Black screen at start - Steam version

Discuss problems and suggestions related to the Into the Breach here.
Mzavr

Black screen at start - Steam version

Postby Mzavr » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:35 pm

Hello.

So i've been having this issue for a while. After some point when trying to start game i only get an Into the Breach window filled with black void. The task manager says that application is not responding, trying to click on it results in a standard "the application does not respond" bullshit. Last time it happened i got so upset i reinstalled my Windows, it helped, game ran normally after reinstallation. And today it happened again. I tried the usual stuff, cleaning the registry, verifying game files, going into beta version of the game, even completely deleted my display drivers - nothing worked.

Also small piece of info i can add: way back when it happened first time it happened to pirated version of the game (yea, i know) so trying to fix that i bought the game of steam, which didn't help. My guess is that is has something to do with corrupted entry in registry or some other files or traces in system that game leaves even when it's deleted.

Really hoping you could help me out on this one as i didn't find much info in the internet and couldn't solve it myself. Love the game, love the FTL too, if i don't find a normal solution i'm finna reinstalling windows again just to play Into the Breach.

(sorry for the bad englando)
Mzavr

Re: Black screen at start - Steam version

Postby Mzavr » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:04 am

Quick update.

Today i found the solution myself. Turned out deleting settings.lua in saves directory helps boot game properly. Your setting will be reset obviously, but at least game works. Moderators can close the topic, but if anyone will face similar problem to mine here's how to solve it!