[Mod][WIP][ON HOLD] FTL: Engi Conspiracy Mod

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Mommothazaz123

[Mod][WIP][ON HOLD] FTL: Engi Conspiracy Mod

Postby Mommothazaz123 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:14 am

ABANDONING IN 1 WEEK UNLESS OVERWHELMING REQUEST

If you've never read the Engi Conspiracy story before, go to viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4817
This mod is not exactly like the story, but the general plot is the same.
It will start you in the hanger, and it will be a harder(or easier, may need to nerf boarding) play-through of FTL until sector 8, where the Rebel Flagship is the three different ships.

To do list:
1. Finish three boss ships
2. Playtest
3. Make more player ships
4. ART-AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

There is also the problem of when this takes place. Is the Rebel Flagship still a concern or has the Federation defeated it? Or is the galaxy controlled by the Rebels and in complete anarchy?

Note: mod is on hold due to real life

Download: WIP

Screenshots: WIP (oh yeah, should probably take screenshots)

Other authors are free and welcome to PM me with ideas and suggestions for the mod.
I'd be happy to include your ship in the mod.

Help requested:
Making enemy ships (especially Engi ships)
Making events
Making player ships
Making weapons or ideas for weapons
Making drones

If you are interested in any of the above, please PM me or reply to the thread.
Last edited by Mommothazaz123 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:20 am, edited 9 times in total.
Mommothazaz123

Re: FTL: Engi Conspiracy Mod

Postby Mommothazaz123 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:25 am

Update: The form for creating new events is out: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1H0U_2y ... =send_form

The Vengance is complete!
META_mahn wrote://REPORT//

We have made a new ship.

Ship Name: Vengance
Ship Class: Stealth Light Frigate

Ship carries an incredibly dangerous weapon to the Engi, a prototype artillery particle cannon that pierces all shields and deals large amounts of hull damage on impact.
The trick is to survive until it charges to full.
The particle cannon is disguised as the main engine.
Do NOT let the engi get their hands on this.
Ship has also been equipped with a scuttling device that activates when all allied crew are dead to prevent the Engi from obtaining said weapon.

As indicated by Vice Admiral Tharsis, these Engi, who have actually gone rogue, as indicated by Engi Unit Name: Random Commander who has informed me of the corrupted code inside those Engi.
We have also published a patch for the Mind Control system that suppresses the corrupted code, enabling the target to fight back until the unit either dies or the mind control wears off.
The patch has been published as an audio file, but you should be able to change the file extension in order to make the mind control usable.

Currently researching the Rebel Flagship superweapon.
Research progress: We can re-create it, but we need it to be more power efficient.

Also creating a battleship-class (two tiers below flagship, small flagship is the next tier above battleship, then flagship) ship.

-Federation Laboratories, Report 375231-B

Currently it does not fight the Engi Flagship but rather the Rebel Flagship (events are hard :cry: ). Consider it a test run against the second most powerful ship known to man, the Rebel Flagship.

Download (Replaces Stealth C): http://www.mediafire.com/download/3ixdd ... tealth.ftl

Screenshots: Haven't actually play-tested it, but the stuff works
Last edited by Mommothazaz123 on Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
DarkPhoenix141

Re: [Mod][WIP] FTL: Engi Conspiracy Mod

Postby DarkPhoenix141 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:23 pm

Oh my gawd I need this now...

Okay, here's a few suggestions (Nothing too taxing...I hope):

- Engi drone ships: I recommend two types: A standard hacked Rebel and Federation (Maybe a few Engi type markings on the default Rebel Drone) drone. And a hacked Planetary defense drone, with heavy artillery, but with low evasion..

- New Engi ships: Using the basic Engi ship as a base, you could add some stuff to it with some minor design changes. Give it some severe weaponry and make it menacing.

- The Flagship. Using the Rebel ship as a base, you could change the color, and change a few parts to look more Engi like.

Also it should have drones in the first stage.
This is no easy mission...

BUT YOU SON. YOU WERE BORN FOR IT.

And remember:

GODS WILL BE WATCHING
Mommothazaz123

Postby Mommothazaz123 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:47 pm

DarkPhoenix141 wrote:Oh my gawd I need this now...

- Engi drone ships: I recommend two types: A standard hacked Rebel and Federation (Maybe a few Engi type markings on the default Rebel Drone) drone. And a hacked Planetary defense drone, with heavy artillery, but with low evasion..

- New Engi ships: Using the basic Engi ship as a base, you could add some stuff to it with some minor design changes. Give it some severe weaponry and make it menacing.

- The Flagship. Using the Rebel ship as a base, you could change the color, and change a few parts to look more Engi like.

I'm currently having problems implementing custom weaponry, so that may take a while.

However, what you're looking for can easily be accomplished by making a few ship mods.
I'll see if I can get that out by next week.

So we're assuming that this takes place about the same time as the normal FTL plot?

I'm thinking that Engis should use lots of ion weaponry, combined with perhaps a beam or lasers.
If they use missiles, they will have the explosive replicator augment.

... If this follows the story that the carrier fired just after jumping, Engi ships will be equipped with Pre-Igniters. :twisted:
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:21 am

Mommothazaz123 wrote:

I'm currently having problems implementing custom weaponry, so that may take a while.

However, what you're looking for can easily be accomplished by making a few ship mods.

So we're assuming that this takes place about the same time as the normal FTL plot?

I'm thinking that Engis should use lots of ion weaponry, combined with perhaps a beam or lasers.

... If this follows the story that the carrier fired just after jumping, Engi ships will be equipped with Pre-Igniters. :twisted:

Or maybe only the engi fleet and the flagship? :|
Mommothazaz123

Postby Mommothazaz123 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:21 am

agigabyte wrote:
Mommothazaz123 wrote:

Or maybe only the engi fleet and the flagship? :|

Probably, I was joking. :mrgreen: Anyway, the first alpha release of the mod (player ship and Engi ships) will not have many events changed, so there will be some story discrepancies.
DarkPhoenix141

Postby DarkPhoenix141 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:07 am

Mommothazaz123 wrote:

With advanced edition you can make lasers deal hull damage AND ion damage.

Some weapons do this already, so it's a simple:
Create new weapon, copy and paste ion and hull damage script, make design for weapon, be done, wonder how you got this far.

And remember:

GODS WILL BE WATCHING
Mommothazaz123

Postby Mommothazaz123 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:25 pm

I would do that, but FTL crashes every time I make a new weapon. I'm not sure what's causing this. Perhaps in a later release of the mod?
DarkPhoenix141

Postby DarkPhoenix141 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:16 pm

Mommothazaz123 wrote:I would do that, but FTL crashes every time I make a new weapon. I'm not sure what's causing this. Perhaps in a later release of the mod?

Do you get a specific error?

FTL might not like having a weapon with out any model (Or a copied model).

And remember:

GODS WILL BE WATCHING
Mommothazaz123

Postby Mommothazaz123 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:56 am

DarkPhoenix141 wrote:
Mommothazaz123 wrote:I would do that, but FTL crashes every time I make a new weapon. I'm not sure what's causing this. Perhaps in a later release of the mod?

Do you get a specific error?

FTL might not like having a weapon with out any model (Or a copied model).

Never mind, I'm an idiot.
Custom weapons are working! (yay) The problem was that I was trying to make a weapon use over four power, which apparently crashes the game.
The current problem is that my computer is unstable- it has crashed twice already, and it's not due to FTL. I'm working on that now.