Gen(erated) Ship creation tutorial
A Gen ship is a ship model thingy that is used by the game's event manager and ship shops.
The easiest way to make gen ships for now is by using a dev shipyard system ingame.
There are differences in the first steps of how to do this for different versions of the game.
1. Go to Tachyon\Server\WorldGen\ folder
2. There you can see 3 folders: Events, GenShips, GenShips_dev
3. Rename the GenShips folder to something else, and rename the GenShips_dev to GenShips
1. Go to Server\WorldGen\Events\ and open the WorldGen.xml
2. There are 2 events in that file:
and another one with:
The first one is disabled because it's written as event2
3. Enable the first event (remove the 2) and disable the second one (make it event2)
4. Now clear the server database - either manually remove the database folder or run the cleandb.bat(in this case the user logins are kept)
5. Then start the server, connect to it and you will spawn on a station that has a shypyard system installed on it.
6. Go to the shipyard system and find your ship there.
Note: The shipyard system is not user friendly so if you have too many ship or system models they might not fin on the screen,
and there's no way to scroll. So to access the ones you need, remove the ship/system models from the models folder before starting the server.
But don't forget to move them back once you're done.
7. Install all the systems you want to have on your ship and hit create.
8. Your ship will be created near the station, but you will not exit the shipyard screen(so it seems as if nothing happened)
9. When the ship is created it will have name = RACE_CLASS_LEVEL_<What ever name you've entered in the shipyard screen>
Note: If you want to create 2 ships with the same RACE, CLASS, and LEVEL then be sure to give them diferent names in the shipyard screen.
Othewise only one of them will be saved in the end.
10. Once you have your gen ship ready - stop the server - by closing the server window, it will auto save all the ships in the database.
11. Go to Server\DataBase\Ships\ folder there you will see folders for each ship, folder name = ship's ID.
12. By default ships have ID's like 1c89fce8-2684-4b15-8e9c-13546ba43fb9.
13. But Gen ships that were made with the shipyard system have their ID's = Ship's name
14. So if you have created a HUMAN, STATION, LEVEL4, named ASTER_BASE look for folder named HUMAN_STATION_L4_ASTER_BASE.
That is your Gen ship.
15. Copy this gen ship folder into the GenShips folder that you have renamed in pt. 3
16. Now you have a gen ship that you can reference in the Events.
17. Revert the changes that you did in pt. 3
Shops (Price and Rarity):
By default teh Gen Ship's RARITY = 100. And price = 0
It means that this ship will never appear in the shops.
If you do want to have your Gen ship appear in the Trader's shops then:
1. Go inside the Gen ship's folder.
2. Open the data.dat file with notepad(or any other tool)
3. Change the RARITY value to whatever you want.
Notes: no space chars near the = sign, and all ship parameter should be on a separate line
4. Add a line PRICE=150 (or what ever price you want your ship's hull to have by default)
5. Save the file.
6. Now your ship will appear in the shops.
Note: The actuall price the trader will charge for the ship can vary.
Last edited by kcd.Spektor
on Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.