[MOD][WIP]The Arcadian War - Collaboration Mod

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
SomeFederationPerson

Re: [MOD][WIP]The Arcadian War - Collaboration Mod

Postby SomeFederationPerson » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:55 am

This......will look like the best mod ever :D i'm pumped

oh btw any chance will this go on, its made by xlander

Last edited by SomeFederationPerson on Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
SomeFederationPerson

Postby SomeFederationPerson » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:09 am

Anthonest wrote:UPDATE

Arcadian Elite Fighter, still need to make regular one.

AMAZING !!!!!!!! BEST FIGHTER EVER :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:18 am

SomeFederationPerson wrote:

He didn't make it alone. -cough cough- :roll:
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
SomeFederationPerson

Postby SomeFederationPerson » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:16 am

R4V3-0N wrote:

oh well, well done both of you :D , its probably one of the best space ships i've seen ever created in FTL, I'm guessing you can't play it right
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:55 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:

oh well, well done both of you :D , its probably one of the best space ships i've seen ever created in FTL, I'm guessing you can't play it right

You can't play that ship... but you can play this ship.

And this ship....

and soon these two ships

And more coming soon. :)
(these ships are 100% designed by me using some original free hand work and some splicing. Me and Anthonest work together on this mod "The Arcadian War" and we'll soon move on to focusing on my overhaul "FTL: Engi Brigade" which centres the player not in the federation as an alone messanger to the last federation fleet but a person from the unit known as the "Engi brigade" (which is still vanilla, it's mentioned at the last stand and you talk to the commander briefly. You know... the engi that thinks you can single handedly kill the most powerful ship in the known universe in an out of date federation cruiser?), escaping the clutches of the rebels and go around from a different perspective with a lot less rebel encounters but way more mantis. As well as a mini side quest going to something well... it's a secrete. After FTL: EB is done. "Fondation of the Federation" is a mod me and anthonest really wish was not discontinued and we're planning to eventually to make it come back to life but we'll have to wait and see, nothing set in stone)

I wish I have more mods to show off but sadly. I have "I want to be perfect!!!1!" Syndrone. I actually have on my PC nearly 100 ship mods with all sortsa quirky weapons and looks and stuff. I even made a ship with only 3 systems/ rooms. But alas. I judge myself to harshly. I could possibly put the not used hauls on the shipyard thread. :roll:

Also I am glad to let you guys know that the creation of events for this mod is in the works. (I get to test all the events one by one. yay for me...). Me and him have a lack of experience with events so this will be a fun ride.

I said to much. :)
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:41 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:I wish I have more mods to show off but sadly. I have "I want to be perfect!!!1!" Syndrone. I actually have on my PC nearly 100 ship mods with all sortsa quirky weapons and looks and stuff.

We need a Rave-on megamod.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:13 am

NarnKar wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:I wish I have more mods to show off but sadly. I have "I want to be perfect!!!1!" Syndrone. I actually have on my PC nearly 100 ship mods with all sortsa quirky weapons and looks and stuff.

We need a Rave-on megamod.

Well I am working on the overhaul mod, Events, Weapons, Ships, Drones, etc

It'll take some time but if anyone can help with events then that'll help a lot. :)
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:27 am

IndustrialRobot wrote:I did have a few ideas for events:

A Federation ship is attempting to mine in the Arcadian territory, either fight, or negotiate, and he hands over the materials.

Another attempts to bribe you to keep quiet about his location, a pretty hefty bribe.

Humans board your ship, claiming to flee the Federation. Could actually join your crew if telling the truth, or sabotage your ship. Maybe spark Rebellion, based on unjust actions of targetting the Arcadians

One Question about the Lore:
Are other races helping the Arcadians as well? One race mainly side Federation, rarely see allies of such race? Or evenly split sides?

Id love to support this mod, and give help where needed (when it doesn't involve coding. I'm no coder :D)

Due to the timeline, The Engi will most likely be in the 'Federations pocket'. especially the fact they have a unit in the "last federation fleet" in the vanilla game.

Depending how far back the timeline is, The Zoltan could be also side with the Federation. The game does speak that they left due to the federations violent ways. This war between federation and Arcadian could be what sparked the Zoltans to lose faith in the Federation.
Rocks also may be sided with the Federation as they seem to have older ties with them but thought of them as squishy weak humans as how they got smashed by the Rebels in vanilla game... so at this time period this could be also where the Rockman was with the Federation. Another hint is how there is Rock workers in the hanger in vanilla game and other stuff.

Mantis hate humans with a strong passion and this could be spawned from say, this war was fought in Mantis homeworlds and sectors, ruining everything and hit hard by the war.

Mantis could be a faction that sided with the Arcadians. If the "Arc" eventually became the rebels many years later (possibly the fact they have nearly the same ships and similarities) The mantis in vanilla do seem to be with the Rebels, They rarely or never attack rebel ships and they sided with the Rebels in a plot to steal a top secret engi ship, Rebels and Engi in current FTL timeline in vanilla is atm in a peace pact but The Engi is the greatest ally to the Federation thus having the Mantis attack the Engi could be the way the Rebels hit the Other part of the Federation by attacking the Engi indirectly.

Slugs stay isolated so it can be what ever my friend wishes to be for his mod as lore wise it can go any way.
Crystal are atm very isolated and will be most likely untouched.
Lanius is mysterious and has been dormant for many years so I do not know how they'll fit here... (There 'sectors' in vanilla could be what is spawned from the Arc vs Fed war.) so yea... maybe another mysterious race like the crystal?.

This is just Theorycrafting. This mod is all up to what Anthonest does. He do what ever he wants but This is just what I think maaaaay happen that connects to the strands of lore that FTL has.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
SomeFederationPerson

Postby SomeFederationPerson » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:18 am

R4V3-ON

will the arcadian elite fighter be playable when released? :)

Oh and just wondering if you need any help i might able to help, right now I cannot mod, (although i will learn how to), i could come up with event ideas otherwise I'm really pumped for the mod and i encourage you all the way to complete it, so far looking excellent im looking forward to the mod! :D :D :D :D :D