Could you and will it...

General discussion about the game.
Phrenic

Could you and will it...

Postby Phrenic » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:29 pm

First off.... amazing amazing game. Exactly what I needed to get my gaming blood flowing. I've spend about 8 hours on the game and the fact that i haven't unlocked much yet is great.. so much to look forward to.

but i have 3 points i'd like to suggest/ask/request.

1. Could you add a clock inside the game. Yesterday I played the game till 4:30 just because the game sucks you into this world, blocking off any reality. A clock would help me be aware a bit more about this thing called 'the real world'

2. Are the any plans for expanding this game with updates of maybe DLC? Not that i'm complaining about it's content, just wondering.

3. Is there a way that the game remembers the last names you've given your ship and crewmembers?

Regards,
Phren
Rilder

Re: Could you and will it...

Postby Rilder » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:38 pm

Phrenic wrote:2. Are the any plans for expanding this game with updates of maybe DLC? Not that i'm complaining about it's content, just wondering.

I'm really hoping they keep adding stuff for quite awhile after release, I mean the game is damn fun as it is but new content like modes and ships could drastically increase the time in which I stick with the game. So much interesting stuff could go well with this game that I can't even list it all.
Pentekont

Postby Pentekont » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:00 pm

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1797

2nd post from the top.
curithwin

Postby curithwin » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:21 pm

I would love to see some DLC even if i had to pay for it. But I think we should give Matthew and Justine a little rest at the moment and then we'll pull the whip out again. ;)

I do always think a cloak ingame is a good idea. I always wanted games to allow you to put an alarm on so you can set the amount of time allowed to play (e.g. 1 hour) or to go off at a set time that auto-pauses the game. You can then play for a further five minutes to get to a suitible stopping point before the game saves and goes to menu.
Justin
Site Admin

Postby Justin » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:26 pm

Hey.

1. There was a reason we didn't add a clock from ages ago. I honestly can't remember why at this point. I guess I'll reconsider it. lol..

2. We will keep working on FTL. Maybe not Minecraft frequency, but there's still stuff we want to add to the game. It'll be free unless it's some huge update at which point we'll consider paid dlc.

3. Won't be in the game for a bit, but here's a tip:

[b]If you plan to use the same crew on the same ship multiple times:[/b
- On your last run when you're about to quit - when you die/win hit restart instead of quit.
- Then hit save & quit
- Now when you come back you have a fresh game with all of the same crew names.

Kinda janky but someone came up with that solution for the meantime.
If you're having hull problems, I feel bad for you son. I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
Millennium

Postby Millennium » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:37 pm

Justin wrote:Hey.

1. There was a reason we didn't add a clock from ages ago. I honestly can't remember why at this point. I guess I'll reconsider it. lol..

2. We will keep working on FTL. Maybe not Minecraft frequency, but there's still stuff we want to add to the game. It'll be free unless it's some huge update at which point we'll consider paid dlc.

- On your last run when you're about to quit - when you die/win hit restart instead of quit.
- Then hit save & quit

Hello Justin, sorry for the thread hijacking but I didn't want to open another thread just for my own question.

Do you have any plans for modding in future? I mean, will it be possible for people to design their own ships, systems, races, events etc? That would add a huge amount of replay-ability value to this game's already strong point. Moreover, it would mean that even without official updates, the community can have a constant flow of new content.

Thanks in advance.
Phrenic

Postby Phrenic » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:37 am

Justin wrote:Hey.

- Then hit save & quit

Great tips, thank.. for now, i've placed a big digital clock next to my pc.. still 2:30 here.. but i feel like i won 2 hours :D