[TOOL]FTLEdit: FTL Ship editor [v0.95 11th Jan] Open source!

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Kantei

Re: [TOOL]FTLEdit: FTL Ship editor [v0.88] (Please test!)

Postby Kantei » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:31 am

Zebo12345 wrote:Every time I export a ship as a .ftl file, the ship loads right, and everything works, exept that the rooms get messed up. Should I not add extra doors? Is it because I put more than 4 crew members? Is it the programs fault? Did I not install correctly?

I have this very problem. Anyone have any ideas for a solution?
alextfish

Postby alextfish » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:37 pm

Kantei wrote:
Zebo12345 wrote:Every time I export a ship as a .ftl file, the ship loads right, and everything works, exept that the rooms get messed up. Should I not add extra doors? Is it because I put more than 4 crew members? Is it the programs fault? Did I not install correctly?

What do you mean, precisely, by "the rooms get messed up"? I've been able to use FTLEdit to create 20 ships without problems, except that the images inside the rooms are stretched and incorrect (you have to go into the blueprints.xml.append file to fix that).
Many years ago I created the FTL Starcraft mod: 18 new challenging ships to fly through the FTL universe!, and wrote a tutorial on creating your own FTL ships. They haven't been updated for AE though.
Kantei

Postby Kantei » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:33 pm

alextfish wrote:
Kantei wrote:

What do you mean, precisely, by "the rooms get messed up"? I've been able to use FTLEdit to create 20 ships without problems, except that the images inside the rooms are stretched and incorrect (you have to go into the blueprints.xml.append file to fix that).

This is what I'm talking about. Here, there was absolutely no editing to the ship- I literally loaded it and exported it to the mods folder. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is it a buggy install?

kunun

Re: [TOOL]FTLEdit: FTL Ship editor [v0.9] (Updated 5th Decem

Postby kunun » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:43 am

I have the exact same problem as Kantei. All works great apart from the rooms and base picture are misaligned badly compared to what they look like in the editor. Are we doing somthing wrong?
DCChuckles

Postby DCChuckles » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:18 am

Is there anyone out there who is godd with FTLEdit? I need someone to help me with the Star Wars mod. PM me :)
Darkfrost

Postby Darkfrost » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:40 pm

I'll doublecheck the ship position exporting :) I might've saved the values incorrectly!
Love FTL? Wish you could fly around in the USS Enterprise, the Tardis, or a ship that looks just like your own face? Check out FTLEdit, a ship editor for FTL, so you can create your own custom ships and play them!
Don't forget to share them too! :)
snakybo

Postby snakybo » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:11 pm

Can anyone explain how to use this program? I loaded the Kestrel_Easy, then I added a drone room (next to the teleport room) and then I just went to options and set everything to max, changed the crew, augmentations and weapons. (I did change the ID, Class and Name of the ship). The I Exported the .ftl file and patched the game using the modloader. However ingame I get the same problem as Kantei and none of the modifications I applied are there, no in the hangar or ingame.

I also tried it when I left the Class, ID and Name default.

And a second thing; I made a new ship from scratch and all, I exported it and patched it in the game, now where exactly can I find the ship I just made? It's not in the list of ships to start with.
Darkfrost

Postby Darkfrost » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:35 pm

PLAYER_SHIP_EASY isn't actually the kestrel, that's PLAYER_SHIP_HARD. I think the first one is used for the tutorial or something?
Love FTL? Wish you could fly around in the USS Enterprise, the Tardis, or a ship that looks just like your own face? Check out FTLEdit, a ship editor for FTL, so you can create your own custom ships and play them!
Don't forget to share them too! :)
snakybo

Postby snakybo » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:44 pm

Darkfrost wrote:PLAYER_SHIP_EASY isn't actually the kestrel, that's PLAYER_SHIP_HARD. I think the first one is used for the tutorial or something?

Ahh, I see now, now the changes I made work, still have the background-room positioning problem trough.

EDIT:
In the options screen choose "Burst Laser Mark III (LASER_BURST_5)" in all 4 slots, Starting slots at 4 but I still seem to get 2 weapons when I start a game with it

EDIT 2:
I might have found ^ that problem, if I export it and manually edit the "blueprints.xml.append" file that's inside the .ftl, there are a ton of things I changed but that didn't write in the file, for example: It had 4 drones instead of 2 I set in the option window, there were 2 weapons instead of 4.

Also, is it possible to edit the starting power?
Kantei

Postby Kantei » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:44 am

Darkfrost wrote:I'll doublecheck the ship position exporting :) I might've saved the values incorrectly!

Any word on a fix?