Grognak's Mod Manager v1.7 (Updated March 6, 2013!)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
ken oh

Re: Grognak's Mod Manager v1.4 (Updated Oct 16 2012!)

Postby ken oh » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:25 pm

ankorite wrote:So I changed line 407 from

Code: Select all

dir_root = realpath[:realpath.rindex("\\")]
to

dir_root = os.path.dirname(realpath)

That got it working for me on Ubuntu 12.04 x86 and 12.10 amd64.
I can post a patch to the github but it sounds like there has already been one proposed.

Cheers!

Thanks, ankorite! Now, it's giving me an error, haha.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "main.py", line 417, in <module>
    allowzip = cfg.getboolean("settings", "allowzip")
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ConfigParser.py", line 368, in getboolean
    v = self.get(section, option)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ConfigParser.py", line 607, in get
    raise NoSectionError(section)
ConfigParser.NoSectionError: No section: 'settings'

I tried deleting line 417 and now am now getting the Tkinter pop-up error about it not being in the correct directory. I'm actually fuzzy on that too, because I don't know exactly which directory its supposed to be in or even what exactly from the package it's supposed to have.

Do I...
A. Put the entire folder of "Grognaks Mod Manager v1.4" in the game's directory?
B. Only put the contents of "Grognaks Mod Manager v1.4" in there (i.e. just modman.ini, readme.txt, mods/, and src/)?

Even if I could just start from there, I would have a better time finding which directory I should put it in, in the end.

Thanks!
alextfish

Postby alextfish » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:02 pm

You should put the contents of the GMM directory into your FTL directory. Once you've extracted it correctly, your FTL directory should contain directories called "mods", "licenses", "resources" and "src" (and possibly "crashlogs"). It should also contain "FTLGame.exe" (which launches the game) and "modman.exe" (which launches GMM).
Many years ago I created the FTL Starcraft mod: 18 new challenging ships to fly through the FTL universe!, and wrote a tutorial on creating your own FTL ships. They haven't been updated for AE though.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:45 pm

alextfish wrote:You should put the contents of the GMM directory into your FTL directory. Once you've extracted it correctly, your FTL directory should contain directories called "mods", "licenses", "resources" and "src" (and possibly "crashlogs"). It should also contain "FTLGame.exe" (which launches the game) and "modman.exe" (which launches GMM).

Yep...nothing

Guess I need to wait for 1.5 when its improved
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
dante2ndadvent

Postby dante2ndadvent » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:37 am

Got it working. Man this thing is cool, if only all mods on other games worked this well. I take back all the mean things I said about Grognak.
SumiumOxide

Postby SumiumOxide » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:53 am

Simple question, is there an easy way to create .ftl files? Just renaming a .zip file doesn't work for me.
Grognak

Re: Grognak's Mod Manager v1.4.1 (Updated Nov 9 2012!)

Postby Grognak » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:08 am

Version 1.4.1 released with hopefully working Mac/Linux support (thanks for the commit.)
Whale Cancer

Postby Whale Cancer » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:16 am

SumiumOxide wrote:Simple question, is there an easy way to create .ftl files? Just renaming a .zip file doesn't work for me.

That is all .ftl files are.

Edit: So, any problems you have are being caused by something else.
Contribute to help save the Whales from their various diseases! *DELAYED* Should release the skeleton with the main quests attached by the end of the week (By NOV 9)! *DELAYED* Don't listen to my dates! Things always seem to come up!
SumiumOxide

Postby SumiumOxide » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:10 am

Whale Cancer wrote:That is all .ftl files are.

Well whenever I rename it, it just becomes, say, mod.ftl.zip
I'm running windows 7, so i'm guessing it's an OS issue?
Whale Cancer

Postby Whale Cancer » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:03 am

SumiumOxide wrote:
Whale Cancer wrote:That is all .ftl files are.

Well whenever I rename it, it just becomes, say, mod.ftl.zip
I'm running windows 7, so i'm guessing it's an OS issue?

Well, more like user error. You need to enable "show file extensions" and change the actual file extension (by default, windows 7 only highlights the file name and not the extension). As it stands, you are just adding '.ftl' between the file name and the file extension.
Contribute to help save the Whales from their various diseases! *DELAYED* Should release the skeleton with the main quests attached by the end of the week (By NOV 9)! *DELAYED* Don't listen to my dates! Things always seem to come up!
SumiumOxide

Postby SumiumOxide » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:44 am

Whale Cancer wrote:Well, more like user error. You need to enable "show file extensions" and change the actual file extension (by default, windows 7 only highlights the file name and not the extension). As it stands, you are just adding '.ftl' between the file name and the file extension.

Ah, thank you good sir. Sorry for being rather incompetent at this, first time doing this kind of stuff.