Can we get an open galaxy expansion?

General discussion about the game.
Xavori

Can we get an open galaxy expansion?

Postby Xavori » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:46 pm

I am really enjoying the game. But, just as I really start liking my ship...boom...game ends.

So can we get an expansion or update that lets us have a bigger galaxy to run around in? One where we aren't going to run into rebels and where the planets we visit will eventually update/reset? I mean, it's already roguelike. Go all in.

Oh, and if we could get more ships, more races, more guns, etc., that'd be swell.

Also, maybe a pony?
CrashSanders

Re: Can we get an open galaxy expansion?

Postby CrashSanders » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:04 pm

First of all, welcome to the forums.

As far as I know, developers would not do any new features to the game, like, at all. I can give you URLs to several mods that include features you mentioned.

Xavori wrote:So can we get an expansion or update that lets us have a bigger galaxy to run around in? One where we aren't going to run into rebels and where the planets we visit will eventually update/reset?

FTL Infinite Space. Currently work in progress though.

Xavori wrote:Oh, and if we could get more ships, more races, more guns, etc., that'd be swell.

Captain's Edition can provide a wide variety of new weapons and enemies to fight against. If you want to experience new ships, there's a whole lot of ship mods. However, the number of ships is hardcoded and therefore cannot be changed so modders just replace existing ships with their own.

Xavori wrote:Also, maybe a pony?

Sergeant, where's my Melta?
Xavori

Postby Xavori » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:59 pm

Thanks for the welcome.

What means this no expansions from devs? Do devs not want more of my money? What if I offered to buy them a pizza? With anchovies? Without anchovies?

What if I offered to send Alessandra Ambrosio wearing nothing but some whip cream and a smile to a private party with open bar? I mean, sure, no way can I actually pull that off, but if I could, would that change things?

*pouts*
NewAgeOfPower

Postby NewAgeOfPower » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:33 pm

If you could guarantee delivery of a supermodel, they might get down to work. Since you can't, ;p good luck.
Requiem. The first in the Ascension trilogy. Current version: 0.6 BETA.

Get your Ascension Faction siggys here!
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:02 pm

There's a MLP mod that's unfinished and also a Pinkie Pie ship. You might have to google a bit to find them. Pinkie Pie is OP as hell though. :D
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
CrashSanders

Postby CrashSanders » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:15 pm

As much as I enjoyed MLP back when I was watching it, I can't stand any form of bronies and answer on their appearance as a true Inquisition agent.
aaaaaa50

Postby aaaaaa50 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:03 am

CrashSanders wrote:As much as I enjoyed MLP back when I was watching it, I can't stand any form of bronies and answer on their appearance as a true Inquisition agent.

Every single fandom has a subsegment that's creepy or just crazy. There are Star Trek fans that are very focused on romantic elements that don't exist in the show, there are Harry Potter fans that are creepy as hell, there are sports fans that are ridiculously obsessive, and yes there are some MLP fans that are annoying as hell. These fans are always the small minority in any fandom, though, and most fans just don't let the crazies ruin their fun for them.

Anyways, what really matters is just enjoying the show; there's no obligation to be participate in any fandom. Season 4 is coming out October 23rd, and if you liked watching the show there's no reason not to just enjoy watching it and ignore bronies entirely. Oh, and there's this. Mind the annoying audience.
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!