ADVICE NEEDED FOR SHIP

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
tecknoviking

ADVICE NEEDED FOR SHIP

Postby tecknoviking » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:11 am

I made a nice looking hull but i don't know what to put in it. I tried several kinds of builds (i.e. boarding, bombing, missile cruiser)but I still don't know what to do. i need help deciding

Hull Image

Boarding Layout

Generic Layout

used a bit of R4Ve's hull so you can find his ship here: https://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26444&start=80
Last edited by tecknoviking on Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arfy

Re: ADVICE NEEDED FOR SHIP

Postby Arfy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:15 am

Honestly, just make the ship in all type of 'cruiser builds,' and different weapon setups alongside those builds, play with all of them, and see which one is the most fun.

Also, learning how to make custom weapons makes it easier to make ships that seem 'fun.'
Discord: ATLAS#9226
tecknoviking

Postby tecknoviking » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:20 am

Honestly, just make the ship in all type of 'cruiser builds,' and different weapon setups alongside those builds, play with all of them, and see which one is the most fun.

thanks for the suggestion. I am currently testing right now. Can I have your opinion on what you think is "fun" ? I only know from my experience whats fun and whats not and so i want to see what others think.
Arfy

Postby Arfy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:09 am

tecknoviking wrote:thanks for the suggestion. I am currently testing right now. Can I have your opinion on what you think is "fun" ? I only know from my experience whats fun and whats not and so i want to see what others think.

For me, I find fun in challenging, quirky, and polished mods-not too challenging that I want to throw my keyboard and computer out of the window, not too quirky that it's downright annoying or too random, and polished correctly that the ship is actually playable.
Discord: ATLAS#9226