FTL Captains Edition: Call for Events/Textlists

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
English Narwhal

Re: FTL Captains Edition: Call for Events/Textlists

Postby English Narwhal » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:11 pm

I'm just saying that you should pay attention to the rules of event suggestions.
NonPlayableYoshi

Postby NonPlayableYoshi » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:59 pm

English Narwhal wrote:I'm just saying that you should pay attention to the rules of event suggestions.

well not to be rude but its event SUGGESTIONS. that said. im not sure whats wrong with the event other then the fact the mantis i made up is in it and if it helps at first planed to just make this a federation bomber with a human. I still think its lore friendly. (i pointed out how in my last reply) its not well that balanced but to be fair there is the Holy crap! event where you get a free weapon for doing nothing
Captain Ace's Journey
This is the story of Ace the mantis.
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:08 pm

NonPlayableYoshi wrote:
English Narwhal wrote:I'm just saying that you should pay attention to the rules of event suggestions.

well not to be rude but its event SUGGESTIONS. that said. im not sure whats wrong with the event other then the fact the mantis i made up is in it and if it helps at first planed to just make this a federation bomber with a human. I still think its lore friendly. (i pointed out how in my last reply) its not well that balanced but to be fair there is the Holy crap! event where you get a free weapon for doing nothing

Shh...
Well, you make a point. Sorry, I'm an author more than a modder, so my anti-self-insertion habits came in. :?
NonPlayableYoshi

Postby NonPlayableYoshi » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:14 pm

English Narwhal wrote:Shh...
Well, you make a point. Sorry, I'm an author more than a modder, so my anti-self-insertion habits came in. :?

its ok I really don't mind if people are mean to me.i just try to get my ideas and views out into the world.
nobody thinks the same way.
Captain Ace's Journey
stickthemantis

Postby stickthemantis » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:37 pm

how do I delete this post
Last edited by stickthemantis on Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm Cyberboy2000, known as a modder and community leader of Invisible Inc.
I'm using this old account because I've been unable to get any verification email for a new account. Help with changing my name would be appreciated.
Pudgesicle

Postby Pudgesicle » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:05 am

When I'm using either the mantis or slug ships, I always get a significantly larger amount of scrap in playthroughs compared to other ships. Mostly its due to the massive amounts of boarding I do, but also slightly because of being able to pirate innocent civilian ships with little repercussions thanks to slug repair gel or mantis pheromones.

Trading fuel for missiles you say? Mantis boarding party time.

Engines are shot and you can't jump home? Liquidated crew mates.

Just a simple trading station who means you no harm? T'day ain't your day pancakes.

Remember in the movies where main character hero police officer is chasing bad guy criminal down the street but criminal hops in a getaway car and speeds off? Well, officer hero runs up to the nearest civilian car, waves his badge in the drivers face and says "I am commandeering this vee-ha-cle". He takes the car and is back on the criminals tail.

Since you being the captain of a federation cruiser and all, you're kinda like the space version of the police, where you can attempt to commandeer civilian resources for the good of the federation and the universe.

Anyway.

In situations where a neutral or friendly civilian ship or station is not asking for aid (shields broken or o2 is shot), you could have the option of attempting to commandeer supplies, repairs or fuel from said civilian. This could also happen at a store, repair station or any other time where you are dealing with a non hostile ship, station, or planetary settlement. When that option is selected, you would have a chance to gain some random supplies (fuel, missiles, repairs etc) to further aid you in your mission of saving the galaxy from the clutches of rebel scum.

Obviously, since the federation has fallen upon some dark times, not everyone will be as kind and giving as certain federation loyalists. You will have no idea who to trust.

List of bad things that can happen:

1)They laugh and tell you to piss off. Fight them (piracy) or get nothing.

2)You get supplies, but you find that they have hidden a tracking device inside an FTL fuel cell. Rebels advance.

3)They attempt to jump away to alert nearby rebels of your identity and position for a handsome reward. Fight ship. if they escape rebels advance.

4)They refuse and arm weapons to defend their stuff. Fight them (piracy) or leave.

That'll do it.
Got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
MightyKebab

Postby MightyKebab » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:03 pm

Event location: Mantis Homeworlds/Controlled Sector

Event Name: Mantis Elder

You arrive to find a small mantis craft with pirate markings. You're preparing to engage it but a seemingly elderly mantis appears on the vidcom. "Ah, federation friendlies. We've deserted our clan weeks ago and are looking for a formidable ally. Would you mind if we submit to your cause?"

1a. Listen to his offer

1b. You don't trust pirates, especially if it's mantis. Engage! - Fight a mantis interceptor.

2a. "So you're interested? Mm, very good. But Captain, there's always a catch for everything. I want to see if you're more than a foolish meatsack." The mantis shuts down it's comms. Moments later, teleporter signs are detected aboard your ship! The mantis brought it's whole crew and they start sabotaging your systems. You grab the gun from your bridge and prepare to fight. - Fight 4 mantises.

3a. (After killing the enemy crew) The boarding party's blood is scattered all over the corridor after the fight. Green, acidic blood pours down the elderly mantis' mouth as it looks up to you. "Good fight... Captain... good fight..."

4a. Attempt to patch him up at the medbay.

4b. Leave him to his death.

4c. (Improved Medbay) Quickly restore function to his internal organs with your advanced medical bay

5a Outcome 1: Despite your best efforts, the Mantis doesn't look like he's going to make it. You gasp, throwing the bodies out the airlock as you prepare for the FTL to charge (reward: nothing)

5a Outcome 2: By luck, the mantis' injuries weren't too major. You hardly manage to save him before he steadily stands up, "You've proven yourself worthy and have shamed me by saving me. I shall serve you until I'm no longer useful." (reward: 1 mantis crew)

5b: You cant help but feel bad at the mantis as you throw his body out the airlock. But then again, he's endangered your crew's lives. You pour some coffee and wait for the FTL to charge. (reward:nothing)

5c: With your state-of-art medbay, the mantis is cured within minutes. It quickly gets back on it's feet and offers a handshake, "You have a strong ship and fine crew, captain. It is a no-wonder this medbay saved them on many occassions. I shall take part in the Federation." (reward: 1 mantis crew)

Event location: Every fleet encounter

Event trigger: After destroying the encountered hostile ship at the fleet contrlled beacon.

"There's no time to salvage the enemy ship... you must jump away before the cruisers get in firing range!"

1a. Continue (nothing happens)

1b. Attempt to salvage it anyway.

1c. (Improved Engines) Attempt to outrun the cruisers' while salvaging.

1d. (Cloak) Attempt to salvage the ship while your cloaking system confuses the enemy targeting systems.

1e. (Scrap Recovery Arm) Have your scrap recovery arm swiftly and flawlessly salvage the ship.

2b Outcome 1: You try to salvage the ship but despite all your efforts, the cruisers are not making it easy, you have to jump away now! (5 hp lost)

2b Outcome 2: Although taking a few hits, you manage to succesfully salvage the enemy ship.(reward: A set amount of loot and 5 hp lost)

2c Outcome 1: Your engines are no match for the slow, bulky cruisers as you salvage the ship. You prepare to jump. (Reward: A set amount of loot)

2c Outcome 2: Despite your best efforts, the fleet manages to get a few shots at you. You prepare to jump away. (reward: low amount of scrap, 3 hp lost)

2d. You move in to salvage the ship while cloaked, but your cloak doesn't last forever as the cruiser constantly lock on you, you salvage the ship and prepare to jump. (reward: medium amount of scrap and 3 hp lost)

2e. Your recovery arm is even faster than a drone and speeds up the proccess greatly. You move out of the fleet's range just before they fire their locked weapons on you. (reward: medium amount of scrap)
Last edited by MightyKebab on Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NonPlayableYoshi

Postby NonPlayableYoshi » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:13 pm

Mantis that is nice...Mantis Interceptor...you son of a b****!
no but really you kind of took my idea there pal, why?
well i read the event some more. i see he battles you which is something ace would not want to do...still man you copyed me
Captain Ace's Journey
MightyKebab

Postby MightyKebab » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:18 pm

NonPlayableYoshi wrote:Mantis that is nice...Mantis Interceptor...you son of a b****!

What? It's not your idea. There's actually a ship called Mantis Interceptor in CE which is a Mantis Cruiser Type B reskinned mantis fighter.

But if you actually had the idea of this kind of event, I had nothing to do with it and we seem to have coincidentally thought of the same thing.
NonPlayableYoshi

Postby NonPlayableYoshi » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:22 pm

MightyKebab wrote:
NonPlayableYoshi wrote:Mantis that is nice...Mantis Interceptor...you son of a b****!

What? It's not your idea. There's actually a ship called Mantis Interceptor in CE which is a Mantis Cruiser Type B reskinned mantis fighter.

But if you actually had the idea of this kind of event, I had nothing to do with it and we seem to have coincidentally thought of the same thing.

well i'm sorry for jumping the gun. still look back in...i think page 11. you will find my event. not the point anyway i been posting a story about a mantis named ace, he has a mantis interceptor (custom ship i'm making) anyway i think i'm going to make it a new class of ship now that its a ship in CP...still not the point...i forgot the point
Captain Ace's Journey