A couple of Ideas I had while playing...

General discussion about the game.
Aric_D

A couple of Ideas I had while playing...

Postby Aric_D » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:40 am

I was playing last night and I found myself with 2 hull left, I had finally managed to kill the crew of the enemy ship, and I thought to myself: "It would be cool to take that ship over and use it rest of the game" I'm sure that could be easily implemented in game from a programming standpoint, I thought it would be cool if after you dispose of enemy crew an option comes up asking you if you want to transfer over to ship or strip it of parts and move one...if you choose to take the enemies ship, your missiles, drone parts fuel all transfer over, but your augments and weapons do not. Certain ships may have certain inherent abilities, Example: if you capture a rebel fighter, it causes rebel fleet to move slower, due to the fact that now you show up as a rebel ship on their scanners, so they are having to be extra thorough in searching for you. You could also say that the Rebel fighter can only field 3 weapons, and cannot use cloak or drones even if equipped on ship. you know...whatever... I think this would add an interesting mechanic to the game...You've got an almost dead ship you spent alot of scrap upgrading, it's about to fall apart...do you take that weak slug interceptor with 3/4 hull? or do you chance it and find a store?

Another Augment could be environment suits, with this augment you have a blue bar over every crewmans green bar, this blue bar is your oxygen bar, if you vent the ship or your o2 goes out, the blue bar goes down, if the blue bar goes down to nothing, then the green bar starts. as a bonus fire damage to crew is reduced by 50%, damage from hostile boarders reduced by 15%. I just kept thinking it was silly that they didn't have spacesuits on board. Thats all I got. would be interested to see what others think.
ceycoon

Re: A couple of Ideas I had while playing...

Postby ceycoon » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:38 pm

Wonderful ideas :D It would ne very very cool if this get into the game
Aric_D

Postby Aric_D » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:13 am

Maybe this should be in the "Mods" forum?
ExtraCheesyPie

Postby ExtraCheesyPie » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:38 pm

Not really, this has been suggested a few billion times already.
I hate FTL...

But I love it at the same time...