Ship-buiding help

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
arkantos63

Ship-buiding help

Postby arkantos63 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:31 pm

Hi, I'm using the Superluminal ship-builder and I basically just modified the Federation Cruiser A and gave it extra weapon spaces and more power bars. The problem is that the extra weapons are just floating off the ship in one cluster so it looks awkward, can I possibly just hide the weapons so they don't ruin the immersion?
NarnKar

Re: Ship-buiding help

Postby NarnKar » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:08 pm

You should be able to select and drag weapon mounts in the Superluminal editor. Otherwise, you can manually edit the XML to adjust their mount coordinates, though that's not an ideal solution.
arkantos63

Postby arkantos63 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:40 pm

NarnKar wrote:You should be able to select and drag weapon mounts in the Superluminal editor. Otherwise, you can manually edit the XML to adjust their mount coordinates, though that's not an ideal solution.

Okay, so I don't have the system upgrades that the original Potential mod has and the .xml files don't have the system blueprints. How do you suggest I do that?
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:18 am

IIRC, system modifications should be in blueprints.xml (and by extension blueprints.xml.append) . They appear ahead of the ship specification.

What are you working on, if I might ask?