ftl infinite space makes no sense

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
NonPlayableYoshi

Re: ftl infinite space makes no sense

Postby NonPlayableYoshi » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:30 pm

agigabyte wrote:Incorrect, you get such little scrap because sector progress is impossible for IS, so he CAN'T make you get more later.

Learn how the mod works.

I don't mod games. got it?
everything i was told in this forum is all i know about it. (other then the ship editor but it just codes a ship for you) and tell me if you meant to be nice but it sounds like your just trying to be an jerk to me so how about you just shut up and just help. it looks like they did that because of that. i even asked other people who played it(and don't mod games) and they guessed the same thing
Captain Ace's Journey
This is the story of Ace the mantis.
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:17 pm

NonPlayableYoshi wrote:
agigabyte wrote:Incorrect, you get such little scrap because sector progress is impossible for IS, so he CAN'T make you get more later.

Learn how the mod works.

I don't mod games. got it?
everything i was told in this forum is all i know about it. (other then the ship editor but it just codes a ship for you) and tell me if you meant to be nice but it sounds like your just trying to be an jerk to me so how about you just shut up and just help. it looks like they did that because of that. i even asked other people who played it(and don't mod games) and they guessed the same thing

Woah, woah!
Chill out, man!
I get what you're saying, but if you want me to help stop stating that I'm a jerk.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:38 pm

English Narwhal wrote:*multi-snip*

It's alright English, that was directed at agigabyte (if you check the quote).
And Gig, stop being so condescending, not everyone's familiar with the intricacies of FTL modding.

Yoshi, likewise there's no call to get nasty. A little background on IS, so that you understand a little more of its function:
-Infinite Space works by looping you through the Secret Sector at the end of Sector 1. This means functionally, you are always stuck at Sector 1, with rewards scaled accordingly. The result (not becoming godlike by Sector 5) is more a byproduct of that approach than an intended effect.
-The main method for handing out scrap and other rewards is an <autoreward> tag for when ships are destroyed or have their crew murdered, with three settings: "Low", "Med", and "High". Most encounters reward Low, since nailing an auto-scout or slug interceptor is nothing special.

To an earlier point, there is one event that removes an augment: The Zoltan quest with the stasis pod. It is hardcoded to automatically remove the Stasis Pod augment.
NonPlayableYoshi

Postby NonPlayableYoshi » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:46 pm

Kieve wrote:It's alright English, that was directed at agigabyte (if you check the quote).
And Gig, stop being so condescending, not everyone's familiar with the intricacies of FTL modding.

Yoshi, likewise there's no call to get nasty. A little background on IS, so that you understand a little more of its function:
-Infinite Space works by looping you through the Secret Sector at the end of Sector 1. This means functionally, you are always stuck at Sector 1, with rewards scaled accordingly. The result (not becoming godlike by Sector 5) is more a byproduct of that approach than an intended effect.
-The main method for handing out scrap and other rewards is an <autoreward> tag for when ships are destroyed or have their crew murdered, with three settings: "Low", "Med", and "High". Most encounters reward Low, since nailing an auto-scout or slug interceptor is nothing special.

To an earlier point, there is one event that removes an augment: The Zoltan quest with the stasis pod. It is hardcoded to automatically remove the Stasis Pod augment.

XD well thanks for trying to help out with the fighting

and yea English Narwhal i was not talking to you when i said that.
Captain Ace's Journey
This is the story of Ace the mantis.
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:00 pm

Sorry, I get really annoyed when people fail to read/research. Believe it or not, I have a cool temper IRL.
stickthemantis

Postby stickthemantis » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:52 pm

English Narwhal wrote:
NonPlayableYoshi wrote:
Your idea would work if we had any way to remove augments or blueprints... However, you could work around that by portraying, say, missiles as food, and then having an event that would by default kill a crewmember, and a blue option requiring 1 missile that allows the player to save all crew, but lose 1 missile.
Not sure how conditionals involving ammo work, though... I think the vanilla events are hardcoded in that regard.

what about something like this (IF you can code it):
Your crew is getting hungry. you stop to get some food
1.don't buy any food
One crew member dies
2.(30 or more scrap) Buy food
-30 scrap

It's not that hard to write, though that scrap cost is steep.

Its worth it to save a crewmember.
I'm Cyberboy2000, known as a modder and community leader of Invisible Inc.
I'm using this old account because I've been unable to get any verification email for a new account. Help with changing my name would be appreciated.