Calling all modders

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
brothershogo

Re: Calling all modders

Postby brothershogo » Wed May 01, 2013 6:03 am

So any concept art in the works? Would love to start working on some designs, but if you could provide concept art/design specifications/reference images/a list of ship classes that would be helpful...
ImageImageImage
DryEagle

Postby DryEagle » Wed May 01, 2013 11:01 am

sorry i've been studying for exams (nuclear physics ain't easy) so haven't had too much time for this. mostly just working out the various stats and putting them into actual files, as you saw with the weapon stats posted earlier. the ships are a relatively easy thing because, well, there's only so much you can do with a set of rooms and a background image. so, that doesn't worry me greatly, because that can be done pretty quickly if someone managed to throw together some graphics for it.
All ships I have created include custom weapons, graphics etc:
ImageImageImageImage
TheNewbie

Postby TheNewbie » Thu May 02, 2013 8:09 pm

Crystals suffocate harder... What about a guy with a diving suit? You know, those huge bronze suits used in diving. And lockdown ability being an animation of a guy with this suit flooding the room with water; It's hard to open a door underwater while a guy with a diving suit punching the cr*p out of you. :lol:
Alvarin

Postby Alvarin » Fri May 03, 2013 3:30 am

The flooding is the replacement for the vacuum, so it wouldn't work. Guy in diving suit would be really hard to visually differentiate from guy in armor (rockman) using just 25x25 pixels... And then they just begun using diving bells. The suits arrived about 200 years later.
TheNewbie

Postby TheNewbie » Fri May 03, 2013 8:17 am

Well , consider the fact that some pages back people suggested gliders for attack drones... So , having guys with diving suits for crystals doesn't sound very "weird" , even if those diving suits were invented 200 years after.
Alvarin

Postby Alvarin » Fri May 03, 2013 2:41 pm

Chinese people started using man-lifting kites from about 7th century and 17th century Japan used kites for infiltration. Granted, gliders are different from kites, but not by much. The main reason for not including Crystals is not the suits, which are plausible, but the lockdown ability.

EDIT - After some fact-finding, apparenly I was wrong - the diving suits were started to be made as early as beginning of 18th century, much earlier than I believed it to be.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sat May 04, 2013 3:36 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZZqmdc- ... &index=105

I got an idea for battle music, Ever heard of Skies of Arcadia, well this is the ship battle music, and I think it might make for a good combat theme
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
DryEagle

Postby DryEagle » Sat May 04, 2013 9:12 pm

I think we can have something a bit more classy than that...
now here's some proper music for tense strategic combat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg1xlLufxIU
All ships I have created include custom weapons, graphics etc:
ImageImageImageImage
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sat May 04, 2013 10:40 pm

I was going for something exciting, why not for the final battle?
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sat May 04, 2013 11:36 pm

Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL