HELP NEEDED: Augmentation modding

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
PrismatiCore

HELP NEEDED: Augmentation modding

Postby PrismatiCore » Fri May 10, 2013 2:07 am

After unpacking data.dat, the only instances where augmentations are mentioned is in blueprints.xml. However, it doesn't have any attributes that would allow useful modding.

for example:
the zoltan shield augmentation has this blueprint

<augBlueprint name="ENERGY_SHIELD">
<title>Zoltan Shield</title>
<desc>An unexplained technology creates this nearly impenetrable shield. Only the energy outburst from an FTL engine is powerful enough to recharge it.</desc>
<cost>80</cost>
<bp>8</bp>
<rarity>0</rarity>
<stackable>false</stackable>
<value>2</value>
</augBlueprint>

it doesn't have any apparent attributes that define what it does in game besides maybe <bp>, or <value>

My question is, how can I make an edit to an augmentation blueprint that changes what it does?
Kieve

Re: HELP NEEDED: Augmentation modding

Postby Kieve » Fri May 10, 2013 2:56 am

PrismatiCore wrote:My question is, how can I make an edit to an augmentation blueprint that changes what it does?

Augments are largely hard-coded. The only ones you can consider moddable are those which affect a solid number, such as the Engi Medibots and their rate of healing, or how much an auto-reloader improves charge/fire rate. And to that degree, you can alter the augment to perform better or worse than before, but cannot change it to affect another aspect of the game (an Auto-Reloader cannot be modded to create missiles for you, for example).
aaaaaa50

Postby aaaaaa50 » Fri May 10, 2013 3:31 am

There was a topic on this over here recently.

The attributes that can be changed are the title, the description, the cost, the rarity, stackability, and value. Value is the only one that really changes stuff, (ex: making scrap recovery arm give you double scrap) and for some augments it doesn't appear to change anything (such as the zoltan shield.)
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
DryEagle

Postby DryEagle » Fri May 10, 2013 1:02 pm

<bp> is just a refence value for the devs concerning how powerful something is. e.g. if you look at weapons, you'll notice the stronger ones have higher bp, and vice versa. it doesn't do anything ingame as far as anyone's been able to tell
All ships I have created include custom weapons, graphics etc:
ImageImageImageImage