Prototype Lua mod loader

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding.
Epic the Gamer

Re: Prototype Lua mod loader

Postby Epic the Gamer » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:38 am

Help, I downloaded this and now the game won't open. Please help.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:40 pm

The mod loader linked in this topic is old, and not supported anymore.
To get the mod loader that the community is using currently, see this topic. Reinstall the game before installing it, though, and make sure you have the most recent version of the game (1.1.22)
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Epic the Gamer

Postby Epic the Gamer » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:04 pm

i downloaded the linked version of the loader after reinstalling my game and it still won't open :/
AnnWanges

Postby AnnWanges » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:55 am

Hi
I downloaded the linked data and after reinstalling the game doesn't open . What's wrong?
My guide on how to start your own vlog
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:19 pm

That's odd. Does the game launch briefly, and then stop, or does it not launch at all?
If it's the former, look for error.txt in the game's directory; it should contain some debug output which will allow me to identify what's going on.
If it's the latter, make sure you're actually replacing all of the files, including the dlls. If it's still not working, try uninstalling the game completely (make sure everything's gone, including mod loader files), then installing it again, and then installing the mod loader.
Epic the Gamer

Postby Epic the Gamer » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:18 am

hoy heck thanks, I extracted the files and it caught my eye that the option to replace files was off, now to start making mods it seems.
Dovahkick

Postby Dovahkick » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:24 am

I put the "Mods" file like this.
But then, I get this error when I launch the game.
If I put the "Mods" file in "Resources", the modloader works fine, but any mod that is added in the "Mods" file won't work (the game launch properly, but without loading the installed mods).
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:30 pm

If you've downloaded the mod loader linked in the first post in this thread, then it has long since been discontinued. Here's the one that's currently in use by the community: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=33119
Dovahkick

Postby Dovahkick » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:37 pm

I'm using the 2.3.5 version of Modloader, so the one you linked is the one I currently used.
So I don't know what to expect, else I'd have to erase the whole ItB file and redownload it from Steam.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:31 am

I see, I wasn't completely sure, that's why I asked. Also, in your screencap, the ui and squads folders are located in ITB/mods, but should be in ITB/resources/mods, though I don't think this should cause problems with loading of mods.
Anyhow, copy the contents of error.txt located in the base game directory, and post it here between [code][/code] tags. This'll help me figure out what's going on.