Grognak's Mod Manager v1.7 (Updated March 6, 2013!)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
MIKE_FROM_STATEFARM

Re: Grognak's Mod Manager v1.5 (Updated Dec 19 2012!)

Postby MIKE_FROM_STATEFARM » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:50 pm

i am having trouble adding mods there is a window with black and white text that pops up for a second and then closes i need help got any advice? ps i bought ftl off steam would that have anything to do with it?
Macspt

Postby Macspt » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:18 pm

MIKE_FROM_STATEFARM wrote:i am having trouble adding mods there is a window with black and white text that pops up for a second and then closes i need help got any advice? ps i bought ftl off steam would that have anything to do with it?

Can you give us some info Mike?
1. What version of Mac OS X are you using?
2. Did you follow the install instructions on and update your Python version to 2.7.3?
3. Which step exactly is not working? Is it after you copy the mod files to the appropriate place? Do your mod files show up in GMM? Does the problem occur after you press the PATCH button?
4. Can you post a screen shot of the box that you are talking about?

Thanks!
MIKE_FROM_STATEFARM

Postby MIKE_FROM_STATEFARM » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:21 pm

i believe i followed the install instructions don't know how to update python and here IS screen shot of what showed up i am using windows seven 64 bit the part that doesn't work is when i place the mods to the file into the steam apps/ /game ftl / i can't post a screen shot its says the file size is too big
MIKE_FROM_STATEFARM

Postby MIKE_FROM_STATEFARM » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:32 pm

MIKE_FROM_STATEFARM wrote:i believe i followed the install instructions don't know how to update python and here IS screen shot of what showed up i am using windows seven 64 bit the part that doesn't work is when i place the mods to the file into the steam apps/ /game ftl / i can't post a screen shot its says the file size is too big

This is what it says on the black box:
C:\pROGRAM fILES (X86)\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\FTL FASTER THAN LIGHT

tRACEBACK <MOST RECENT CALL LAST>:
File "<string>", line 417, in <module>
File "D:\My Documents\projects\ftl mod man\ build\pyi.win32\main\out00-PYZ.pyz\configParser", line 368, in getboolean
File "D:\My Documents\projects\ftl mod man\ build\pyi.win32\main\out00-PYZ.pyz\configParser", line 607, in get
ConfigPrser.NosectionError: No section: 'settings'

Thats it
MIKE_FROM_STATEFARM

Postby MIKE_FROM_STATEFARM » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:17 am

MIKE_FROM_STATEFARM wrote:
MIKE_FROM_STATEFARM wrote:i believe i followed the install instructions don't know how to update python and here IS screen shot of what showed up i am using windows seven 64 bit the part that doesn't work is when i place the mods to the file into the steam apps/ /game ftl / i can't post a screen shot its says the file size is too big

This is what it says on the black box:
C:\pROGRAM fILES (X86)\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\FTL FASTER THAN LIGHT

tRACEBACK <MOST RECENT CALL LAST>:
File "<string>", line 417, in <module>
File "D:\My Documents\projects\ftl mod man\ build\pyi.win32\main\out00-PYZ.pyz\configParser", line 368, in getboolean
File "D:\My Documents\projects\ftl mod man\ build\pyi.win32\main\out00-PYZ.pyz\configParser", line 607, in get
ConfigPrser.NosectionError: No section: 'settings'

Thats it

sorry found what i did wrong forgot to add a file works well great mod tool just an idiot thanks
Macspt

Postby Macspt » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:36 pm

benjaminhf wrote:Could someone PLEASE, PLEASE, make a video of how to install this on mac.
There are a few post about how to do it but none of them make sence to me.
I would be so thankful if someone would make a video about how to do it.

Thanks, Benjamin

Installing GMM v1.5 for Mac OS X 10.6 and higher.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RZfsbIG ... tube_gdata

Mod Placement order under Mac OS X 10.6 and higher.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjuQGgM4 ... tube_gdata

Installing GMM v1.5 for Windows-7.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY4-_YkuRGU

Mod Placement order under Windows-7.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruc2dxSgX1k

Hope it helps!
Last edited by Macspt on Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
Parzival23803

Postby Parzival23803 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:59 pm

I believe I am close to installing this, please help. I can get as far as adding all the Grognak components from an extracted folder after downloading the latest version of it. FTL works at this point. Next I run the modman app and get this:

C:\Program Files (x86) \Steam\SteamApps\common\FTL Faster Than Light

Unable to open SCSI controller 0: [/] , error code: 0x5
Unable to open SCSI controller 1: [/] , error code: 0x5

Modman then opens as normal, I choose Beginning Scrap Advantage, as that is my only mod, click Patch, and run the game. It then gives me a blank white screen, then a white box in a black screen, and finally crashes with a standard windows error message.
Could someone point out my mistake?
Grognak

Postby Grognak » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:34 am

Macspt wrote:
benjaminhf wrote:Could someone PLEASE, PLEASE, make a video of how to install this on mac.
There are a few post about how to do it but none of them make sence to me.
I would be so thankful if someone would make a video about how to do it.

Thanks, Benjamin

Here is my video on install GMM.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RZfsbIG ... tube_gdata

Here is a video on Mod placement:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjuQGgM4 ... tube_gdata

Hope it helps!

That's great great great, thank you! I updated the front post with your video guides.

(By the way, "Grog" in Grognak is pronounced like how the beverage is pronounced :lol: No worries though, those two videos are great stuff. My one concern though is that replacing code should no longer be necessary, since the change is already present with 1.5.)

Parzival23803 wrote:I believe I am close to installing this, please help. I can get as far as adding all the Grognak components from an extracted folder after downloading the latest version of it. FTL works at this point. Next I run the modman app and get this:

C:\Program Files (x86) \Steam\SteamApps\common\FTL Faster Than Light

Unable to open SCSI controller 0: [/] , error code: 0x5
Unable to open SCSI controller 1: [/] , error code: 0x5

Modman then opens as normal, I choose Beginning Scrap Advantage, as that is my only mod, click Patch, and run the game. It then gives me a blank white screen, then a white box in a black screen, and finally crashes with a standard windows error message.
Could someone point out my mistake?

That is a very odd error. Can you please uninstall python, re-download version 2.7.3, install it and try again?
Parzival23803

Postby Parzival23803 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:30 am

Wait a minute. I have windows and got the game on steam. I've never messed with python before. All of the python files I have are in Civilization 4. That would be funny in a way, if that was in fact the problem. Can you tell me the default location for python? Also, I forgot to mention, when I patched the game, FTL didn't autorun, I went into steam and opened it.

EDIT: I got python and it runs fine. Thanks for the fix, now I can have a star destroyer :D
boa13

Postby boa13 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:58 am

There are several distributions of Python, so the Python installation directory depends on which Python distribution you used.

You say you have Python files in Civilization 4. I have read that Civilization 4 itself handles those files, in other words, Civilization 4 contains a private Python distribution. That Python distribution most likely cannot be used to run other Python scripts on the machine.

So, if you have not done so already, you should download the latest Python 2 installer from the official Python page, and use that. The official download page is here: http://www.python.org/download/ The version you want is, at the time of writing, Python 2.7.3 (second part of the download page). There are two installers for Windows, and two installers for Mac, install the one that best corresponds to your operating system.

Do not install Python 3, as the Mod Manager is not compatible with that new major version.
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.