Ship creation- help needed!

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
DryEagle

Re: Ship creation- help needed!

Postby DryEagle » Sat May 04, 2013 11:10 pm

Also make sure your images are all saved as 32-bit PNGs. Not 24-bit PNGs and not any other format, because PNG-32 is the only type that the game will accept and render as images.
All ships I have created include custom weapons, graphics etc:
ImageImageImageImage
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Mon May 06, 2013 9:22 pm

TheNewbie wrote:From what I have seen so far ,paint.net is surperior to other programs ,at least for "making" ship and weaponry. I have used photoshop and gimp but both had disappointing results.

I dunno wat u mean with "other programs" but paint.net is far from being better than gimp, photoshop, paint shop, and a lot of semi-professional image editing programs.

The reason paint.net is easy for this stuff is just because it has less potential than gimp or photoshop. Paint.net is great for make easy and simple stuff, but thats all.

For weapons i will never use gimp , photoshop or something like that, not even paint.net, its a more like waste of time, its much better to use a icon-related image editting program , like iconworkshop. Then, when u have the basic outlined design, then u open it with gimp and then u can do the effects and paint it the way u want. This is really much easier and fast.

And again, i dunno the issue with 32-bit images, i have almost all my sprites in 16-bit, or even 8-bit and i dont have any problem..
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
Speculator

Postby Speculator » Tue May 14, 2013 1:44 am

Hello again!
I have removed the white background but decided to change my ship-several times.
But now I have settled on one. It has everything it needs, works fine, but is placed on the bottom right of the screen instead of being centered.
What caused this and how do I fix it? (Note- if you need some information, such as the mod files, then ask)
Thanks
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Tue May 14, 2013 6:53 am

Look at the ship.txt file. there you find:
Vertical
number
Horizontal
number

if the numbers are anything else than zero, set them to zero. If they are 0, set them negative -50 or - 75 or how ever far your ship is misplaced.
Here is the Stuff I made:
ImageImageImageImage
And stuff is always better than no stuff, right?
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Tue May 14, 2013 10:51 am

What Meztelmax said; also look at this. You might want to adjust either the x, y position of all rooms, or the X_OFFSET and Y_OFFSET values.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL