[MOD][WIP] FTL Infinite Space

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
fundeath712

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL Infinite Space

Postby fundeath712 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:31 pm

The mod was featured by Nerd^3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LZ1Jq_b91Q Congrats! This mod defiently deserves it, it's fantastic.
BenJones

Postby BenJones » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:56 pm

I could use some help. The files won't appear in the GMM. They aren't being extracted as FTL files, only folders. How do I fix this.
fundeath712

Postby fundeath712 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:04 am

Okay, I'll walk you through the mod manager, As i think that is likely your problem.

Many of these images will not fully show inside of the forum page, so please "rightclick>view image" them if you are having a hard time following.

* Start with taking the file (Which should have the .ftl extension) and place it into your .../Modmanager/mods folder just like in this picture.

* Then, run the Manager through the python script.

* These windows should pop up after the python script runs, leave them both open.

* Click the "Infinite Space_0.5.3" so that it is highlighted blue.

* Click patch on the panel on the right side of the Mod Manager

* wait for the Python terminal to finish processing the request. You should receive a prompt to start the game once this happens.

* Enjoy the mod.
Conman345

FTL Infinite Space Bug report

Postby Conman345 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:57 am

I dont really know where to submit a bug report, so i will just put it here, when i was playing i also had the mod that defaults with the mod manager... But i think it was IS that did it. This is more of an exploit, but what happens is that if you go back to a place where a zoltan academy gives you an augmentation, you will get scrap because you already have the augmentation from them.... you can repeat making it possible to turn 2 fuel into 25 scrap... i made a quick video so you can see what i am talking about
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnkum3OaOs4
you can repeat the cycle as long as you have fuel
Yoshimitsu

Postby Yoshimitsu » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:54 am

When i try to instal the mod with the mod manager i get a error: errno 13 premission denied. So how can I fix that?
Yoragus

Postby Yoragus » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm

okay, long post incoming, sry bout that, but I thought I'd share my thoughts about this mod:

Found Problems/Bugs/Exploits:

• Grognak's Mod Manager (GMM)
    Suggesting to use GMM for this mod in the first post might be why a lot of people can't get this mod to work in the first place. For me, too, this program was problematic. It requries python to work, which, when I did install it on my laptop (win7 64bit), it refused to find it and simply wouldn't start because of it.

Since there is a new modmanager around by now, the Slipstream Mod Manager (SMM), I'd suggest to change the first post and tell people to use the SMM, because that did work for me without a problem and it is basically an advanced version of the GMM anyway. Also, the SMM uses Java, which is (in my humble opionion) a way better requirement to use than python. Most people will have some version of Java installed on their machine anyway.

• Mini Bosses are always friendly when using Federation Cruiser Layout A in FTL v1.03.3
    I can confirm this bug that has already been reported by Magor (click here and here)
    No Miniboss will attack your ship even though you have lots of shields and weapons. After clicking [continue] after their initial "I'm a pirate and you shouldn't have come here"-speech you can simply jump away - no fight ensues.

My best guess as to what causes this bug is that it might have something to do with the artillery beam, since it comes with its own special subsystem. Maybe that somehow screws up the calculation as to when the Bosses attack you, since you are only meant to meet them anyway when you are strong enough, based on shields and engines, which are also subsystems.

• Augmentations from a Zoltan academy can be exploited for scrap as long as you have fuel
    I can also confirm this exploit by Conman345 in this post here. Every time you visit this beacon with the augmentation already installed, you will get 25 scrap.

Suggestions:

• Balance the first encounter with a Mini Boss
    Most of the time, I encounter a Mini Boss right after I finished the first sector. At this point, I usually have 2 shields and 2 weapons active, but nothing fancy to show for. Since Mini Bosses always seem to have 4 shields, I am no match for them whatsoever. 4 shields are hard to come by, even with the aid of missiles. Sure, I can jump away instead of losing to them, but still, it is a bit harsh to give players such a beast to wrestle with after they have just started out. The initial 150 scrap + extra equipment at the start and all the loot in the first sector are basically always to little to overcome those bosses, and even if they don't eat you up, you will be severly damaged and will need most of the ressources in the second sector just to fix the damage, only to relive the experience in the next sector. So yeah, I think the very first Mini Boss should be a tad weaker. 3 shields are enough for this first challenge.

Other than that, I have to say this is a great mod and I very much enjoy playing it.
Very well done! :D
Buddyhawks

Postby Buddyhawks » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:28 am

Hello, I've played many hours of IS. It is the best mod. However, the mod has crashed on me multiple times. I can confirm that the game crashes when you choose to wait in line with the ships.
I will continue playing and report other crashes.
Lincoln

Postby Lincoln » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:09 pm

Saw this modification on Youtube when Nerd did a permadeath of it; looked fantastic so giving it a download now! ;)
CCCM89

Postby CCCM89 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:34 am

question, will you still be able to unlock the various ships with this mod? I would love to play this mod, but not without the chance to unlock all the ships.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:20 am

CCCM89 wrote:question, will you still be able to unlock the various ships with this mod? I would love to play this mod, but not without the chance to unlock all the ships.

this has been answered millions of times and it should be slightly obvious, due to how the mod made it infinite with the sector ??? and sector 1 loop.

You can not unlock any new ship at all, not even the federation cruiser or engi cruiser.

Type b's may be possible but not new ships
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.