GIVE THIS SHIP A HOME!

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Ora_unit_SR388

GIVE THIS SHIP A HOME!

Postby Ora_unit_SR388 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:35 pm

Hey guys,

I have this ship texture from when I last was in the ftl community. This ship was to be called the Drika. I found the ship in my files today, and I couldn't let it not become a mod, as it is truly a beautiful ship. I don't have the time to make it a mod, so if anyone wants to fix it up, be my guest!

Here is a zip of all of the ship files (destroyed parts, awesome shield, cloak, and room layout)
https://anonfiles.com/file/43107cba0bda ... a37bdc2cce

I initially envisioned it as a cruiser that used a beam to breach through a ships hull, and asphyxiate the crew. I may have more files, PM me if you want them.
NewAgeOfPower

Re: GIVE THIS SHIP A HOME!

Postby NewAgeOfPower » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:47 am

This ship is worthy of being given a home. However, these posts should normally go to the Shipyard thread.

I see this is a heavily Mantis-derived spliced (vanilla component, copy pasta) hull. What was your plan for it's users?

If you checked out the last few pages of the Shipyard, I was begging for hull graphics for my mod. I'll probably be willing to use this hull, but I need to know more about it's vision.

How does it deal with Lanius? Automated Ships? Heavily shielded warships? Weaknesses, or are the things I named it's weaknesses? What is it's primary defensive strategy?
Requiem. The first in the Ascension trilogy. Current version: 0.6 BETA.

Get your Ascension Faction siggys here!
Ora_unit_SR388

Re: GIVE THIS SHIP A HOME!

Postby Ora_unit_SR388 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:23 am

NewAgeOfPower wrote:This ship is worthy of being given a home. However, these posts should normally go to the Shipyard thread.

I see this is a heavily Mantis-derived spliced (vanilla component, copy pasta) hull. What was your plan for it's users?

If you checked out the last few pages of the Shipyard, I was begging for hull graphics for my mod. I'll probably be willing to use this hull, but I need to know more about it's vision.

How does it deal with Lanius? Automated Ships? Heavily shielded warships? Weaknesses, or are the things I named it's weaknesses? What is it's primary defensive strategy?

Ya, I pretty much spiced everything but the sheilding.

The idea was to come in and make large breaches in the hull with a lazer that had breachchance set to ten. It had one boarding drone as well. It came with a sheild generator that had only one bar in start, but it also has a cloaking device. Idk how I would have it deal with the Lanius, maybe it could have a small lazer to start off?