(Prototype) Renfield Bombs can rescue Time Pods

Discuss problems and suggestions related to the Into the Breach here.
Chrisy15

(Prototype) Renfield Bombs can rescue Time Pods

Postby Chrisy15 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:06 pm

As the title says, really :p

Pushing a Prototype Bomb onto a tile with a Time Pod collected said Pod, triggering a line from an AI Pilot (presumably because the bomb has no pilot, and the AI camera is the fallback) about picking it up. I was expecting the bomb to destroy the Pod, but I guess that since the Bomb isn't a Vek that consequence isn't triggered.

Screenshot, just in case I'm not being clear enough:
Civ V and VI modder enticed by the idea of giant mech suits suplexing giant insects into each other's paths.

Where the Korean Flower roams, it seems Lua follows...
...no sign of a database yet though...
stylesrj

Re: (Prototype) Renfield Bombs can rescue Time Pods

Postby stylesrj » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:16 pm

Makes sense?
Not like the bombs are going off during the mission unless you let them get hit.
Chrisy15

Postby Chrisy15 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:10 pm

stylesrj wrote:Makes sense?
Not like the bombs are going off during the mission unless you let them get hit.

Makes sense that they don't destroy the pods, perhaps; but I'm not sure that it makes sense that the bomb suddenly grows arms, and sentience, to pick up a lost time traveller and safely store them on their highly explosive self until the battle is over :p
Civ V and VI modder enticed by the idea of giant mech suits suplexing giant insects into each other's paths.

Where the Korean Flower roams, it seems Lua follows...
...no sign of a database yet though...
isla

Postby isla » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:20 pm

Well hmm... I'll add it to the list of things to look into.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:28 pm

Chrisy15 wrote:
stylesrj wrote:Makes sense?

Makes sense that they don't destroy the pods, perhaps; but I'm not sure that it makes sense that the bomb suddenly grows arms, and sentience, to pick up a lost time traveller and safely store them on their highly explosive self until the battle is over :p

They have a vacuum that picks up time pods?
Or maybe it's a matter of representation? The bombs probably have a bunch of support drones who are trying to inspect and maintain the weapon and when it picks up a Time Pod, what's happening is that the drones are picking it up and reporting that it's now safe and it only looks like the bomb just collected the pod?