What might you want to see in the new update?

General discussion about the game.
A Flaming Pineapple

Re: What might you want to see in the new update?

Postby A Flaming Pineapple » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:09 am

When you get to a shop, you can ask to see weapons, augments, or crew. Not all shops would have all three of the option, and the repair thing on the side along with the supply purchasing would stay where they are. I hate it when you have max crew or no good weapons and the shop never has anything you need.
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:24 am

The end of the Engi conspiracy.
A Flaming Pineapple

Postby A Flaming Pineapple » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:20 am

agigabyte wrote:The end of the Engi conspiracy.

And the beginning of the Lanius Conspiracy!
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:31 am

A Flaming Pineapple wrote:
agigabyte wrote:The end of the Engi conspiracy.

And the beginning of the Lanius Conspiracy!

Great. You will now become Lanius.
forsaken67

Postby forsaken67 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:21 am

1) I would love to see a zoom feature implemented so that ships can be made larger for those daring modders!

2) A way to add in ships without removing other ships.

3) Increased crew capacity, ships hp, and weapon slots for both sides to increase the action!

4) Possibly a ship editing tool from the dev's with more functions like the ability to put interior skins in any room so you can add aesthetics to hallways and so on, also the ability to block certain locations in rooms (for example, I'm working on a ship mod and I've made a fancy pilots room with a big view screen and more seats and monitors near the front but its kinda odd when you have crew phasing through them).

5) Multiplayer could be a neat thing like having a ranking system where you start off with some scrap and a random selection of weapons, drones, augments, and so on that can be purchased. Then you battle it out and if you win you get some more scrap and access to a store with more random items and then onto the next random player until you get to the final player to duke it out and see who is the better captain.

6) along with the multiplayer maybe a co-op type game where you play side by side with a friend and fight your way through the campaign with increased enemy ships and higher difficulty.

Just a few thoughts on some things that would be neat to have added in.
A Flaming Pineapple

Postby A Flaming Pineapple » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:37 am

Perhaps Global Leaderboards? But that might be a problem with infinite space...
forsaken67

Postby forsaken67 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:05 am

A Flaming Pineapple wrote:Perhaps Global Leaderboards? But that might be a problem with infinite space...

No it would work, it would just display how many sectors in you were before you died.
karadoc

Postby karadoc » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:55 pm

The kinds of things that have already been announced sound good to me. ie. new ships, weapons, systems, and so on.

That all sounds good, but the big thing that I hope gets a lot of attention is balance. Because from my point of view, there isn't much point having a heap of different weapons and other doodads if everyone just uses lasers and teleporters anyway.

(Teleporters are definitely too effective in the current version - mostly because of the additional resources one gets for winning a battle without destroying the enemy ship. I hope there's are some balance changes or new counter-plays to deal with teleporters in the update.)
forsaken67

Postby forsaken67 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:16 pm

karadoc wrote:The kinds of things that have already been announced sound good to me. ie. new ships, weapons, systems, and so on.

That all sounds good, but the big thing that I hope gets a lot of attention is balance. Because from my point of view, there isn't much point having a heap of different weapons and other doodads if everyone just uses lasers and teleporters anyway.

(Teleporters are definitely too effective in the current version - mostly because of the additional resources one gets for winning a battle without destroying the enemy ship. I hope there's are some balance changes or new counter-plays to deal with teleporters in the update.)

Maybe something like teleporters can not go through shields, or can only pass through a certain level of shields?
BirdofPrey

Postby BirdofPrey » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:43 am

I've always wanted to be able to man the drone system to control internal drones like crew and external drones like weapons (ie. be able to aim them).

I also would love to be able to man something to increase my accuracy. I had thought sensors would be good for that but that's manable for something else in the update.

Maybe also be able to man the med bay for a healing bonus.