Spaceship names!

General discussion about the game.
Titan

Spaceship names!

Postby Titan » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:18 pm

What do you like to name your ship/crew (if you name them). I usually forget to name my ship, but I name one of my peoples Titan (me), Puppy (my sister) and Ethan (my best friend). What about you?
CrashSanders

Re: Spaceship names!

Postby CrashSanders » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:33 pm

My The Kestrel's crewmen are Kirk, Spock and Scotty.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:09 am

Ships: tend to be default, how ever if I do change I change it to some other name in the same series, (eg: Fed = Preditor birds, Slug = jellyfish, Mantis = reptiles, crystal = crystals/ gems, engi = things with holes. etc)
eg I'll can a fed ship Eagle or Harrier, I may call a Jellyfish Medusa or lion manes, a mantis ship Cockatrice. etc.

Crew: VoV, Raven, some others I forgot... how ever sometimes I got my crew called...

Charlie 1
Charlie II
Charlie C
Charlie 4th.

because I get that name way to often xD
Last edited by R4V3-0N on Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
wolfboyft

Postby wolfboyft » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:20 pm

I always name my ships their default names.

Human crew:

M for male and F for female duh

Jack M, Emily F, George M, Arthur M

Engi crew (I use the given names for these, but I haven't been given more than 2 engis, so)

Lana, Elnubnub, ,

no aliens else used.
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:41 pm

I change the name of the ship, though I may reuse names and add Roman numerals after (II, III, IV, etc) or a regular number, if there's no room, like Down the Drain 4 for Engi B. Engi A has been Donut, or Torus Necis (Ring of Death), or Ringer, or Dronezilla, when I was going for that drone achievement. Stealth ships are usually Ninja, or Black Hole, or Dark Matter, or Black Widow, or Lady Godiva, if going shieldless. Kestrel is most often Heart of Gold. Red Tail is Shrike, Hawk, or perhaps Quattropew. Crystal A is Sapphire or Blue Ice, or a series of Rock Crusher, when I was going for Clash of the Titans. Crystal B is Red Wing, or Redrum, or Rubiyacht. Fed A is Eagle, or might stay Osprey. Rock A is Morris or Thing. Rock B is Obsidian, or when going for fire, Pyromaniac, or Burn Baby Burn. Mantis ships are Ravenous, or Mandible, or Predator, or Slicendice. Slug A is Slimeball, B is Stormslider, or Wisp. Zoltan ships are Zoltana, Mesko, Energized, or Great Zot.

Pilot is often Pete, or Pike, or other name or nickname starting with P, unless it's Dodger. Engineer is mostly Scotty, sometimes Kaylee. Shield officer starts with "Sh." Weapons officer is often Gunny, or Gunz, or Wepz, or Vasquez, or Ripley, or other name that seems shooterish. Mantises usually get female names, Nikita, Alex (Alexandra), Buffy, Faith, Diana, Lana, etc. Engi might be Fixit, or Gudwrnch (Mr. Goodwrench is too long). Engi B pilot is Solo or Solus.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:03 am

I haven't played that much anymore, but one thing I always do is rename the crew of the Retribution to Eliza, Quartz, and Novik. Other than that, I'm generally okay with the default names of crew and ships.
HeadHunter

Postby HeadHunter » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:36 am

Until I read this thread, I never noticed that we can rename crew members in the hangar.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:32 am

If you change the name of the ship to nothing ( ) (<= nothing, space) it will then turn into
"The Nameless One"

Red-Tail and DA-SR 12 are the only ships with a - in it's name, you can not enter a - in the ship name.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
DanKnight

Postby DanKnight » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:49 pm

I name my ships after seasons. Legacy of Winter, Autumn of Hope, Winter's Cruelty, Winter's Vengeance...that sort of thing.
Fangz

Postby Fangz » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:20 am

I name my ship "HMS PrayAsYouGo" every time I play either with the Stealth B or the Engi B.