[Inquiry/Possible Bug] Alpha Vek spawn rates

Discuss problems and suggestions related to the Into the Breach here.
buttfield

[Inquiry/Possible Bug] Alpha Vek spawn rates

Postby buttfield » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:03 pm

I'm trying to figure out whether my mind is playing tricks on me, so if I could get official word, it'd be appreciated.
How often should Alphas be spawning on lower difficulties, as opposed to on hard? I took a quick look at spawner.lua, but I'm not entirely sure how everything gets handled in-game.
isla

Re: [Inquiry/Possible Bug] Alpha Vek spawn rates

Postby isla » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:59 am

buttfield wrote:I'm trying to figure out whether my mind is playing tricks on me, so if I could get official word, it'd be appreciated.
How often should Alphas be spawning on lower difficulties, as opposed to on hard? I took a quick look at spawner.lua, but I'm not entirely sure how everything gets handled in-game.

What do you see/think you see happening?
buttfield

Postby buttfield » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:01 pm

I've had a few runs on normal where it seemed like the game was spawning far more Alphas than it should. I'm not sure what caused/causes it, but if I'm not seeing things, I'd guess it was using the hard difficulty spawn rates.

I got this on 4th island normal on a run where I thought things seemed off, but I wouldn't call it hard evidence without knowing much on how the spawner works.

I'll keep fiddling around, and let you know if I figure it out.
Treamayne

Postby Treamayne » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:47 am

When you say "fourth island - normal," you don;t mean fourth mission on the first island, right? You mean the end off the game (last island before the final battle)? Also, that appears to be a "High Threat Detected" region (you will see that in red for those regions offering 3 rewards instead of two) and those regions, even on easy (which is all I've played so far) generally spawn with an extra Alpha Vek on the third and fourth islands.

So, removing 1 Alpha from the inventory, It looks like you spawned 2 normal (1 Psion and 1 "spawner") and 2 alphas. Is that not a normal ratio for Normal this deep into the game?
V/R

Treamayne
buttfield

Postby buttfield » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:17 pm

Like I said, I'm not sure how the spawner works. I could easily be completely wrong.
NilsBloodaxe

Postby NilsBloodaxe » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:35 pm

Treamayne wrote:When you say "fourth island - normal," you don;t mean fourth mission on the first island, right? You mean the end off the game (last island before the final battle)? Also, that appears to be a "High Threat Detected" region (you will see that in red for those regions offering 3 rewards instead of two) and those regions, even on easy (which is all I've played so far) generally spawn with an extra Alpha Vek on the third and fourth islands.

So, removing 1 Alpha from the inventory, It looks like you spawned 2 normal (1 Psion and 1 "spawner") and 2 alphas. Is that not a normal ratio for Normal this deep into the game?

Other than the Psion, those are all alphas.