[MOD][WIP] FTL Infinite Space

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
MasterDemolitionist

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL Infinite Space

Postby MasterDemolitionist » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:53 pm

I had a glitch with the event that said you have to wait in line for inspection before jumping, my game just closed as if I had ended it's process. (I have the Potential and advanced systems, if that means anything)
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:09 pm

ELDT wrote:A little tip for everyone using this mod, if you can stomach dieing a couple of times at the start, you can use the potential (ship design) and the advanced systems mod with this mod here to have a LOT of fun. You are going to die a lot at the start though. However I've had a fun experience with it when I actually got the ball rolling, then proceeded to cry profusely when I died against the pirate flagship. That is evil. And has that stupid ultimate defense drone. :(

That depends on taste. I really dont like to have 80 power bars just from the beginning. That makes FTL strategy and tacticals really dumb (and tactical and strategy are the point of FTL) once u pass through the first sector and u have upgraded some systems (yup i tried the potential mod again and, even if i hard times in the first sector, i reached the second one and after that it was really really dumb easy).

This infinite space mod is good as it is. I tried time ago and it was great, the difficulty is not really high, just a little more than the normal vanilla game. I just stop using it cuz it was causing a lot of incompatibilities with other mods, and the most valuable thing i wanted is the fleet delay pursuit and the little scrap at the beginning. But once i learned how to do that.. i just stopped using this mod.
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
Thunderr

Postby Thunderr » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:31 pm

speedoflight wrote:tacticals

You mean tactics?
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:12 pm

Thunderr wrote:
speedoflight wrote:tacticals

You mean tactics?

U could say it in the 2 ways.
ImageImage
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:17 pm

Grammar nazi mode: engaged.

Not exactly. There's no such noun in English as "tacticals" - only tactic(s). "Tactical" is an adjective, used to describe nouns (e.g. "tactical approach")
While you definitely will find people using that word, the context in which it is used is really inconclusive, and I'm rather inclined to believe they simply confused it with tactics. If anything, it's used as a custom name, not a proper noun.

...Yeah.
Either way, we're quite seriously derailing the topic.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:34 pm

So, the word exists.. and u guys got it.. i dont see the problem xD.

Anyways, i was going to writhe tactics instead, but since i wasnt sure (english isnt by far my native languaje) i just had bad luck and picked the wrong one. :lol:
ImageImage
drunkmunky

Postby drunkmunky » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:12 pm

Is there an issue with the latest version compatibility with 1.03.3? Every time I use GMM to patch over and start game, I get the Infinite Space start screen, however upon attempting to actually start a game, it just flat out crashes.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Drunk
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:46 am

Yes, there is, since IS completely replaces game's data archives. It won't be compatible with 1.03.3 until Drk converts the mod to use GMM's .append functionality.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:10 pm

drunkmunky wrote:Is there an issue with the latest version compatibility with 1.03.3? Every time I use GMM to patch over and start game, I get the Infinite Space start screen, however upon attempting to actually start a game, it just flat out crashes.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Drunk

U should just re-install FTL and patch the mod again. Maybe that will solve the problem. Its probably that u are patching an already patched backup copy or something like that, so GMM is picking that backup instead of a clean one. This can happen, but there is no way to know if this is the problem until u re-install ftl from the beginning (i use to do that sometimes, since it only takes about 2 minutes).
ImageImage
DrkTemplar

Postby DrkTemplar » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:29 pm

drunkmunky wrote:Is there an issue with the latest version compatibility with 1.03.3? Every time I use GMM to patch over and start game, I get the Infinite Space start screen, however upon attempting to actually start a game, it just flat out crashes.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Drunk

Correct, it doesn't work with 1.03.3. I've been working on a version that is compatible. I apologize for the massive delay.