Anyways, I've been looking through the Help stuff in the wiki and so on, and I'm trying to modify Grognak's Sample Scrap mod to give me a bit of fuel, and some fleet slowdown.
Basically I'm trying to get a choice of:
- "Continue" (no benefits, for vanilla play)
- Fleet Slowdown Only (Available at all start beacons, costs 2-3 fuel)
- Booster pack of "Scrap / Fuel / Fleet Slowdown" that will only be available at the start of the game.
- How do I make the first option cost 2-3 fuel? (don't mind whether its static one of those values, or between those two). - Resolved.
- Can I add BOTH of JUST Fuel AND Scrap? Or do I have to use one of the mixed rewards, like "Standard". If both, can I just put them sequentially like in the example below? Also can I specify an exact amount, or do I just haveto use the low / med / high? - Resolved.
- How can I make the fuel/scrap/pursuit option be visible (or just selectable) on the Start Game only? I understand the start screen inherits the Start Beacon events. So thought of making a hidden requirement of one of the augmentations that I'd probably rarely use. As in give it myself at the start of the game, and remove it when selecting any of those options, so I can't use the last option from anywhere but the game start (or if I bought that Augment myself). However would this error if I try to remove it but don't have it? (thinking of it still running the removal statement on the later beacons). If this WOULD work, how do I find the ID, and what's the actual way of adding / removing an augment?
Here's sorta what I'm thinking of. I've just modified Grognak's sample mod (thanks for the awesome mod loader btw!):
Code: Select all
<!-- Scrap, Fuel and Fleet Pursuit Advantage mod -->
<text>The data you carry is vital to the remaining Federation fleet. You'll need supplies for the journey, so make sure to explore each sector before moving on to the next. But get to the exit before the pursuing Rebel fleet can catch up!</text>
<text>Welcome to a new sector! Get to the exit beacon and jump to the next sector before the pursuing Rebels catch you!</text>
<text>Engage the FTL drive at full power to boost you ahead of the Rebel Fleet?</text>
<text>You engage the FTL drive at full power, boosting you far ahead of the Rebel Fleet.</text>
<item type="fuel" min="2" max="4"/>
<modifyPursuit amount="-20" />
<choice req="ENGINES" hidden="true">
<text>Strip a near-by asteroid for scrap and fuel, then engage the FTL drive at full power?</text>
<text>You take a shuttle and grab as much metal and fuel as you can, and engage the FTL drive at full power, boosting you far ahead of the Rebel Fleet.</text>