Is it possible?

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Kaimar

Is it possible?

Postby Kaimar » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:59 pm

Is it possibel to create and use that ship that is used at the buss fight? Only if you die well you die not lose a side and stuff :D
I´m just thinking I just had this mod infinite space. And I thought if there was a way to make that ship playable it would be awesom you would be aalmost undefetable.
Kieve

Re: Is it possible?

Postby Kieve » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:14 pm

It's mostly possible.
The Flagship can be made playable, and indeed there's a mod floating around (not GMM compatible) that sorta does so, although with different colors. The problems crop up when you try to use the weapons.
The boss's weapon systems don't function the same as regular ship guns, they're all tied into specific "artillery" controls (which is why you can knock out the missile room and the lasers will still fire, etc). You'd have to create a 'regular' copy of the weapon systems and trade off the separate artillery rooms for a single weapons control.
If you're wanting the drone swarm and laser burst "Power Surges," well that's probably out of the question.

But yeah. Mostly possible, would just take a bit of tweaking.
shark

Postby shark » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:11 pm

Why is drone swarm impossible? Wouldn't it be accomplished by having 6+ drone slots with very cheap drones?

Also, I'm interested in how more than one artillery behaves on a player's ship. Did anybody try it yet? :)
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All of our mods
are belong to you.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:40 am

shark wrote:Why is drone swarm impossible? Wouldn't it be accomplished by having 6+ drone slots with very cheap drones?

Also, I'm interested in how more than one artillery behaves on a player's ship. Did anybody try it yet? :)

I'm not talking about having multiple drones running at once, I'm talking about the boss's special "Power Surge Detected!" drone swarm that only lasts for a few seconds or so. I'm sure you could accomplish a similar feat (I know at least 4 drones can be done), but then you're balancing power to shields, engines, weapons, and every other subsystem imaginable.

As for artillery... well, you're welcome to find out for us? Seems that's the kind of thing you enjoy testing :D
alextfish

Postby alextfish » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:58 pm

I think you might be able to make an approximation to the "power surge" laser burst: a weapon, something like a burst laser with massive cooldown (60 seconds ish) that fires 12-20 shots. This could be either a normal weapon or an artillery-style weapon.
Many years ago I created the FTL Starcraft mod: 18 new challenging ships to fly through the FTL universe!, and wrote a tutorial on creating your own FTL ships. They haven't been updated for AE though.
Kaimar

Postby Kaimar » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:20 pm

I dont know how to code it myself only mods I can make are with moddels and easy modding and coding like SKE mod creator. And Garrys mods and like that. But this is too complicated. My friend tried it he got the ship in with my help and made it function but the problem was weapons and the many atomatic weapons he could not figure out how to to that and gave up.