5thHorseman's Playthroughs of Each Ship

Share and discuss FTL-related videos here.
The Captain

Re: 5thHorseman's Playthroughs of Each Ship

Postby The Captain » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:14 pm

They boarded you in the Medbay, and you vented it?!?! When you had two Mantises?!?!?!? I would have sent them in with the spare Zoltan, venting the rooms outside the Medbay to where the other boarders were. Engineer stays put for evasion. You could have moved shields Zoltan over to weapons, if you felt like that would be more important.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:57 am

I'm with The Captain on that one. The medbay is the best place to be fighting boarders. You don't just vent it out and play "Oxygen Keep-Away" with the intruders.
Also, Level 2 Sensors probably would have been a good investment in screening out that cargo, so all you'd have to fight would be the OP Zoltan ship that somehow snuck in from Captain's Edition. :P

Also, good decision on the Burst Laser II. I know it's bad to leave a Vulcan behind but you're more likely to find another one in stores than a Burst Laser II. But of course that depends if you go to stores rather than skipping them as if you were certain that was a quarantine zone beacon that'll make you lose your crew instantly.

I really like your enthusiasm in your videos. Even in the face of dangerous odds, you take pride in what you're doing.

Do you think I could hitch a ride on one of your ships? Not that I need some combat experience against a Mantis or something. :lol:
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:11 am

stylesrj wrote:... Also, good decision on the Burst Laser II. ...

Well, except for leaving it in the cargo bay. /smh
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:12 am

The Captain wrote:Well, except for leaving it in the cargo bay. /smh

True. I would have put that sucker in Slot 1 and sold one of the Basic Lasers. I can buy the extra weapon slot later for my 6-shot barrage and enjoy a lovely 5-shot barrage for the next few jumps. But I can see what Horseman was getting at with not immediately putting it on the ship.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:22 am

RAD-82 wrote:Re: Season 5 Episode 21

Red-Tail dead... Time for Dead-Tail? Might be a little more OP than the Red-Tail... :lol:

Oh my... Good suggestion. I remember liking this way back when you first posted it but then I totally forgot about it for like 2 years.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
Hiddena

Postby Hiddena » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:10 pm

Passed the fifth horseman on each ship 10 times :D
Confucius says: Some sex is good...More is better...Too much is just about right