FTL ErrorChecker - a problem detector for FTL mods
As is commonly known, modding FTL is a pain. It's very easy to make a mistake, and unproportionately hard to find and fix it. And even if everything seems to be correct, the game still crashes, for no apparent reason.
This tool is intended to help with that.
The name gives it all away - it's a utility that parses the game's archvies and looks for errors or mistakes - both the blatant and the obscure ones - and displays them to the user, to help with debugging of installed mods.
SleeperService has been unwittingly tricked into testing this utility for me (), and said that it, I quote, "makes excessive modding so much more comfortable".
Important: The editor requires at least Java 6 in order to run.
[ FTL ErrorChecker 0.1 Alpha ]
Source code is available at Github.
- Unpack the program anywhere.
- Don't double-click on the .jar file. Use one of the launchers instead:
- For Windows users:
- Double-click on run.bat. If that doesn't work, make sure Java is installed correctly.
- For Linux/Mac users:
- Double-click on run.sh (Linux) or run.command (Mac)
- If that doesn't work, open the Terminal, drag the script file onto it, and press Enter.
- For Windows users:
- When running for the first time, the program will attempt to find FTL installation.
Most of the time this should be located automatically, and you'll only be asked for confirmation,
but in the rare case that it fails, you'll have to locate FTL installation yourself.
How To Use:
- Install the mod you wish to check with SMM.
- Run the ErrorChecker (or, if it's already running, press the "refresh" button)
- Press the "parse" button
them, they're mostly harmless. If you can't distinguish between them and those caused by your
mod, run the Checker against clean, unmodded FTL first.
In case of problems, ask here in this thread.
Database Improvements & Suggestions
If you have dabbled with the checker's scripted database and improved some of the code, or added a script that verifies some aspect of a mod, please share it -- I can't possibly know all of FTL's quirks, so all help is appreciated.