Profile reset itself

Discuss problems and suggestions related to the Into the Breach here.
Dimencia

Profile reset itself

Postby Dimencia » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:06 am

While playing with about half the squads unlocked, there was a random windows memory error; after the bluescreen finished and it booted back up, while Steam still has all my achievements, my profile is reset to default and I can't continue my old save.
The old save is still in the folder as "undoSave.lua", but the squad its using isn't even unlocked in the profile

EDIT: Oh, I got the save to work by disabling cloud sync and renaming it to saveData.lua , but the profile is still at default

Not sure how I can get any info about this, and I doubt I can get the profile back, but just thought I'd report it
With this in mind, if anyone has information about achievement names in the profile.lua it'd be appreciated so I can just recreate the profile
LouBou

Re: Profile reset itself

Postby LouBou » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:30 pm

This just happened to me too, and am writing to report it. My is slightly different from the above case: was playing when the power went out, and after the computer rebooted my profile is back to vanilla and everything I unlocked (and the coins) was gone. My achievements in Steam are also intact, but everything in-game is gone.

I don't mind replying because I've been having so much fun with this game, but I figure I'd report this so that hopefully the right people will see it and help prevent it from happening again.
isla

Postby isla » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:13 pm

@Dimencia - Could you send me an email with any log files you may have in C:\Users\[NAME]\Documents\my games\Into The Breach and a dxdiag report? To make one, press <Windows Key>+R to open the run dialog, then type dxdiag and hit enter. Once the DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens, press "Save All Information" to make a text file you can email to me that will have all your system specs. That way I can take a look at your graphics drivers and see if they need to be updated (to prevent crashes). I can also help you get your progress back as well.

@LouBou - Shoot me an email and I'll help you get your achievements back. This isn't the first report of a power outage killing a save that we've seen, unfortunately.
Dimencia

Postby Dimencia » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:24 am

@isla thanks, I've sent an e-mail with the requested attachments through to contact@subsetgames.com (could not find a direct e-mail address to you and can't attach files through here, so I assume this is where I should send them)

As mentioned in the email, I don't think the crash was related to the game - I've been working on a janky project full of memory leaks, and I expect that caused the crash - but if I can get my progress back, that'd be great
missmisstep

Postby missmisstep » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:59 am

@isla something very similar happened to me; computer crashed and all my progress was wiped. tried to log in on another machine and nope, all gone there too. absolutely devastated because i am 23 hours into the game & not only did i have 21 of the achievements, but i also had found nearly all of the pilots. is there any way to get my progress back? i am super, super bummed
Scavagedad

Postby Scavagedad » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:10 am

Hi,
I had a very similar problem as @Dimencia . I have backed up the Into the breach folder at Documents \ My games.
Looking for some assistance on how to fix this.
isla

Postby isla » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:46 pm

@missmisstep @Scavagedad - We're working on a fix to prevent this from happening, but in the meantime please shoot me an email and I'll help you get your progress back.
Qeslei

Postby Qeslei » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:15 am

Scavagedad wrote:Hi,
I had a very similar problem as @Dimencia . I have backed up the Into the breach folder at Documents \ My games.
Looking for some assistance on how to fix this.

i'm also facing this same problem :/
MargaritaRamsey

Postby MargaritaRamsey » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:31 am

I was having the same reset issue but thank you guys for sharing your experiences they were very much helpful.
People enjoy the effects of Rad 140 resultsso will you.
fiyascoricardo

Postby fiyascoricardo » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:31 pm

Dimencia wrote:While playing with about half the squads unlocked, there was a random windows memory error; after the bluescreen finished and it booted back up, while Steam still has all my achievements, my profile is reset to default and I can't continue my old save.
The old save is still in the folder as "undoSave.lua", but the squad its using isn't even unlocked in the profile

EDIT: Oh, I got the save to work by disabling cloud sync and renaming it to saveData.lua , but the profile is still at default

Not sure how I can get any info about this, and I doubt I can get the profile back, but just thought I'd report it
With this in mind, if anyone has information about achievement names in the profile.lua it'd be appreciated so I can just recreate the profile

absolutely devastated because i am 23 hours into the game & not only did i have 21 of the achievements