FTL Captains Edition: Call for Events/Textlists

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
KJ4VOV

Re: FTL Captains Edition: Call for Events/Textlists

Postby KJ4VOV » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:05 am

I'm curious, you say that English is not your native language (though you are well adept at it), so what is your native tongue?
Due to the rising cost of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.
Orly Lolwut

Postby Orly Lolwut » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:33 am

This event is a continuation of the Merchant’s Request (http://ftl.wikia.com/wiki/Merchant%27s_Request). It will occur only after you investigate the cargo or agree to deliver it to its intended destination.

Take the Cargo

Quest Marker:
50% vanilla reward (drone and scrap)
50% Silent Station

Silent Station

You arrive near a nondescript space station. You hail them and they open frequencies, yet do not seem to acknowledge you.

1. Explain you’re here to deliver the cargo.
1a. The station abruptly cuts communications with your ship. Moments later, a boarding drone is launched at your ship!

1. Continue…
2. (Defense Drone) Shoot it down (-1 drone part)!

1b. The drone impacts your ship, landing in the cargo hold. As your security team is dispatched to destroy it, it emits a signal. Moments later, an explosion rocks though the ship as your cargo detonates! The station then charges up its weapons… (5 hull damage, initiate fight with Pirate Blackmarket)

(If station is destroyed) 1c. Even these pirates, with their underhanded tricks, cannot withstand the wrath of your ship. You move in to scrap the remains (standard reward).

(If station’s crew are killed) 1d. As your crew scavenges the station, they find a unique drone schematic. It appears to be of the boarding drone that blew up your cargo bay earlier, with a few modifications. If the drone is within a ship, it can emit a signal to detonate the ship’s missile supply, rendering bomb and missile weapons useless and also causing some (.25 per missile?) hull damage. You order your crew to bring it back (P. Boarding Drone received, along with high amount of scrap).

2b. Your defense drone easily shoots down the would-be invader. Moments later, the station powers up its weapons (Initiate fight with Pirate Blackmarket).

(If station is destroyed) see 1c.

(If station’s crew are killed) 1e. As your crew scavenges the station, they find a unique drone schematic. It appears to be a prototype boarding drone. If the drone is within a ship, it can emit a signal to detonate the ship’s missile supply, rendering bomb and missile weapons useless and also causing some (.25 per missile?) hull damage. You order your crew to bring it back (P. Boarding Drone received, along with high amount of scrap).

2. Leave.
2a. Something seems very off about this station. You think it would be best to put as much space between it and your ship as possible.

Investigate the Cargo

75% vanilla events, 25% sealed tight.

Sealed Tight

Your crew eagerly tries to open the cargo container, but to no avail. You make a note of the delivery destination in case you want to drop off the cargo for the payment.

Quest Marker:
100% Silent Station.

Note: like the original Boarding Drone, the prototype Boarding Drone also takes three bars of power.
Knightmarez

Postby Knightmarez » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:52 am

I'm going to start modifying the 'chat with your crew member' txt events now. I'll be adding a series of '' you talk to your crewmen about it's philosophy '' and begin adding memoriable quotes. I mentioned this in another thread but now that the 'crewmen - convo' tree thing is sorted i can really being work on this.

I'll keep you posted, should i make a separate thread or just post it here?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:49 am

I think I already pointed out that I will not put direct real world references into the mod. :| Not really matching FTLs tone IMO.
Knightmarez

Postby Knightmarez » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:50 pm

i wasn't going to put real world references, you misunderstand, i'll post some examples here later.

<text>Your human crew member recalls... "In Rebel Space we only had two channels. Channel One was propaganda. Channel Two consisted of a Rebel officer telling you: Turn back at once to Channel One."</text>
Knightmarez

Postby Knightmarez » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:31 pm

When in a radiation zone, against a dead ship hull, your vindicator beam still fires. any chance to jam it (your own vindicator beam)
ikeelyou300

Postby ikeelyou300 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:19 am

Sleeper Service wrote:I think I already pointed out that I will not put direct real world references into the mod. :| Not really matching FTLs tone IMO.

Aaaahhh Man. Does that mean no Rebel ships named...
RS Double Rainbow
RS Chocolate Rain
RS All Your Scrap are Belong to Us
RS Mysterious Ticking Noise
RS Rebels Don't Care
RS Still Alive
RS The Cake is a Lie
RS Spaaaaaaaaaaace!
:P :lol:

LAWL. Props to anyone who got those last 3. I was in a weird mood.
KJ4VOV

Postby KJ4VOV » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:53 pm

How about the combination of an Effector and an Engi triggering the possibility to steal an augment from another ship? Maybe increase the odds of the event popping up depending on the level of Effector and the experience (and maybe the number) of Engi crew? I'd also let the experience of the crew influence the odds of success.

So the way it would work is, if you didn't have an Effector and an Engi crew member the event would never come up. If you had both though, then there's a chance the event would come up, with the % chance of it coming up affected by the level of the Effector and/or number of Engi crew. Once it does pop up, the chance of successfully stealing an augment would be weighted by the level of Effector, the experience of the Engi, and the number of Engi in the crew.

Edit to add: Oh, and the only augments that can be stolen would have to be software based, unless you also had a cargo teleporter, then you could steal almost any of them.
Due to the rising cost of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:04 pm

KJ4VOV wrote:How about the combination of an Effector and an Engi triggering the possibility to steal an augment from another ship? Maybe increase the odds of the event popping up depending on the level of Effector and the experience (and maybe the number) of Engi crew? I'd also let the experience of the crew influence the odds of success.

So the way it would work is, if you didn't have an Effector and an Engi crew member the event would never come up. If you had both though, then there's a chance the event would come up, with the % chance of it coming up affected by the level of the Effector and/or number of Engi crew. Once it does pop up, the chance of successfully stealing an augment would be weighted by the level of Effector, the experience of the Engi, and the number of Engi in the crew.

Edit to add: Oh, and the only augments that can be stolen would have to be software based, unless you also had a cargo teleporter, then you could steal almost any of them.

Some could work, others no.
ikeelyou300

Postby ikeelyou300 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:35 am

Giant Alien Spiders possible outcome:

While fighting the giant insects your crew falls back to an isolated corner of the station. Just when you think this will be the end of your crew and your mission one of your crew yells "I've had enough of these MOTHA-F***IN spidas on this MOTHA-F***IN station!!!" :lol: They run into the swarm of insects and manually detonate an explosive. The blast blows a hole in the side of the station sucking your crew member and all of the spiders into the void before the emergency airlocks are initiated. The crew of the station is very grateful for your help and your crew members sacrifice.

You lose 1 crew member, but get a slightly higher reward than the normal outcome. This would be a middle possibility between just losing a crew member randomly and getting nothing and succeeding without any casualties. Your crew member dies more epically this way in Samuel L. Jackson style.