[MOD][WIP]Dark's Extra Events Mod

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Darksiderq

[MOD][WIP]Dark's Extra Events Mod

Postby Darksiderq » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:08 pm

I'm currently coding some Events and deceided to make a Mod with planned 70 new Events(10 for most "Sector Classes" Secret and Civilan Sector not included)

INFO:
--->=The Arrow shows the Sector im Currently working on
Curved-Underlined Text means that this Sector is done

Events TODO(DEMO):
--->2 Rebel Sector Events(2 Events Complete,1 Chain Quest Complete)
Rock Sector Events(2 Quest complete,3 Events Complete)
5 Mantis Sector Events
5 Zoltan Sector Events
5 Slug Sector Events
5 Nebula Sector Events
5 Pirat Sector Events

Events TODO(FULL):
7 Rebel Sector Events(1 Event Complete,1 Chain Quest Complete)
5 Rock Sector Events(2 Quests Complete,3 Events Complete)
10 Mantis Sector Events
10 Zoltan Sector Events
10 Slug Sector Events
10 Nebula Sector Events
10 Pirat Sector Events

Once i am done with around 50%(5 Events for the above listed Sectors) i will release a "demo" here
Of course this mod will be GMM ready.
Last edited by Darksiderq on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:55 am, edited 9 times in total.
jackthepwn

Re: [MOD][WIP]Dark's Extra Events Mod

Postby jackthepwn » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:39 pm

iv been looking for a mod that basically gives yousome of the same options as the computers and more realism:

like in a fight, bribe the enemy ship, or offer a crew member. be able to lure in pirates to you by sending out a distress signal when you still have fuel.
be able to accept a bribe from a computer and still destroy them. seriously there is nothing stopping you from takeing their stuff and blowing them up if it was realistic.
Another idea is if you have teleporters and you find a slaver ship you can teleport a slave onto your ship and try to get away.
do you think options like that can be included in your mod? :ugeek:
like jack the ripper, jack of all trades, aaaaannd captain jack sparrow
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:00 pm

jackthepwn wrote:iv been looking for a mod that basically gives yousome of the same options as the computers and more realism:

like in a fight, bribe the enemy ship, or offer a crew member. be able to lure in pirates to you by sending out a distress signal when you still have fuel.
be able to accept a bribe from a computer and still destroy them. seriously there is nothing stopping you from takeing their stuff and blowing them up if it was realistic.
Another idea is if you have teleporters and you find a slaver ship you can teleport a slave onto your ship and try to get away.
do you think options like that can be included in your mod? :ugeek:

I'm going to safely say 'no' on these because all the stuff you're asking for is hardcoded into the game. Maybe if Overdrive gets completed, such things will be moddable, but right now it's just not possible. Sorry. :?
Justin
Site Admin

Postby Justin » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:14 pm

jackthepwn wrote:1 - like in a fight, bribe the enemy ship, or offer a crew member.

2 - be able to lure in pirates to you by sending out a distress signal when you still have fuel.

3 - be able to accept a bribe from a computer and still destroy them. seriously there is nothing stopping you from takeing their stuff and blowing them up if it was realistic.

4 - Another idea is if you have teleporters and you find a slaver ship you can teleport a slave onto your ship and try to get away.

1 - Technically possible if you use a "escape" event with a timer that's super crazy long. It can only be triggered by damaging the enemy ship so if you're losing it wouldn't trigger.
2 - Impossible and we also didn't want something like this because it allows for easy grinding for scrap without the use of fuel.
3 - This is possible. You just have an extra option in a ships 'surrender event' after you accept their surrender. We didn't want to add this because if we did it is literally the only option anyone would choose because you get 2x scrap. Limits the amount of ways you can play the game.
4 - You can do it via a <choice req="teleporter"/> but not by literally going on board their ship and taking someone, or something.
If you're having hull problems, I feel bad for you son. I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
Darksiderq

Postby Darksiderq » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:53 pm

Justin wrote:
jackthepwn wrote:1 - like in a fight, bribe the enemy ship, or offer a crew member.

2 - be able to lure in pirates to you by sending out a distress signal when you still have fuel.

3 - be able to accept a bribe from a computer and still destroy them. seriously there is nothing stopping you from takeing their stuff and blowing them up if it was realistic.

4 - Another idea is if you have teleporters and you find a slaver ship you can teleport a slave onto your ship and try to get away.

1 - Technically possible if you use a "escape" event with a timer that's super crazy long. It can only be triggered by damaging the enemy ship so if you're losing it wouldn't trigger.
2 - Impossible and we also didn't want something like this because it allows for easy grinding for scrap without the use of fuel.
3 - This is possible. You just have an extra option in a ships 'surrender event' after you accept their surrender. We didn't want to add this because if we did it is literally the only option anyone would choose because you get 2x scrap. Limits the amount of ways you can play the game.
4 - You can do it via a <choice req="teleporter"/> but not by literally going on board their ship and taking someone, or something.

You hear the man^^ Request and ideas are good and im really happy to see some here but i can't do the Impossbile

UPDATE:
This is one of the Events that i just finished i'm new to this whole "coding" thing so don't expect something Overthetop Good

Code: Select all

<event name="LOST_MANTIS" unique="false">
   <text>You find a Highly Damaged Mantis Ship floating in Space.Your Scanner detect a lifeform.</text>
   <choice>
      <text>Salvage the Ship</text>
      <event>
         <text>You fire a few times with your Weapons.And the Ships burst in front of you.You salvage what you can and get ready to Jump</text>
         <autoReward level="LOW">scrap_only</autoReward>
      </event>
   </choice>
   <choice>
      <text>Attempt to Hail the Ship</text>
      <event load="LOST_MANTIS_HAIL"/>
   </choice>
   <choice>
      <text>Leave it</text>
      <event>
         <text>You just leave the Ship be and get ready to jump.</text>
      </event>
   </choice>
</event>
<eventList name="LOST_MANTIS_HAIL"/>
   <event>
      <text>Soon after you hail the Mantis Ship it responds."Take me with you im lost out here!"</text>
      <crewMember amount="1" class="mantis"/>
   </event>
   <event>
      <text>A Rock Ship jumps to this System and hails "You're are trying to help a Crminal Off-Worlder! Prepare to die!"</text>
      <ship load="ROCK_SHIP" hostile="true"/>
      <autoReward level="low">scrap_only</autoReward>
   </event>
</eventList>