[Squad] Collateral

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional.
Schippi

[Squad] Collateral

Postby Schippi » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:43 pm

Collateral Download: here

requires the Modloader: thread

The Squad pretty much revolves around smart positioning, because the Mortar Mech has restricted targeting.

v1.6: included Lemonymous' fix for the newer modloader version ( thanks!)
v1.3:
  • Double upgrades on Enhancing Mech fixed
  • Mortar Mech has better Tipimages
v1.2: fixed an upgrade issue
v1.1: fixed bug that dmg of enhancing mech wouldnt reset in the next mission after testing it
v1.0: release
Last edited by Schippi on Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:18 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Captain Trek

Re: [Squad] Collateral

Postby Captain Trek » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:38 am

There's a rather odd bug with this squad where if you take the Enhancing Mech into the test room, you can increase its damage as much as you want and it won't reset when you go into the next mission (whereas completing a mission does reset it).
Schippi

Postby Schippi » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:11 pm

thanks for pointing that out! i've uploaded a fixed version
Captain Trek

Postby Captain Trek » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:06 am

Another issue - the +1 damage upgrade on the Charging Shot doesn't do anything.
Schippi

Postby Schippi » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:49 pm

i'm sorry >< should be fixed now
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:37 am

Ok so I did a run with this squad and I have to say, the only Mech I found worthy of putting every single core in at the start was the Enhancing Mech. Everyone else could wait their turn for weapons upgrades.

I think the Mortar Mech could use a 2-core upgrade for Buildings Immune though because so many strategies were ruined by those buildings and a lot of artillery weapons eventually pick up a Buildings Immune power of some sort. Abe is definately a must for that Mech to be effective as well.
The Nanobot Mech is also useful but it's more like a Pulse Mech without two directions and it can shield buildings in front of it.
Now you could say that I could shield buildings, then drop the Mortar on the area but the Nanobot Mech is being used elsewhere to push things away. So maybe instead of a range increase or a close-range damage boost, Buildings Immune might be a better power.

The Enhancing Mech is insane though; however the Precharger doesn't seem to do anything on the first shot if you have +1 damage. I was expecting at least +2 damage right out of the gate; because it charges up a shot for +1 damage. So for two turns, you'd think it'd do 2 damage, then 3, then 4. So that probably needs looking into.
Charcola

Postby Charcola » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:21 am

Hey, I keep getting the error "mods/Collateral/scripts/init.lua:55: attempt to index global 'Schippi_Powering_Shot' (a nil value)" and I was wondering if that had an easy fix, as I was looking forward to using this squad.
Schippi

Postby Schippi » Thu May 02, 2019 5:36 pm

i just did a fresh install and it loads fine for me, try deleting all other mods and make sure you have the most recent modloader installed
Lemonymous

Postby Lemonymous » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:05 pm

Edit: this has been fixed in version 1.6

If this mod is in the mods folder, but not enabled; it will crash the game when starting a mission.

Here is a fixed init.lua for version 1.4.
To apply it, simply replace 'Collateral/scripts/init.lua' with this one.