[Tool] Superluminal for Hyperspace (BETA)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
AdmiralBilly

[Tool] Superluminal for Hyperspace (BETA)

Postby AdmiralBilly » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:49 pm

Hey everyone!

I went ahead and made a version of Superluminal 2 that works with FTL: Hyperspace (and its mods like Multiverse). It saves ships as ship packs and supports custom crew, among a few other misc changes. That being said, I'm a very inexperienced coder and there are almost guaranteed to be some bugs here and there, so please let me know if you come across one!

Because of the way it works, not only can you create new ship packs, but I think you can convert old ones too; simply patch your game with the ship mods installed or use the built in mod manager to add a .ftl file with the ship, load those ships, and change things as necessary (particularly things like the blueprint name and crew limit).

Simply download the zip and extract it to wherever you want it to live. In the Resources folder, the Race List for Vanilla is used by default; to use the other ones, simply rename one of them to "Race list.txt" (or create your own!). These lists are up to date as of Multiverse 3.5.3 and EH chapter 2 0.9.1.

I'm not the original developer of Superluminal, I simply used the source code; you can find the original post here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=24901

If anyone has the knowhow to make a better version of this please let me know! My version is functional (I hope), but reeks of amateur code.

Known issues:

Probably avoid using the layout B/C buttons: I figured out how to read the .xml finally, however parsing that particular piece of data will take a little while!

Because of the way I made the program, it's *very* likely that Mac/Linux/32-bit Windows support is broken. If not, please let me know!

BETA 2 RELEASED!
Beta 2 fixes some of the glaring issues with the program's loading mechanism, so hyperspace features should load into the editor appropriately instead of only saving, with the exception of A/B/C slot.

BETA 3 RELEASED!
Beta 3 contains a very small code fix to fix a significant bug that is due to hyperspace not being able to decide how to format ship packs :L . This should fix the bug where having multiple ship packs creates duplicates ingame.

Download link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16ALjPk ... sp=sharing (make sure to also install 64 bit Java)