[Bug]Random Squad not random

Discuss problems and suggestions related to the Into the Breach here.
quay

[Bug]Random Squad not random

Postby quay » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:30 pm

Using a random squad while only having one or two teams it it possible to start with a regular squad without a lot of effort. This does not correspond to the idea of a random squad and thus should be blocked. My suggestion is, that radom squads are automatically unlocked after a certain amount of other squads are unlocked or that they are unlocked from the beginning but already include all squads, even the locked ones.

(In addion for "randomness" purposes, I would suggest that a maximum of 1 member of a certain squad is allowed for the random squad)
Doogaroo

Re: [Bug]Random Squad not random

Postby Doogaroo » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:34 pm

I mean.. what did you expect a "random" team of 3 chosen out of the only 3 available mechs to be?

It seems to me that this isn't a bug, as the tooltip clearly says "Create a Random Squad out of all the mechs you've unlocked."

Not saying it's the best feature as is since I could see it being misleading at first to a new player, but I'm not sure I agree that it's a bug.
quay

Postby quay » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:50 pm

Well, with the way it is right now, there just isn't any need for random squads. They are neither challenging nor anything special. Although it truly isn't a bug in the sense of programming, it does remove the purpose of this function. Therefore I suggest to modify the "random squad" to a certain amount, to regain the currently lost randomness.
Doogaroo

Postby Doogaroo » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:01 pm

Having more parameters to customize how the random squad is selected would be great (like not pulling more than one from each standard squad), definitely. As it stands now, I could see it being fun after I've unlocked & used all the squads on their own, and want something different for another run.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:31 pm

Doogaroo wrote:I could see it being fun after I've unlocked & used all the squads on their own, and want something different for another run.

That's exactly its purpose, and I agree it shouldn't even be available until you've unlocked some (or all) of the squads. At least half.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
Doogaroo

Postby Doogaroo » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:26 pm

I guess I just fail to see the value gained by locking away features like that. If you don't like picking randomly out of a smaller pool, why not just avoid using it until later?