[Tool] Superluminal 2.2.1 - FTL Ship Editor

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
kartoFlane

Re: [Tool] Superluminal2 beta 8

Postby kartoFlane » Sat May 31, 2014 11:26 am

@5thHorseman
This happens when you install mods with SMM while the editor is running. Either don't do that, or use File > Reload Database as soon as you return to the editor.
Updated the FAQ with this question, though I thought I've already done that...

FtDLulz wrote:Drone count does not seem to actually update, it resets itself to 2.

Nice find -- got that fixed.

FtDLulz wrote:Also, when I go ingame, the enemy ship hull is invisible. Thirdly, when setting a enemy ship's weapon list to 'WEAPONS_FREE', it spawns with no weapons. I'm assuming that's because there's only three weapons in the list and the weapon count is 4 for the enemy ship, but I could be wrong.

Edit 3: Just tested with a list with four weapons, still didn't show any. Set it to WEAPONS_JELLY and it worked.

No idea why that is *shrug* I remember there were some issues with enemy hulls, but I've never figured out the cause. Sleeper is much more experienced than I am when it comes to enemy ships, so you may want to ask him instead.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
FtDLulz

Postby FtDLulz » Sat May 31, 2014 6:00 pm

I fixed the no hull image by making a ships_glow folder and putting the _base.png in that as well. Still stuck on the no weapons thing, but it's a start!

Edit: Fixed the weapons, just had to put five or more into the blueprintList.
Vortex Modworks

Postby Vortex Modworks » Sat May 31, 2014 7:19 pm

You said that you did 'some preliminary work on gibs', how close is the actual Gib Tool to being released?
Great job on the editor by the way, me and many others that aren't really that good in .xml coding wouldn't be able to make complete ships without it. :) Thanks.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:07 am

I don't know if there is a problem with artillery, but I can't exactly test this.

Excerpts from somewhere else:
RAD-82 wrote:How long did it take you to realize that you replaced the Flak Artillery with the Artillery Beam?
VanguardOfValor wrote:Not long after the first episode was recorded. I went to investigate why I had a beam blue option and figured it out (and replaced it with the Artillery Flak again), but I'm still not sure why it replaced it, because when I created the mod all I did was load the original Federation Cruiser C and then change some of the visuals...

So, does the editor have any issues of setting the artillery weapon to ARTILLERY_FED when loading a ship or saving a ship?
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:39 am

RAD-82 wrote:So, does the editor have any issues of setting the artillery weapon to ARTILLERY_FED when loading a ship or saving a ship?

Yup -- currently the artillery system is loaded without the new 'weapon' attribute, as I've yet to figure out how to handle it nicely. For now, the editor defaults to ARTILLERY_FED for every artillery. Sorry :(

Vortex Modworks wrote:You said that you did 'some preliminary work on gibs', how close is the actual Gib Tool to being released?

Still far. The "preliminary work" basically amounted to loading the gib images, and copying code from manipulation tool over to gib tool and change it to only select/highlight gibs.

I still need to actually code the controls for direction, and angular and linear velocities, and decide the final UI layout... For now, I'm considering making the Gib Tool part of the Creation Tool, used to only place the gibs -- actual modification would happen with Manipulation Tool, layering could be changed via Ship Overview. I like it, because it fits nicely into what I already have in place in the editor, but feels kinda clunky...
NewAgeOfPower

Postby NewAgeOfPower » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:54 am

kartoFlane wrote:I live in Europe, and as far as I know, the wallet only works for people based in the US... :?

=/

K. Let me know if you find another way for me to give you some money.

Thank you for your work. Without the handy editor in vanilla, I'd have quit quarter way instead of halfway.
Requiem. The first in the Ascension trilogy. Current version: 0.6 BETA.

Get your Ascension Faction siggys here!
FtDLulz

Postby FtDLulz » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:28 pm

Found an odd bug; loaded a mod, loaded a ship from it, and the weapons were invisible, besides the dummy one. After I closed the ship and reloaded the data base, I went back to load ship and clicked on jelly cruiser 3, and it crashed.

Code: Select all

10:14:04.291 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.Cache - db:img/ship/circle_cruiser_3_base.png - resource contains invalid data: SWTException: Unsupported or unrecognized format
10:14:08.729 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.Cache - db:img/ship/jelly_cruiser_base.png - resource contains invalid data: SWTException: Unsupported or unrecognized format
10:14:11.233 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.Cache - db:img/ship/jelly_cruiser_base.png - resource contains invalid data: SWTException: Unsupported or unrecognized format
10:14:16.594 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.Cache - db:img/weapons/laser2_strip12.png - resource contains invalid data: SWTException: Unsupported or unrecognized format
10:14:16.595 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.Cache - db:img/weapons/beam_bio_strip8.png - resource contains invalid data: SWTException: Unsupported or unrecognized format
10:14:16.597 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.Cache - db:img/weapons/beam_fire_strip10.png - resource contains invalid data: SWTException: Unsupported or unrecognized format
10:14:16.614 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.Cache - db:img/customizeUI/custom_main.png - resource contains invalid data: SWTException: Unsupported or unrecognized format
10:22:04.041 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.Cache - db:img/weapons/beam_fire_strip10.png - resource contains invalid data: SWTException: Unsupported or unrecognized format
10:22:05.376 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.Cache - db:img/weapons/beam_fire_strip10.png - resource contains invalid data: SWTException: Unsupported or unrecognized format
10:22:06.017 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.Cache - db:img/weapons/beam_bio_strip8.png - resource contains invalid data: SWTException: Unsupported or unrecognized format
10:22:06.592 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.Cache - db:img/weapons/beam_bio_strip8.png - resource contains invalid data: SWTException: Unsupported or unrecognized format
10:22:08.175 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.Cache - db:img/weapons/beam_bio_strip8.png - resource contains invalid data: SWTException: Unsupported or unrecognized format
10:22:08.946 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.Cache - db:img/weapons/blank.png - resource contains invalid data: SWTException: Unsupported or unrecognized format
10:22:09.425 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.Cache - db:img/weapons/beam_2_strip10.png - resource contains invalid data: SWTException: Unsupported or unrecognized format
10:22:12.051 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.Cache - db:img/weapons/bomblauncher_breach_strip17.png - resource contains invalid data: SWTException: Unsupported or unrecognized format
10:22:12.474 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.Cache - db:img/weapons/bomblauncher_repair_strip17.png - resource contains invalid data: SWTException: Unsupported or unrecognized format
10:22:12.914 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.Cache - db:img/weapons/bomblauncher_breach_strip17.png - resource contains invalid data: SWTException: Unsupported or unrecognized format
10:22:14.675 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.Cache - db:img/weapons/beam_3_strip10.png - resource contains invalid data: SWTException: Unsupported or unrecognized format
10:22:15.325 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.Cache - db:img/weapons/beam_2_strip10.png - resource contains invalid data: SWTException: Unsupported or unrecognized format
10:22:15.781 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.Cache - db:img/weapons/blank.png - resource contains invalid data: SWTException: Unsupported or unrecognized format
10:22:16.409 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.Cache - db:img/weapons/beam_1_strip8.png - resource contains invalid data: SWTException: Unsupported or unrecognized format
10:22:16.993 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.Cache - db:img/weapons/beam_3_strip10.png - resource contains invalid data: SWTException: Unsupported or unrecognized format
10:22:18.449 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.Cache - db:img/weapons/beam_bio_strip8.png - resource contains invalid data: SWTException: Unsupported or unrecognized format
10:22:19.241 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.Cache - db:img/weapons/beam_fire_strip10.png - resource contains invalid data: SWTException: Unsupported or unrecognized format
10:22:28.417 [Thread-18] DEBUG com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.EditorWindow - Reloading Database...
10:22:28.561 [Thread-18] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: CRYSTAL_1: could not find animation 'crystal_shard'.
10:22:28.796 [Thread-18] TRACE com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore was loaded successfully.
10:22:44.930 [main] ERROR com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - An error has occured and the editor was forced to terminate. java.lang.IllegalStateException: zip file closed
   at java.util.zip.ZipFile.ensureOpen(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.zip.ZipFile.getEntry(Unknown Source)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry.contains(DatabaseEntry.java:117)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.Database.contains(Database.java:358)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ftl.ShipMetadata.firstExisting(ShipMetadata.java:83)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ftl.ShipMetadata.getHullImagePath(ShipMetadata.java:77)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.ShipLoaderDialog$2.widgetSelected(ShipLoaderDialog.java:229)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal.main(Superluminal.java:264)
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:38 pm

FtDLulz wrote:Found an odd bug; loaded a mod, loaded a ship from it, and the weapons were invisible, besides the dummy one. After I closed the ship and reloaded the data base, I went back to load ship and clicked on jelly cruiser 3, and it crashed.

Nice one again, FtDLulz :) Got it fixed
NoShotz

Postby NoShotz » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:43 am

i keep crashing when i launch the program, and i do not know how to fix it, i have tried verifying the game cache, and i have all the requirements to be able to run the program

Code: Select all

07:39:49.226 [main] DEBUG com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Superluminal v2.0.0 beta8
07:39:49.236 [main] DEBUG com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Windows 7 6.1
07:39:49.237 [main] DEBUG com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM, 1.7.0_60-ea, x86
07:39:49.253 [main] DEBUG com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - SWT v4335
07:39:49.427 [main] TRACE com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Loading properties from config file...
07:39:49.519 [main] INFO  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Using FTL dats path from config: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\FTL Faster Than Light\resources
07:39:49.934 [main] TRACE com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Loading dat archives...
07:39:50.187 [main] TRACE com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Loading database...
07:39:51.043 [Thread-2] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: CRYSTAL_1: could not find animation 'crystal_shard'.
07:39:52.315 [Thread-2] TRACE com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore was loaded successfully.
07:39:52.366 [main] INFO  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Checking for updates...
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:40 pm

@NoShotz
So the editor is launching correctly, but apparently crashes during the update check... That's all the log's telling me though, it doesn't tell me why it's crashing, which is odd.

I would appreciate if you could provide me more info on this error. When you launch the editor via one of the .exe files, the command line window appears (the black box with text messages in it). When the editor crashes, it'll print the stack trace to this window. If you could post a screenshot of that, it'd make it much easier for me to fix.

For now, you can work around this issue by opening the config file (editor.cfg), and disabling auto updates. Find the entry 'checkUpdatesOnStartup', and set it to false. Save the file and try launching the editor again.