The Shipyard

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Kieve

Re: The Shipyard

Postby Kieve » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:45 pm

SIR_WHO wrote:I was playing around splicing together ships, and made this:
YES, it is 2 of Kieve's ships spliced together. YES, its badly done.. I spliced them together for my own uses.
Btw, i'm new here... how do I make my pictures bigger?

I don't mind personal use, but I'm going to quote from the Archon's readme:
=========================================
KRS Incursor Cruiser Mod
Please do not alter OR redistribute
the contents of this mod.

The Incursor Cruiser is part of a
larger WIP project and should not
be included in any compilations or
ship / weapon packs.

Note the "alter or redistribute" portion - Incursion is still WIP (and barely at that), so I'd appreciate it if ship graphics (even spliced/recolored) were not used in other mods. Personal use is one thing, if it's just staying on your drive, for your game, but please do not distribute it publicly.
SIR_WHO

Postby SIR_WHO » Mon May 05, 2014 12:21 am

Kieve wrote:
I don't mind personal use, but I'm going to quote from the Archon's readme:
KRS Incursor Cruiser Mod
Please do not alter OR redistribute
the contents of this mod.

The Incursor Cruiser is part of a
larger WIP project and should not
be included in any compilations or
ship / weapon packs.

Note the "alter or redistribute" portion - Incursion is still WIP (and barely at that), so I'd appreciate it if ship graphics (even spliced/recolored) were not used in other mods. Personal use is one thing, if it's just staying on your drive, for your game, but please do not distribute it publicly.

Just taking a swing at modding myself for the first time, figured I'd take a few nice-looking ships, see what I could do with them as a trial. That file won't ever leave this disk.
Will never be logged on, ever.
SIR_WHO

Postby SIR_WHO » Mon May 05, 2014 12:21 am

--
Last edited by SIR_WHO on Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Will never be logged on, ever.
opticlops

Postby opticlops » Mon May 05, 2014 7:23 pm

This is kind of a request/ plea for help... If anyone can assist in making a Dalek ship (doctor who) for FTL that'd be great as I am horrific at photoshop and if I am unable to find assistance then I will just end up making the Void ship that they flew in (Doctor Who joke #cool) so yeah...
Cheers :)
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Tue May 06, 2014 9:39 pm

I wanted to make a Lanius ship with gold-ish blades and purple lights. Unfortunately, I can't work with the lights and their glows being on the same layer and mixing in with everything else. The ship was going to have mind control and a teleporter and no weapons. I didn't know The Shrike's play-style when I theory-crafted this, but I was still considering it even when I noticed the similarities. I've given up on this since I noticed how frustrating re-coloring the Lanius ships can be, but I'll post a re-color that I made of the Type-A. It has been applied to all aspects of the ship, including the surrounding glow, so it might not look as good. :roll: I also applied this same color change to the Type-B, and I'm going to use that instead for a new idea. Click the image for the Imgur gallery with the gibs and miniship.

Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
Tweevle

Postby Tweevle » Sun May 11, 2014 8:04 pm

At the suggestion of Russian Rockman, I've made a couple of Lanius Type B ship images (with gibs) to go with the Type B ships I did earlier. Now finally got around to uploading them! Feel free to use them for whatever if you give me credits.

Download Here

For the rest of my Type B ships (plus a bonus Zoltan scout with cloak, pirate version and now gibs) see this thread.

ImageImage

And for comparison, the original Type B Lanius Cruiser:

opticlops

Postby opticlops » Mon May 12, 2014 2:05 pm

How do all of you make such good ships!!!!! :cry:
xlandar

Postby xlandar » Mon May 12, 2014 3:26 pm

Could you post a photo of the dalek ship you want to make? I did a quick google search and the ones i saw seemed pretty easy to make. I would be happy to try and create one for you.
art and coding tutorials wanted, pm if you have some good ones please!Image
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon May 12, 2014 3:47 pm

Hey Tweevly, amazing work you did there again. I'll definitely put these to use in Captain's Edition at some point.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon May 12, 2014 4:25 pm

Tweevle wrote:At the suggestion of Russian Rockman, I've made a couple of Lanius Type B ship images (with gibs) to go with the Type B ships I did earlier. Now finally got around to uploading them! Feel free to use them for whatever if you give me credits.

THANK YOU!!!! I knew you'd come up with something awesome. They look great!!! They should go in CE right away. Sleeper could probably just use your images to splice a Lanius B station too.