How inter-ship teleporting could work with current UI

General discussion about the game.
aaaaaa50

How inter-ship teleporting could work with current UI

Postby aaaaaa50 » Fri May 31, 2013 3:34 pm

I'm not sure if this is where I'm supposed to put this, so I apologize if this doesn't really belong in the general discussion thread.

I was reading old stuff from before the game was publicly released and apparently the devs wanted to allow teleporting around inside your ship, but couldn't find an idea that wouldn't involve changing the UI. So here's my (too late) idea: Change the function of the two little buttons on the teleporter to 'Send' and 'Receive'. 'Send' would teleport whoever is in the teleport room to the target destination, and 'Receive' would teleport your crewmembers in the target room to the teleport pads. We wouldn't be able to teleport directly from, say, the engine room to the medbay, but it would still be occasionally fun and useful.

I'm not sure if being able to teleport enemies to your ship should be allowed though. It probably wouldn't be as powerful as sending your crew to the enemy ship? *shrug*
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
966socho

Re: How inter-ship teleporting could work with current UI

Postby 966socho » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:25 pm

Extracting crew away from a ship sounds really broken. Just zap away the pilot right before your volley for nearly guaranteed shots.
Omegatron

Re: How inter-ship teleporting could work with current UI

Postby Omegatron » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:51 pm

The person means teleporting your own crew, not the enemy. I've thought about this before and had the same idea with the buttons (also the title should be intra rather than inter).