FTL Youtube Series

Share and discuss FTL-related videos here.
tommytop10

FTL Youtube Series

Postby tommytop10 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:20 pm

Hello, I started a new FTL youtube series on my channel. I am a new channel (haven't heard that enough times, have you?) and I am inexperienced with FTL. Don't let that stop you from watching my video, my first attempt at playing fails, as I played the tutorial a while ago, then decided to start recording weeks after playing it. So I will add an annotation to skip the first play through where I fail miserably. Please, give me a shot, I'm still learning the game, and any tips on my game playing or recording would be greatly appreciated, even if you don't want to continue watching me play (though it would be preferred if you did!)

Episode 1: http://youtu.be/tyk4RdumuSM
Episode 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqvY25iEW3U

And here is a link to my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSgoMdrbqcTOX5xrGHFV9aQ
Last edited by tommytop10 on Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
5thHorseman

Re: FTL Youtube Series

Postby 5thHorseman » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:12 pm

Video: Turn your game sounds down! Like to 20% or less. You talked for about 20 seconds straight while reading the space station text at the end of your first run, and I have no idea what you were saying because the music was so loud.

Game: Spacebar pauses the game. Use it. A lot.
Power up your weapons. They should almost always be powered.
Man stations. Move your crew to one of the rooms that the tooltip states that manning the room helps. Try different rooms to see what happens.
Read tooltips: They tell you how things work (and don't work). For example, beams won't pierce shields.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
tommytop10

Postby tommytop10 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:50 pm

Yeah, sorry about the music being so loud, I only realized that when i was re-watching the video. I also replayed the tutorial after recording because like I said I couldn't remember a thing about how to play (probably wan't the best idea to play without knowing how things work.) And thanks for the other tips, everything you said will really help.
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:21 pm

tommytop10 wrote:Yeah, sorry about the music being so loud, I only realized that when i was re-watching the video. I also replayed the tutorial after recording because like I said I couldn't remember a thing about how to play (probably wan't the best idea to play without knowing how things work.) And thanks for the other tips, everything you said will really help.
If you wanna get popular, go through all ships and then do mods... Preferably mine.

jk, check out CE, IS, and Dryeagle's mods.