FTL Captains Edition: Call for Events/Textlists

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Trynt33

Re: FTL Captains Edition: Call for Events/Textlists

Postby Trynt33 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:23 pm

Perhaps, a event for the virus sector.

Unknown Disease on Science Vessel

You arrive at a science station, and you immediately get a transmission from it. A terrified scientist speaks to you from the com system, "You! Travelers! If you have what we need, you would be a huge help, for science and the infected civilians on this vessel."

1a: Continue

2a:

The scientist starts explaining the situation, while trying to maintain his composure, "We took in a refugee ship, and we discovered they have an unknown virus. We don't know where and how they got it, but we are calling it 'Lockthroat'. What it does is, whenever the infected person eats or drinks, they will go into a violent coughing fit, unfortunately, not allowing the food or drinks to reach the stomach. We fear if we do not develop a cure for this virus, the refugees and the infected scientists on board will die of starvation or dehydration. It has been confirmed to be airborne so we sealed ourselves away from the rest of the ship."

3a: Continue

4a:

"Please, we need either advanced medical supplies to assist in developing this cure, or something. Please, anything can help."

1c:

Send your crew member in to try to assist the situation.

2c:

You send your crew member in to help the science team. He/she barely has any knowledge in science, but every little bit helps. After a bit of assisting the science team, your crew member returns and the com channel opens up again.
"Ah, thank you for your aid. We do not know how much it has helped, but your crew member was some decent help. Accept this as some payment." The scientist closes the com channel.
[Reward: Low scrap]

1d:

[Blue Event]
Send your Engi in to assist the science team

2d

You send your Engi crew member in to help the science team, the scientist was glad to see an Engi. After a while, the Engi returns, and the com channel opens up. "My, my, your Engi is quite knowledgeable! I'm impressed. It may indeed speed up the development of this cure, thank you. Accept this as payment." The scientist closes the com channel.
[Reward: Medium scrap]

1e:

[Blue Event]
Send your Crystal in to assist the science team

2e:
Your Crystal says, "'Lockthroat'? That's an odd way to say 'Sealthroat'. This virus is common where I am from, I will help them." Your Crystal crew member gets onto the vessel, leaving the science team shocked, but they allow him to help none the less. After a while, your Crystal crew member returns, and the com channel opens up. "Amazing! Whatever or whoever that alien was or is, he knew the cure to this! The cure will definitely be developed within a few hours. Thank you! Accept this as payment, you deserve it." The scientist closes the com channel.
[Reward: High scrap]

1f:

[Blue event]
Use your upgraded medbay to help speed up the developing cure

2f:
You allow the scientist team to use your medbay, to help develop the cure. The science team speaks to you, "While not the best, this will indeed help. We thank you. Oh, and accept this as payment." The science team returns to the vessel.
[Reward: Medium-low scrap]

1b: Leave

2b: Outcome

The scientist looks at you, with a saddened expression, "Oh.. We understand.." He closes the com channel, as your FTL begins to charge. You can't help but feel bad.
Random Commander

Postby Random Commander » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:58 pm

Just an Idea but I was thinking maybe the Rebel cruisers shouldn't be the only powerful enemies to be named:

1. Continue...
2. (Advanced Hacking [Lvl 3 Blue option]) Attempt to disable the Cruiser's CPU

1a) This Auto-Cruiser activates a powerful Combat Augment, <Insert Augment Description Here>

[Continue event as normal combat event]

2a) The Auto-Cruiser seems to have easily counteracted your hacking attempt: "Your pathetic hacking skills are no match and neither is your combat capabilities." It ends transmission and powers weapons.

1. Continue... [go to 1a]

2b) With quick thinking you activate the Hacking device and scramble the Cruiser CPU's main code. Sparks fly as the Auto-Cruiser's lights flicker, and eventually starts to power down. "ThE rEbElS wIlL hEaR oF tHiS1!1!1!" was it's final, garbled message.

Other possible AI Cruiser Names:

"We are Legion"
"Tr0j4n H0rse"
"100110 Your Face!"
"I, Cruiser"
"Input threat, Output destruction"
"Malevolent Metal Master"
"DeRezzer"
"Why Yes I am a Sentient AI About to Kill You"
"Shoot First, Compute Second"
"Drone #1337"
"D34th"
"Decompiler"
"Names are so 011101 years ago"
"Tac-Tix 5000"
"Version 2.Oh You're so Dead"

I can probably think of more but then the workload would be too much :P

Also there are probably more powerful enemies out there that I have yet to think of clever names for.
JustcauseUK

Postby JustcauseUK » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:56 pm

Event Idea
As you jump to this beacon you a shocked to see that two rebel scouts fighting.
As you near the battle you realize that one of them is locking on to you
You hail them saying:

1a: your going to regret that
1b: what is going on here?
{blue:LV 2 Hacking} Hack his weapons to lock onto the other rebel scout

2a: Fight. the other scout gets away and fleet speed is increased
2b: one of them explains that the other one took all scrap. However as he's explaining he realizes that you are a federation ship {FIGHT} other one gets away. However the rebel scouts engines catch fire and explode and kills all crew inside the ship
2c: the hacking drone launches and successfully hacks the weapons to fire on his ally. You jump away as the fight starts to get dangerous.{Chance} A stray missile hits your ship just as you leave causing 1-3 hull damage

Hope this gets put in
Zaisher

Postby Zaisher » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:33 pm

Torchwood202 wrote:Event Idea, Quest, Is actually in lore with cruiser add-on

REWARD: AI Core (Augmentation, you can decide what it does!)

it... allows you to generate a PERFECT Copy of any of your crew with half health max skills and the same racial abilities but It counts as a different race and cant be used in blue options
Hoogle

Postby Hoogle » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:05 pm

The Defector

When you arrive at the beacon you come face to face with a Rebel cruiser on a tactical training mission. With there weapons already online you realise you're going to have to fight your way out of here.

when you deal very little damage to the ship the cruiser surrenders

"Cease fire! Cease fire! We have no wish to fight you..."

[*]1. Continue firing on the cruiser

[*]2. Demand a weapon and a heavy sum then let them live

[*]3. Ask the captain why he does not wish to fight

Results
Option 1
Standard battle events nothing different

Option 2
You get a random weapon and about 40 scrap

Option 3
"When I joined the rebellion I wanted a better life for my family I did not know about the atrocities that would be committed by the Fleet. Cities destroyed, families torn apart millions killed...."

1. Continue

Sensors detect other Rebel Cruisers jumping into the area.

"You have to get out of here fast! Meet me at these co-ordinates, I have some information that can aid you"

The captain sends you the co-ordinates and this will add a quest to the map.

Quest Beacon

"You arrive at the beacon the Rebel captain gave you and his cruiser is there waiting"

"Hello Captain I'm glad you could make it. I should introduce myself I'm Captain Antillen. I'll get straight to the point! I want to defect! To prove this I'm sending you co-ordinates of a secret Rebel base in the next sector. I'm afraid I'm not of a high enough rank to give you much more information but my sources tell me they are working on a project that could potentially completely destabilise the Federation Fleet ensuring a Rebel victory.

It would be in your interest to check it out and destroy the base."

Continue.

"My engineers can repair some of your hull and restock your ship"

10+ Hull, 4+ Fuel, 5+ missiles.

Quest Beacon in next Sector

You arrive at the co-ordinates Captain Antillen gave you. A construction platform orbits the nearby planet but sensors show it to be empty and devoid of activity.

You fail to see the strategic importance and begin charging the FTL drive.

Continue.

As you are preparing to leave a ship sensors detect odd energy signatures and your life support goes offline. Then a ship decloaks in front of your bow...

To your surprise it's a Federation cruiser!

I'm unsure if this is possible but the player would go up against The Kestrel, crewed by Rebels.

Continue.

A Rebel captain appears on the screen

"Well you are an unexpected surprise! Nevertheless you can be our guinea pig! Rebel scientists have shown their superiority again. Using this ship to transmit Federation deactivation codes we'll be able to safely jump to the core worlds and suffocate the entire Federation fleet without firing a single shot!"

Continue

The Rebel captain cuts off the transmission and cloaks. If you jump away you can restore life support but you know you can't let the Rebels get away with this plan.

Continue

If you are successful in destroying the Federation ship Captain Antillen will jump into the area.

"Captain that was a tremendous display! I can't even begin to think of the devastation a weapon like that could have caused. The Rebels would have destroyed the Federation and then add all those ships to the Rebel fleet, there would be no end to the tyranny!"

Continue

"My engineers have informed me that we can reverse-engineer this technology and use it against the Rebel fleet. If we can use this technology to help you complete your mission then we're willing to do it whatever the cost! I'm not sure how long we'll last but if we can delay the fleet we might just see end of this war!

Captain Antillen salutes you and then he jumps away.

Rebel Fleet delayed by 3 jumps!

Not sure if it's all possible but I think it be an interesting addition to the story.
i8jello

Postby i8jello » Sun May 04, 2014 11:18 pm

How about a new augmentation:
Portable Nuclear Weapons!
If you have a teleporter, you can have a crew member board an enemy ship as a blue option. This will make your crew members hate you and will cost some resources each time... BUT the enemy ship will either surrender, giving more stuff than a normal surrender, the crew member will blow themselves up, giving some resources and killing the crew member and the enemy ship, or the crew member will join the other side. Does not work on the Flagship.
Tetron the Engi

Postby Tetron the Engi » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:33 am

OP MISSION: QUALITY EVENTS. SENDING CONTRIBUTION TO OP CARGO BAY. 15% PROBABILITY OF IT MEETING MISSION STANDARDS.

[Event in a Zoltan controlled sector or Zoltan Homeworlds. It's about a misunderstanding that could lead to a fight.]

You jump into the center of a firefight! A Zoltan missile salvo hurtles towards you - probably meant for the Mantis Ship behind you. Act fast!

(1st choice tree)~Get out of the way!
Your ship pulls up hard - merely giving the barrage a nice broad target
(Receive 10 Hull damage)

OR

You just manage to react fast enough. Your ship dives under the missiles.
(Nothing happens)

(1st choice tree)~BLUE OPTION Pilot Skill (Fully green exp bar) Evasive maneuvers!
You expertly roll your ship out of the way, leaning your hull just past the explosives.
(Nothing happens)

(1st choice tree)~BLUE OPTION Deploy a defense drone.
Your crew works together to shove a defense drone out the hatch, shooting most of the rockets down before they can reach you. You make quick work of dodging the last few.
(-1 Drone part)

---All choices lead to the same second choice tree---

"You let those criminals escape, you Fools!" The Zoltan patrol leader booms through your communications, angry at 'your' mistake. You try not to take it personally.

(2nd choice tree)~Take it personally and fire back at them!
You warm up the guns, you've had enough.
(Begins fight against Zoltan Patrol Ship)

(2nd choice tree)~Apologize and move on.
The Zoltan continues to lose his cool. "That is all the Federation is good for; shielding the weak from swift justice" You slump into your chair, ready to jump away. "Watch yourself next time."
(Nothing happens)

(2nd choice tree)~BLUE OPTION (Mind control level 1) Mind control him into apologizing
The Zoltan sends an apology gift your way, hoping for forgiveness. Your control over him wears off before you can jump away. He quickly realizes that he's been used and orders his patrol to attack!
(You receive 10-25 scrap then battle with a Zoltan Patrol ship)

OR

With a change of heart (and mind) the Zoltan sends a gift to your cargo bay with haste. You manage to jump away but hear "Wait - What? - Where did our metal go?" in your communications last minute.
(Receive 10-25 scrap)

(2nd choice tree)~BLUE OPTION (Mind Control level 3) Mind control him into apologizing
What comes your way next is not more missiles, but a gift. The Zoltan Patrol leader messages you frantically and apologetically. You decide to get out of here before he comes to his senses.
(You get 10-25 scrap)

[Msg me if you have questions!]
SUͪͥB͐M̈̆I̔̓T́ ͮYͮͬ̐OỦ͐̃RSͣË́ͦL̅̅Fͯ̿ T̈́Ȍ T̂ͤȞE̓͆ ̓́͑̓̈͗͒Eͪ͗NͮͪGI̿ ͪM̒̈̏̍ͬA͊STͪEͥ́̀͑͂͌Rͯ̈́ RAC͆̉Ėͣ
superarmandbros

Postby superarmandbros » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:23 am

You land on a planet to discover a utopian city. The place is stunning, beautiful, and everyone there seems happy. You ask yourself how they managed to achieve such a high level of perfection. Oddly though, they don't seem to be aware of the rebellion. You wander to the nearest person and ask them...

1.Could you give us a tour?

(OUTCOME 1: He gives you a tour. One of your crew members is so amazed about this place that he decides to leave your company and live forever in this city. [ -1 crew member])

(OUTCOME 2: He gives you a tour. On the way, he takes you to the city council. The council is enraged to hear that the man brought some "imperfections" to the city and puts your crew in prison. After a long time, the council decides to kick you out of the city, since his decision of putting you in prison seems to him now as "rather harsh". [FLEET DOUBLED BY 2 JUMPS])

(OUTCOME 3: After giving you the tour, the man wishes to take part on you interplanetary adventures, and decides to join your crew and give you his scrap savings. [high scrap + one new crew member)

2. Are you aware that there is a war going on?

(OUTCOME 1 The man listens to your tale, he then tells the city council about this, and they decide to side with the Federation. Before you leave, they give you some scrap to help you along your journey. When the rebels arrive, they put up such a fight that the rebel fleet is in disarray. [FLEET DELAYED BY 2 JUMPS + medium scrap])

(OUTCOME 2: The man listens, he says he doesn't care and walks away.)

(OUTOME 3: The man shouts "LIAR!" And shoots one of your crew members. The crowd around you is in shock that the man would kill somebody in cold blood, so they overpower him and put him in jail. The crowd muster up some scrap to compensate for your loss. [ -1 crew member + medium scrap]

3. Why did the chicken cross the road?

(OUTCOME 1: The man finds this hilarious and gives you some scrap. [low scrap])

(OUTCOME 2: The man doesn't find this funny and punches you in the face)
CragsTheRock

Postby CragsTheRock » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:01 am

(This event only occurs in Slug space, also im formatting this like how an event would be formatted in the wiki)
You jump into this beacon and you spot a slug station, many civilian cruisers are surrounding the ship.
1. Investigate
Outcome 1a. You approach the station and an advertisement is painted on the station "Slug hypnosisssss! Free!!!" Your crew beg to watch it. You think "Why not?" and board the station. As you land, your crew jumps out and picks some seats. A slug on stage asks "Any volunteersssss?!" (79% chance of choosing one of your crew)
1.Continue
Outcome1. He points to the person next to you. He simply gets up and walks to the stage. "You are getting very ssssleeepy" He says, the person falls asleep fairly quickly. "You are a chicken!" The slug says, the person starts to cluck. the audience claps, but you notice something strange, the audience has blank eyes, you ignore it. Suddenly, the slug commands "Now, you will kill these people right here!" Your crew runs back to your ship, but the man also comes aboard. (Reward: Intruders, Ends event)

1ab. The slug points it's finger at one of your crew, "How about you?!" your crew member steps up on stage and sits on a chair. You notice something, all of the audience around you have blank eyes. You start to get suspicious, plus, why would slugs host a free show? The slug says "Your getting very ssssleeeepy." Your crew member's eyes start to droop
1aaa. That is quite enough! (Ends the event)
Outcome aaa.You leave without a word taking your sleepy crew member onto the ship, he manages to recover.
1aab. Lets see how this plays out
Outcome aab. The crew member;s head nods down. "My little friend, you will now refer to me as your master!" You pull out your blaster but it's too late. Your crew member sleepily replies "Yesss master" the slug threatens "Ssshoot me, and you will get your buddy angry, You may wake up." Your crew member wakes with spirals in it's eyes. You wake him up and drag him along into your ship. Your crew member doesn't remember any thing and he/her acts extremely weird for the rest of the trip. Atleast one of your crew member took notes of the show.
(Reward: One random crew member loses skills, add hypnosis augment)
(Hypnosis augment can gain one crew if there is only one crew on an enemy ship) and there is no drones)

2. You ignore the station as your engines start to charge (Nothing happens)
CragsTheRock

Postby CragsTheRock » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:01 am

(This event only occurs in Slug space, also im formatting this like how an event would be formatted in the wiki)
You jump into this beacon and you spot a slug station, many civilian cruisers are surrounding the ship.
1. Investigate
Outcome 1a. You approach the station and an advertisement is painted on the station "Slug hypnosisssss! Free!!!" Your crew beg to watch it. You think "Why not?" and board the station. As you land, your crew jumps out and picks some seats. A slug on stage asks "Any volunteersssss?!" (79% chance of choosing one of your crew)
1.Continue
Outcome1. He points to the person next to you. He simply gets up and walks to the stage. "You are getting very ssssleeepy" He says, the person falls asleep fairly quickly. "You are a chicken!" The slug says, the person starts to cluck. the audience claps, but you notice something strange, the audience has blank eyes, you ignore it. Suddenly, the slug commands "Now, you will kill these people right here!" Your crew runs back to your ship, but the man also comes aboard. (Reward: Intruders, Ends event)

1ab. The slug points it's finger at one of your crew, "How about you?!" your crew member steps up on stage and sits on a chair. You notice something, all of the audience around you have blank eyes. You start to get suspicious, plus, why would slugs host a free show? The slug says "Your getting very ssssleeeepy." Your crew member's eyes start to droop
1aaa. That is quite enough! (Ends the event)
Outcome aaa.You leave without a word taking your sleepy crew member onto the ship, he manages to recover.
1aab. Lets see how this plays out
Outcome aab. The crew member;s head nods down. "My little friend, you will now refer to me as your master!" You pull out your blaster but it's too late. Your crew member sleepily replies "Yesss master" the slug threatens "Ssshoot me, and you will get your buddy angry, You may wake up." Your crew member wakes with spirals in it's eyes. You wake him up and drag him along into your ship. Your crew member doesn't remember any thing and he/her acts extremely weird for the rest of the trip. Atleast one of your crew member took notes of the show.
(Reward: One random crew member loses skills, add hypnosis augment)
(Hypnosis augment can gain one crew if there is only one crew on an enemy ship) and there is no drones)

2. You ignore the station as your engines start to charge (Nothing happens)