How Do I Modify Weapons?

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Digganob

How Do I Modify Weapons?

Postby Digganob » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:06 am

I managed to unpack the ftl.dat file using Slipstream, and I've looked around in there, and to my surprise I can't find the variables for weapons and their stats.

Is there something else I need to do? Have I just missed them somehow? Is it impossible to edit weapons by modifying them in the ftl.dat folders?

In particular, I want to edit weapons' stats to re-balance them, but I can't find anything on how to do so. If anyone can tell me how to add/remove weapon slots on ships, that would also be appreciated.
Jumbocarrot0

Re: How Do I Modify Weapons?

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:08 am

Digganob wrote:I managed to unpack the ftl.dat file using Slipstream, and I've looked around in there, and to my surprise I can't find the variables for weapons and their stats.

Is there something else I need to do? Have I just missed them somehow? Is it impossible to edit weapons by modifying them in the ftl.dat folders?

In particular, I want to edit weapons' stats to re-balance them, but I can't find anything on how to do so. If anyone can tell me how to add/remove weapon slots on ships, that would also be appreciated.

In the data folder is a whole heap of xml files. blueprints.xml and dlcBlueprints.xml will contain the data for all non-AE and AE weapons in the game respectively, plus some related to drones, ASBs, etc. that aren't actual weapons but are defined as such and a whole bunch of other non-weapons related stuff.
This guide by KingdomKrafters provided a lot more detail into how you go about editing them.
Digganob

Re: How Do I Modify Weapons?

Postby Digganob » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:31 pm

Jumbocarrot0 wrote:
Digganob wrote:I managed to unpack the ftl.dat file using Slipstream, and I've looked around in there, and to my surprise I can't find the variables for weapons and their stats.

In the data folder is a whole heap of xml files. blueprints.xml and dlcBlueprints.xml will contain the data for all non-AE and AE weapons in the game respectively, plus some related to drones, ASBs, etc. that aren't actual weapons but are defined as such and a whole bunch of other non-weapons related stuff.
This guide by KingdomKrafters provided a lot more detail into how you go about editing them.

Thanks man, your help is appreciated. (^^)b