. I want to visit space stations, for example, but this game is not about adventures outside the ship. Except for the boarding parties.
You really miss the idea of FTL's mix of text adventure, in which you can do almost anything, and crew-managing cosmosim.

wolfboyft wrote:?

Your suggestion will make no difference from opening ALL the locks and venting everything except the one room that you keep crew in (preferably medbay).

wolfboyft wrote:Really?

Yeah! Where's your logic, where's the common sense? Oh wait, you don't have any.

wolfboyft wrote:No, its about when you die and it dies. Its horrendous (I assume, I've never won/tied), so it should be a kind of sad victory. As I said.

Well, your loss. QQ.

wolfboyft wrote:Um... I'm saying the crew limit is about the amount of people you can support with your current 02 recycler/generator.

Dude, are you aware that realistically you can keep as much people in the ship as big your O2 tank is?

wolfboyft wrote:I suppose... I am requesting a whole new game. But I'd like it.

Then I am sorry to disappoint you, but guys at Subset Games do not intend to do a whole new game. Especially just because of some kid's fantasies.

wolfboyft wrote:Why are they there then!? Surely if the federation fleet is in sector 8, what are these people?

They have no impact on actual gameplay. Hangar is just a way to choose you ship, you start in the fokking space! That's all! They are JUST. BACKGROUND.

wolfboyft wrote:Still, it confused me when I was a newbie.

Your problems.

wolfboyft wrote:'The hell? What? So the federation are the baddies!?'

They_are_not. Period.

wolfboyft wrote:Still...

Still you want this to be that way and you don't give a damn about other people's opinions and their logic, right?

wolfboyft wrote:Your logic is nice.

It's superior to yours obviously.

wolfboyft wrote:In the REAL spaceships of the future! And ferries of now etc.

This is not a simulator of life on the ship. They don't need to sleep, they don't need to eat or drink.

wolfboyft wrote:Yeah, whatevs, what do you think!?

It is not necessary.

wolfboyft wrote:Ruin?
'
Well, yeah, because it's your duty to not blow ship with boarders on it up. You should pay attention. That's what the micromanagement is all about.

wolfboyft wrote:I'm not sure what you're trying to say with that, but I don't like pepperoni.

It am trying to say that a whole ship to strip off the valuable parts is much, much better than some scattered chunks of scrap metal and blown-up devices.

wolfboyft wrote:Still, balance or nay balance, sense it is NOT!

Yeah, because you, again, don't give a damn about other people's arguments.

wolfboyft wrote:I suppose... still, what did the creators intend? What you say, or what normal cars etc say?

Logic suggests that what I say is... logical.

wolfboyft wrote:Suppose so... it would kinda give us free pre-igniters...

Pre-igniter is the same case as Advnced FTL Navigator. It's rare and highly useful. You should be really lucky to get it at all.

wolfboyft wrote:?

Missiles' role in this game to pass over the shields to do direct damage. I think in Star Trek shields are also vulnerable to missiles and other solid projectiles.

wolfboyft wrote:Missiles, drone parts and fuel

You can sell them at random events, there's no need to sell them otherwise.

wolfboyft wrote:Do petrol stations have enough fuel for ONE car to go not far at all?
They have LOTS more!

There's a war, dude. Supplies are cut.

wolfboyft wrote:Well, it should!

And you probably know exactly how to do this?

wolfboyft wrote:Why!?

Well, I think mostly because not every race in the game should be divided by genders. For example, since Zoltan are pure energy, they are clearly genderless.
Image
User avatar
Kieve
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:21 pm
Location: Low Orbit
Contact:

Re: Slavers have slaves on board, Human ability, A LOT of st

Postby Kieve » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:40 pm

Crash (and anyone else who replies to this thread), what I said above goes for you as well. You don't have to like the ideas, but you do need to refrain from personal insult. If you're unable to do so, it's best to simply ignore this thread.
User avatar
CrashSanders
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: Slavers have slaves on board, Human ability, A LOT of st

Postby CrashSanders » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:12 pm

Kieve, well, I am clearly trying to give kid a chance. My attitude is not flawless by any means, but that does not mean that I am angry enough to go for a direct or non-direct insult. Also, sometimes I would prefer to be painfully straight.
Image
UltraMantis
Posts: 2141
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:17 pm

Re: Slavers have slaves on board, Human ability, A LOT of st

Postby UltraMantis » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:08 pm

I think Kieve was trying to say that ignoring threads that are trolly or obnoxious is the best choice. If you don't have a problem with this thread and want to engage, then feel free. It's just that wolfboy has not responded well to criticism or warnings, and has a bit of a history from another forum, so there's a chance of things spiraling out of hand.

Blocking discussion on a forum sucks, but so does having a flame-topic. That's all we're trying to avoid.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
User avatar
CrashSanders
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: Slavers have slaves on board, Human ability, A LOT of st

Postby CrashSanders » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:31 am

UltraMantis wrote: If you don't have a problem with this thread and want to engage, then feel free.

Yes, I am feel free to engage, and I do so. I am here not to praise or insult Wolfboy, just try to give him a bit of attention and feedback. I know that it could go ou of control and I will give up the moment Wolfboy will show me he does not give a damn about me.
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests