[Question] Crew Powers Hardcoded?

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
gentasaurus

[Question] Crew Powers Hardcoded?

Postby gentasaurus » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:21 pm

Hello everyone, I am new to the modding community and so far you guys have been awesome in terms of helping inexperienced modders with their problems! I have a question that I am very curious about and I hope I can get an answer.

Are custom races for crew possible?

I've seen mixed answers to this question. Some claim it is possible, but not with special abilities. However, I believe Sleeper Service, the author of Captain's Edition, made a custom hologram race in his mod. I am aiming to make a race with already existing abilities; not a custom power or anything like that.

Thank you all in advance!
Last edited by gentasaurus on Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image ImageImage
elijahdb

Re: [Question] Crew Powers Hardcoded?

Postby elijahdb » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:27 pm

I answered this in the inquiry thread just now, I'll copy over the post.

No, they're hard coded for Windows computers (the hologram race was actually a type of race that the FTL devs decided to toss aside, and it was found by modders who used it).
However, there is a tool made for Macs that lets you change the races up a little, I don't know the extent of the tool because I use windows. Here's the link. http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29055
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
ARC-1778

Re: [Question] Crew Powers Hardcoded?

Postby ARC-1778 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:09 am

The post above needs an *. Specifically this one just behind "hardcoded for windows"*

* says: "For now"

A windows version of the editor is apparently being worked on.