Slug mod

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Arcadium

Slug mod

Postby Arcadium » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:35 am

Um I don't know much about modding so I dunno if this will work but I was playing with slugs and started thinking about their telepathic abilities and boarding/teleporting. I was wondering if someone could make a mod for boarding enemy ships with slugs that could takeover enemy crew minds and make them your crew, perhaps after less than fifty health or if there if less than a certain amount of crew on board? I was thinking that you would only get to have one crew member per board, but if they have a variety of species you got to pick from like a menu. Maybe they would like immediately switch sides and start fighting alongside or just wait until when you defeat the rest of the enemy? Just any modder that could do something like this just post on here. Thanks
-Arcadium

Side notes: Maybe this could include a different ship model with slug crew and a teleporter?
Like I said earlier, learning to mod so if you could point me to any good guides or tips...
agigabyte

Re: Slug mod

Postby agigabyte » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:48 am

Hardcoding.
Michelle Johnson

Postby Michelle Johnson » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:40 am

Well, with AE comin' around, you'll be able to control minds with that. So, I guess you might be able to mod slugs to be able to control minds like the crystal do their lockdown ability.
Arcadium

Postby Arcadium » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:24 pm

Alright thanks. Maybe if you know anyone who could get on that or maybe do it yourselves. Not demanding just asking 'cause I'm really rather awful with programming. Thanks
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:52 am

This is a handy guide describing how to customise ships. Mind the hardcode limits though ;)
http://ftlwiki.com/wiki/Modding_Ships
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:55 pm

UltraMantis wrote:This is a handy guide describing how to customise ships. Mind the hardcode limits though ;)
http://ftlwiki.com/wiki/Modding_Ships

Mantis, I thought you of all people would remember that this thread belongs in one of the subforums...?
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:15 pm

Heh, didn't even look. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.